stop ninja looting in nilla dungeons.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
Clearly the OP of this thread, as well as thousands before it, are based on the fact that a random group of strangers being matched to take on content will tend not to come to universal agreements on how loot should be distributed. Those situations do not make most people happy. This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress.


Want to be able to upvote blue posts.
Ninja looting.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.


This. Ninja looting isn't really possible in WoW.
I'll stop here and say there aren't any specific details available to share, where it would apply, or when, but it is something we are looking at implementing and we'd appreciate any feedback on how this might impact how you want to play the game.
This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress.


Translation: We are losing too many subs so we will make it harder to get the gear you want to progress, therefore keeping you around and paying longer.

And you wonder why im quitting next week.
It'd actually be less RNG because you're not competing against an unknown element of rolls by the other players you're randomly matched with.


If players don't like that option, they can play with friends to have that problem removed. Instead, you make everyone use a loot system that so many people hate (I KNOW you see LFR loot threads that pop up constantly).
It'd actually be less RNG because you're not competing against an unknown element of rolls by the other players you're randomly matched with.


RNG that you can control if you wish it, is better than RNG that you can't.

Clearly the OP of this thread, as well as thousands before it, are based on the fact that a random group of strangers being matched to take on content will tend not to come to universal agreements on how loot should be distributed. Those situations do not make most people happy. This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress

LFR drop rates seem to be tweaked as if you are playing with 24 people interested in loot, I assume the new 5 man drop rates if implemented will be the same, whereas in reality, not everyone wants loot. Thus, making the new system drop rates lower than the old system.
I'll stop here and say there aren't any specific details available to share, where it would apply, or when, but it is something we are looking at implementing and we'd appreciate any feedback on how this might impact how you want to play the game.


If we can choose our spec we want for gear drops, just like in LFR, then I'm all for this. Right now people all to often lack any moral compass when it comes to treating other players in their group with respect. From people rolling need to de, to rolling need just to deny other players gear because they don't like the helm they are wearing.
Most people who LFD are annoying stupid children. Why would you expect anything less from them.

I swear to god I got a 2 year old mage one time. He acted just like an infant.
I'll stop here and say there aren't any specific details available to share, where it would apply, or when, but it is something we are looking at implementing and we'd appreciate any feedback on how this might impact how you want to play the game.


My feedback: don't put it in. If I spent more time in dungeons to get gear on various toons, this feature would be enough to make me quit the game. As it stands, I'm in dungeons for valor the vast majority of the time, but it still angers me that this happens.
So wait... Assuming this terrible idea gets implemented...

What does that mean for farming the Deathcharger mount from Stratholme? Does it become 1% chance to drop for everyone there, effectively multiplying the likelihood at least someone will get it, or does it reduce the drop rate to 0.2% for everyone to "simulate loot competition" even if you go back and solo it at 90?

If it's the former it's ok I guess, but the latter better not happen.
08/01/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Arkthan
This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress.


Translation: We are losing too many subs so we will make it harder to get the gear you want to progress, therefore keeping you around and paying longer.

And you wonder why im quitting next week.


I wasn't wondering at all. I don't know who "You" is but with your attitude all I can say is... Buh-bye!
As it stands, I'm in dungeons for valor the vast majority of the time, but it still angers me that this happens.


But it's okay that someone else can be caused grief? If you're only there for valor why does it matter to you?
08/01/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Venomheart
It'd actually be less RNG because you're not competing against an unknown element of rolls by the other players you're randomly matched with.


RNG that you can control if you wish it, is better than RNG that you can't.

Clearly the OP of this thread, as well as thousands before it, are based on the fact that a random group of strangers being matched to take on content will tend not to come to universal agreements on how loot should be distributed. Those situations do not make most people happy. This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress

LFR drop rates seem to be tweaked as if you are playing with 24 people interested in loot, I assume the new 5 man drop rates if implemented will be the same, whereas in reality, not everyone wants loot. Thus, making the new system drop rates lower than the old system.


I would like to know what methods you employ to control whether or not you que into the dungeon que system with a ninja looter.
We are looking to bring the personal loot system that's currently used in LFR to dungeons as well, which will of course solve that problem. Randomly matching players together just doesn't match well with coordination and universal agreements over loot distribution. No announcements yet on when that will be coming, but it won't make it for 5.4.


That is indeed welcome news, it will reduce negative emotions associated with the game for many. May I ask if it will only apply to groups accessing the instance via the random group finder and not when one or more players physically travels to the instance to access it? Or is the system not that flexible?
I don't care for this at all. It's ok in LFR and with World Bosses since 25+ people rolling on 4 items is just asking for drama, as Dragon Soul aptly demonstrated.

However, I don't think it's a good idea in Heroics. 5 mans are the place where we learn a lot about socialization in the game and how running with a group works. Working through loot disputes is part of that.

What I think people really need to get past is the idea that x item is their loot before it drops. That's not how it works.
Tanks tank just fine with dps gear, don't know what game you're playing, it clearly isn't wow.


Really? No wonder the player base is all !@#$%ed up now.
08/01/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Pitachip


RNG that you can control if you wish it, is better than RNG that you can't.


LFR drop rates seem to be tweaked as if you are playing with 24 people interested in loot, I assume the new 5 man drop rates if implemented will be the same, whereas in reality, not everyone wants loot. Thus, making the new system drop rates lower than the old system.


I would like to know what methods you employ to control whether or not you que into the dungeon que system with a ninja looter.

Queue with friends.
I would like to know what methods you employ to control whether or not you que into the dungeon que system with a ninja looter.


Really? Do you REALLY need this explained to you? /facepalm
This would be a change for high level progression dungeons as well, the ones where your rolls on loot can determine how quickly you progress.


Except that at 15% loot chance amongst 5 people = 75% chance that someone will get loot, meaning 25% of the time everyone there will get nothing... Not sure if this is the best thing for dungeons unless the percentages went up to 20% or higher per person.

Still the overall math of everyone getting nothing will feel much higher than actually seeing something drop. Seeing an actual item appear at least alerts you that something is actually there even if no one can use it. Wouldn't you agree?

Also, is anyone taking into consideration that Disenchants would plummet into nothingness? I feel that this idea sounds like it needs some more thought.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum