Macros?

Paladin
I've been thinking of macros for my ret pally, and all i can think of is AW, GotAK, and Holy Avenger. Does anyone else know any macros I should be using?
Mouseover macros are good for Hand spells, Flash of Light, and Cleanse.

A cancelaura macro for Divine Shield, when you just want to clear debuffs.

Modifier key macros for switching between CS/HotR, and TV/DS.

And perhaps an Execution Sentence/Light's Hammer macro, to switch between them more easily.
/startattack macros for your melee abilities are crucial in my opinion
Actually, the old functionality of startattack macros is now built into the spells.
/startattack macros for your melee abilities are crucial in my opinion

Blizzard removed the need for that in 5.0. All attacks now start your auto-attack even if the attack itself doesn't work.
If you REALLY want to min/max your damage between GoAK, HA and AW, you will actually want to put them into two seperate macros.

You want to send out your King, let him build up the strength buff for 10 seconds, and then unleash AW/HA together. I made two macros using the built in timer to help me track it:

First macro:
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
/stopwatch 10
/stopwatch play

Now wait for the stopwatch to reach zero - then hit the next macro.

Second macro:
/stopwatch close
/use 14 (this activates and on-use trinket if you have one in the bottom slot)
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Avenger
If you REALLY want to min/max your damage between GoAK, HA and AW, you will actually want to put them into two seperate macros.

You want to send out your King, let him build up the strength buff for 10 seconds, and then unleash AW/HA together. I made two macros using the built in timer to help me track it:

First macro:
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
/stopwatch 10
/stopwatch play

Now wait for the stopwatch to reach zero - then hit the next macro.

Second macro:
/stopwatch close
/use 14 (this activates and on-use trinket if you have one in the bottom slot)
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Avenger

With Sanctified Wrath, this is not necessary as Avenging Wrath has a 30 second duration. You can blow all your CDs as soon as you apply Inquisition for 30 seconds of face rolling burst that will wake the Titans.
Come 5.4 GoTAK with be a 3minute CD with 12 stacks instead of 20, might as well put it on with HA and AW for full faceroll power.
5.4 looks like another win for Rets. Less burst dps but more sustainable dps.