Conquest Cap/Gear Rating in 5.4

Arenas
Post Limit:
ok, so tell me if i'm just confused but i've heard numerous posts say that when 5.4 hits we again are allotted 1800/2200 arena points per week but in reading what blizz has written it would seem the points we can get and the gear we can get is going to be based on rating...but there is no mention of what these ratings will be:

"your Conquest Point cap will now be based on your Personal Rating. The rating requirements to purchase items will also be based on your Personal Rating."

Right now know the higher rating you can get the more points but you earn points with each match to a minimum of 1800, is this not the case anymore? Is it going to be like Wrath where every week depending on your performance you will be given a certain amount of points?

Sorry but i haven't found an answer to this anywhere.
Conquest cap is already based off your highest active rating in a given week.
Firstly this is not accurate. ALL players can get a minimum of 1800 points in arena each week and in previous arena (Wrath) you could literally wind up getting very few points for playing a lot of matches if you performed poorly.

Secondly, there is no requirement currently on conquest gear itself aside from obtaining the correct amount of points to purchase it. per the blizzard post it would seem they are reverting back to Wrath where you need 'x' rating to purchase shoulders/hands, 'x' rating for chest/legs and 'x' rating for the weapon.
maybe you should stick to pve oh wait feral T-T
haha, well while i logged last night in pve gear I am primarily a pvp player. This character is just the newest who I rolled up in MOP.
Awesome, thanks Khlause. I really did not want to go back to the Wrath days where getting a pvp weapon seemed impossible.
Khlause, do you have any blue posts on that or is it speculation? The more i re-read it I keep getting stuck on the "the rating requirement to purchase items"...it does not say to purchase elite gear, they separately discuss that...

Maybe a blue (Blizzard) could pop in and clear this up?
There are no requirements to purchase any gear at the moment. The old Tier 2 stuff now only requires that you have obtained 25,000 conquest points. I have not seen anything saying this will change. Tier 2 is now only a cosmetic difference as well and not a stat increase.
There are no requirements to purchase any gear at the moment. The old Tier 2 stuff now only requires that you have obtained 25,000 conquest points. I have not seen anything saying this will change. Tier 2 is now only a cosmetic difference as well and not a stat increase.

need 2k rating to purchase cosmetic elite gear now