stop ninja looting in nilla dungeons.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
ITT

Smelly hippies crying about gear they will replace from a new dungeon or different zone.

haha! Next time just wait 3 seconds before you start dpsing. I love how your impatience cost you dearly.

Better yet, make it like the old days when the tank was the leader and could kick the dps for not watching their threat.
btw tank was in ret spec. and did not have righteous fury on
I bet you could have told him to turn on righteous fury and it would have been fine... the dps who was rolling on everything probably thought "cool I can't be kicked now!"
08/01/2013 07:51 AMPosted by Pella
Tank( Pally ) rolled need on a leather item for his monk guildy. Sad this happens I just leave and go on about my stuff.. Its very annoying!
maybe it's different at lower levels, but doesn't rolling need on an item make it soulbound?
I'm gonna straight up take your stuff! Just as soon as I win a completely random roll!

http://i.imgur.com/UgZ4ABF.gif
08/01/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Bartello
Tank( Pally ) rolled need on a leather item for his monk guildy. Sad this happens I just leave and go on about my stuff.. Its very annoying!
maybe it's different at lower levels, but doesn't rolling need on an item make it soulbound?

Yes, but dungeon loot lets you override soulbinding so long as the person you give it to was eligible to get the loot (another person in the dungeon group)
Ninja looting.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ninja looting is the generally used and accepted term for rolling on something you should not.
plus, to an enchanter, all green or better loot is useful.
And to everyone, all loot can be sold for currency, which is always useful.

But the most important thing to remember: Blizzard allows it, and before whining about something, do some research.
Ninja looting is the generally used and accepted term for rolling on something you should not.

Say who?

Who is the person that determines "who should not?"
Ninja looting.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Just because a lot of people use the word wrong, doesn't make it right. It just means there's a lot of idiots who don't know what the word means.
We are looking to bring the personal loot system that's currently used in LFR to dungeons as well, which will of course solve that problem. Randomly matching players together just doesn't match well with coordination and universal agreements over loot distribution. No announcements yet on when that will be coming, but it won't make it for 5.4.
Anyone here who doesn't believe rolling on things one will not use doesn't exist wanna group up for dungeons?
We are looking to bring the personal loot system that's currently used in LFR to dungeons as well, which will of course solve that problem. Randomly matching players together just doesn't match well with coordination and universal agreements over loot distribution. No announcements yet on when that will be coming, but it won't make it for 5.4.

I really like this change, will it be the same chances roll-wise or possibly a bit higher?

Horrible horrible HORRIBLE idea. Please do not do this.

Are you seriously too lazy to flag low level gear for their proper specs? They already are in the dungeon journal so it's not too much of a stretch to extend that to the actual loot rolls. Also, low level gear does not matter too much because there is no ilvl requirement for dungeons until you reach Cata content. Please do not add an extra element of RNG to what is already there. I dislike the LFR loot system because when I kill a boss, I like seeing loot drop regardless of whether it's for me or not. I am not a fan of "personal" rolls and it honestly feels like a huge nerf when you put it in low level dungeons.

Don't fix what's not broken.

Horrible why? Because you'll miss senseless arguing with other players over insignificant dungeon drops?

Because I don't like the LFR loot system. I personally don't argue or make a big deal out of losing a roll on low level gear. Yesterday while leveling my paladin with no heirlooms (in mid to late 70s) I cannot tell you how many upgrades I lost to people who need for vendor trash. But at the same time, it doesn't need to revert to a personal loot system because the drops rates are going to be garbage and no chance at OS gear unless you play the loot specialization thing which is really obnoxious when you have to go to the dungeon journal and look up what every boss drops. If it ignores spec, then my ret/holy paladin is going to be stuck with a strength shield that I don't want and can't simply pass on to the warrior who's been using the same one for 20 levels.

LFR matters because epics and endgame gearing is a big part of this game. Low level dungeons? Please don't ruin what works for everyone.

Horrible idea, please don't do this.

Wouldn't that feel a bit overkill?

I mean, I get that its an issue, but we're talkin about leveling dungeons here. Any gear you can get in any 1-60 dungeon will be replaced within literal hours of playtime. Any gear in the BC dungeons will be replaced once you hit Wrath and so on.

And now to make an argument that goes counter to what I just said, wont that also necessitate expandin loot tables in lower level dungeons? A lot of them are extremely light on certain types of gear and extremely heavy on others (really useless weapons are everywhere in vanilla dungeons). I remember my Boomkin ended up completely decked out in caster cloth because caster leather barely exists in leveling dungeons.
08/01/2013 09:05 AMPosted by Eutychus
Anyone here who doesn't believe rolling on things one will not use doesn't exist wanna group up for dungeons?

Who here stated such?

Lots of folks

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ninja%20looter

Horrible why? Because you'll miss senseless arguing with other players over insignificant dungeon drops?
08/01/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Wichasha

because I'd imagine if you go solo that instance, you'll get a bag of gold instead of something useful to de or transmog.

The same issue I have with LFR / world bosses personal loot, if I want to get a group together to funnel gear to one person, it should be my right.