I seem to die too fast (Ret PvP)

Paladin
I usually play prot for pve, and I am used to pvping on my balance druid, but I decided to pvp on my pally for a change, I do fine sometimes, but whenever a rogue, hunter, dk, elemental shammy jump me, I seem to die too fast to do anything, I don't know if I am just bad, or if they are just really strong against me. I have almost full pvp honour gear the remaining gear that is from pve is for tanking, but its better than nothing.'

Tips on how to beat these classes would be great, or tips on my gear, stats, etc. Also, I can't seem to do anything to a warlock no matter how much I burst them down they seem to get right back up.

TL;DR How do you beat hunters, ele shammy, rogues and dk?
unfortunately you answered our own question right here

08/01/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Wålly
almost full pvp honour gear

with the loss of resil to pvp gear and it being baseline, you are better off pvping with 502 lfr gear then the honor gear that is out till you can get conquest gear. Try for the conquest weapon first if anything, then work up from there. From what I've seen it goes: conquest gear>Pve 502+>honor gear.
TL;DR How do you beat hunters, ele shammy, rogues and dk?

A lot of this is a gear issue. Get your Tyrannical 2H as soon as possible. But this is a great time for you to practice execution, as you will have to be near flawless in order to beat these classes who are in full Tyrannical.

Vs. Hunter:
Key talents: Long Arm of the Law, Fist of Justice, Clemency, Holy Avenger, Holy Prism

Hammer stun immediately - you want him to eat a full hammer stun 30 seconds later if he trinkets. Get your Ancient King out early.

Blind his stampede (you can hit all his pets when they mob you and keep them off for 6 seconds, really helps).

When you start to dip on HP or when he calls his stampede (which is usually pretty quickly) pop HA/AW and Judge, 3HP WoG on self, HoW, 3HP WoG on self, Judge....repeat while running him down. If he silences you, Aura Mastery immediately. You cannot get behind on self healing. Your goal is to stay above 20%, otherwise Kill Shot will take you out. This is when you want to land your kill, ideally. Holy Prism on yourself on cooldown - just make sure you don't do this near a blinded stampede, or you'll hit them all and break your own CC.

If he deterences, either build HP on his pet or hard cast a FoL on yourself. If you've made it this far, and you are above 20% HP, you've won. Get that full hammer stun in and finish him off.

I'll reply my tactics for the other classes after I get some work done. I can tell you, though - geared warlocks just don't die. I cannot beat them on my own. The key is to know when to trinket a full fear, and getting a solid interrupt off.
That malevolent gear is so low, just use PvE gear.
Your gear is what is hurting you, bad. I'm WAY better now than I was when I had Malevolent/489/LFR gear. Also I found that for Hunters, Blinding his Stampede helps out tremendously.

For rogues, I like to blind right when he pops, while he is Blinded, try to cleanse and get some hits on him. When he pops again, HoJ him and pop wings and go to town.

Elementals I cannot seem to beat myself, especially when experienced and geared, just bubble when you see him start to grow and transform.. not the best advise there, but they are just too crazy. As well as Locks, they just do too much damage and have WAY too much self healing.
Many thanks for the tips
Guys, Burden of Guilt is UNDERRATED. You can beat Mages, Hunters and come out on top vs other bursty classes with this spec. Slowing them down keeps them in range long enough for you to blow them up - a million times more useful than a stun that can be trinketed (Mages using blink)

You'll also want to work rebuke into your rotation, you'll know the moment to use it (enemy is coming out of a stun, usually will heal) or when they are casting

Finally, don't be afraid to use Sanctified Wrath, it will allow you to spam hammers at ranged enemies that you otherwise wouldn't be able to touch, and keep your HP available of heals/Templars V.
Guys, Burden of Guilt is UNDERRATED. You can beat Mages, Hunters and come out on top vs other bursty classes with this spec. Slowing them down keeps them in range long enough for you to blow them up - a million times more useful than a stun that can be trinketed (Mages using blink)

You'll also want to work rebuke into your rotation, you'll know the moment to use it (enemy is coming out of a stun, usually will heal) or when they are casting

Finally, don't be afraid to use Sanctified Wrath, it will allow you to spam hammers at ranged enemies that you otherwise wouldn't be able to touch, and keep your HP available of heals/Templars V.

Oh yeah, BoG is AMAZING! I used it the whole patch up until like a week ago.. longer HoJ with shorter CD can kill someobdy extremely quick though, especially when you have another teammate behind you. Also I found out that BoG is changed in 5.4 to almost uselessness compared to what it is now. So I'm just preparing for next patch really.
tips against rogue, divine protection shadow blades, bop dance immediately, pop cool downs when rogue eats full hoj, kite don't die.

1v1 DK: so easy a cave man can do it.

1v1 hunter: not possible is the hunter is anysort of decent but take up burden of guilt because they have ten million trikets. stun soon as you can take sanctified wrath instead of holy avenger.

1v1 elemental shammy you won't win unless you have a pillar period. only way to beat ele is to oom them.