CTC Tables in 5.4?

Paladin
Post Limit:
Many don't like the idea of CTC Tables coming back in 5.4, I don't know if it is a true thing but reading the patch notes, I feel like they are going to be coming back. I am thrilled if that is true. I just loved the feeling achieving my avoidance cap and then MoP came out. Even though when mastery came out in cataclysm, the CTC Tables were going to go away but they did bring a lot of stuff back from the past. Hopefully CTC will be back aswell.
From what patch note(s) are you getting the impression that CTC is coming back?

(Combat table coverage tables?)
I don't see what's fun about passive tanking.
The closest thing I can think of that you might be referring to is the change to Grand Crusader, which has nothing to do with CTC, so...?

CTC capping isn't gonna come back. Two out of five tanks having a permanent 30% melee damage reduction is bad for balance, especially when one of the two is paladins who are already very strong tanks.
What...?

Honestly the only tanks that have any kind of relevance to CTC are, oddly enough, Brewmaster monks. Between their base avoidance (including 5% additional parry from Swift Reflexes), high agility (they love the stat, it's much more of a primary stat than it is for any other tank class), Shuffle providing 20% parry all the time, and Elusive Brew providing 30% additional dodge when active... they can actually cover a quite ridiculous amount of the combat table at will.

I don't see what's fun about passive tanking.

I don't think anybody does, which is why it's not coming back.

The QQ about the Grand Crusader change is just so, so unwarranted. It's merely to make Dodge and Parry ratings less awful in comparison to the rest of our stats, that's it. We're not going to stack them.

There is no doubt that Dodge and Parry ratings will be removed or, at the very least, fundamentally reworked in the next expansion. Ghostcrawler has all but admitted so on Twitter. It's just too big of an overhaul to happen mid-expansion, it would require too many changes and would be too difficult to balance, and no amount of "the sky is falling" or forum QQ is going to change that, folks.
With the 40% increase in block with the T15 2pc, I am able to successfully mitigate any attack through a block, parry, or dodge. However, this doesn't prevent me from ignoring the 2pc when progressing heroics because the Active Mitigation tanking model this patch will prevent far more damage from periodic boss abilities.
07/19/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Joefutofu
With the 40% increase in block with the T15 2pc, I am able to successfully mitigate any attack through a block, parry, or dodge.

Unless it's putting you at over 100% block (104.5%?), it's not doing that. The combat table was changed in MoP so that it checks if you avoid an attack, then checks if you block. You can't use the combined avoidance-plus-block number for CTC like you could in Cataclysm.
Yeah, what Keten said. (It was 102.4%, but it's also totally irrelevant this expansion, so I have no reason to remember that.)

Block is on a two-roll system, it's literally impossible to block cap.
07/19/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Keten
With the 40% increase in block with the T15 2pc, I am able to successfully mitigate any attack through a block, parry, or dodge.

Unless it's putting you at over 100% block (104.5%?), it's not doing that. The combat table was changed in MoP so that it checks if you avoid an attack, then checks if you block. You can't use the combined avoidance-plus-block number for CTC like you could in Cataclysm.

I totally forgot about that, thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'm not a very good tank!
This guy has to be messing with everyone ?

His post is ridiculous, maybe just wanting to start a topic to be heard.. :/

He must have had some kind of feeling achieving that avoidance cap!!'
Yeah, what Keten said. (It was 102.4%, but it's also totally irrelevant this expansion, so I have no reason to remember that.)

102.4% was under the old system. Enemies neglect 1.5% dodge, block, parry, and miss per level now, so it should require 104.5% block (or combined avoidance) to completely push normal hits off the combat table.

At least I'm pretty sure it's 1.5% per level. :U
07/19/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Keten
Enemies neglect 1.5% dodge, block, parry, and miss per level now

My reaction:

"Delicate Vial of the Sanguinaire is even more impossibly useless for a plate tank than I thought! MADNESS"
07/19/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Keten

102.4% was under the old system. Enemies neglect 1.5% dodge, block, parry, and miss per level now, so it should require 104.5% block (or combined avoidance) to completely push normal hits off the combat table.

At least I'm pretty sure it's 1.5% per level. :U
Actually that would make it require 104.5% block or 113.5% combined dodge/parry/miss. The avoidance total is higher because the boss will suppress 4.5% of each of the 3 factors.

Though it does make me wonder, isn't base miss chance only 3% now? Would that mean that a boss would just have a 0% chance to miss, or would it become a negative miss chance? Or do raid bosses still use the old 5% base miss chance?

That or I think you might be wrong about it being 1.5% per level, seeing as the old model was only 0.2% per level, so 1.5% seems rather....large. Maybe it's 0.5% per level, which would be 1.5% total for a raid boss (for each result).
I could be remembering it wrong. That's what I remember it being from the beginning of the expansion, when all of the base numbers were adjusted. I'm not sure where to check now since Wowpedia's combat table article doesn't appear to have been updated for MoP.

And yeah, if those numbers are right, bosses can't miss anymore.