Holy Paladin Niche: Hard Casts

Paladin
  • Holy Light, Flash of Light, Divine Light and Holy Radiance cast times, healing effectiveness and mana costs reduced by 30%.
  • Word of Glory, Eternal Flame and Light of Dawn healing effectiveness reduced by 20%.

• What do you people think of this?
    If that were to be implemented, that better be a glyph.

I can see why someone would want this, since the playstyle right now is very Resto-druid-get-HoTs-everywhere-and-let-overheals-double-over-into-mastery/mushrooms-and-make-them-useful because of how the encounters work and our lack of spread healing just makes it a bit lacking. Even with more buffs to our single-target healing, all we'd be doing is becoming better tank healers and "ohsht" buttons and kinda puts us to similarly where Resto Shamans are (pre-5.4). Except without the wonderful totems, of course.
    How would it be a buff to single-target healing?

The raw healing would be the same. Rather, it would be diffuse and, off the top of my head, would be much more likely to:

1) Help us stabilize raid-wide damage more effectively with spot heals.
    2) Provide us with better mobility.
    3) Reduce Crit RNG
    4) Make our personal CDs stronger for raid-healing due to 1.
    5) Be a unique niche.
    6) Be more engaging.
    All healers have hard casts. Your idea would just make holy completely awful on fights that need lots of healing during heavy movement like heroic Jin'rokh or blade lord.
    All healers have hard casts.

Hi Sherlock, you may want to take a few seconds out of your time and read the entirety of what I wrote a second (first?) time.

Your idea would just make holy completely awful on fights that need lots of healing during heavy movement like heroic Jin'rokh or blade lord.

I completely disagree, unless you believe Holy is worse than "completely awful" in its current incarnation.