wtb vanilla wow dedicated server

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
You can keep implying that i never played vanilla but blood guard, centurion, lieutendant commnder titles would suggest otherwise.
What people really miss is the sense of "newness" and "wonder". And the "community feeling".

But time and familiarity killed the first and CRZ killed the last.

Its over. Move on. Pandora's box has been opened and the demons have escaped.
There ya go.
It would not be too much fun. Vanilla WoW Wasn't fun because of the mechanics, and general game play.

The community is what made it into an amazing MMO.

People would group up, get together, and do stuff, together. Leveling itself was an extremely tedious task, let alone trying to do it Solo.

So when you reached every new level, killed every new enemy, You felt accomplished. The thing is, the game was new. So many people that were leveling, that was their first character. Nobody really leveled alts like they do today. It was too much of a time consuming task.

This game is almost a decade old. You won't find the team, community effort, even if everyone switched to this vanilla server.
Now we have, dungeon finder, LFR, random bg's and everything is much easier. But, it turn, it crushed a majority of the team work aspect.
T
he Game isn't as dazzling and adventurous as is was many years ago, because everything is old, and you've seen it before.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Ry6vMbTSTQM/T5SyqzyUpHI/AAAAAAAACFE/ysyjoTxFg9o/s320/beat-a-dead-horse.jpg

fill in your own blanks
I just watched a cut scene and got half a level. Seriosly what a joke.
They should totally bring back a Vanilla WoW server just like it was in 2005... also, they should re-release Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo back into theaters.
08/04/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Korrish
Thank you Fallanaa for posting that. Good information there.

So its ok for you to enjoy the game but not others? i think these servers would be more popular then people realise. and if you dont want it...dont play it...almost like...LFR...

They would be very popular, for about 12 hours. Then people would be complaining they can't get groups, that their talents suck, that they can't buy pvp gear because they can't get the rank to get the decent gear, that they can't earn the money for a GROUND mount, that they don't even have FLYING mounts, etc., etc.
Flying mounts ruined the game .
So its ok for you to enjoy the game but not others? i think these servers would be more popular then people realise. and if you dont want it...dont play it...almost like...LFR...

Its nothing like LFR, but that couldn't be further from the point.

What happens when people have farmed Naxx for three months and there's no new content coming? What happens when Horde players can't play Paladins anymore? How about when Alliance Paladins who enjoy playing Retribution-spec are laughed at when they try to join raiding guilds because Retribution was such a laughably horrible DPS spec in Classic?
08/04/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's not like the people posting them searched for previous opinions about it.

What priveous opinions? All that gets posted is
1) An OP
2) People calling for "the wall if kill all discussion"
3) A thread of non-constructive tripe.

People complain about the posters of this topic, what about the people posting in the topic that do not add to the discussion?

08/04/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Snowfox
One could also argue it's brought up by people incapable of listening, and so we should ignore them.
Lets do that for every topic once Blizz says "no"? Nice 'mog. I guess it is a good thing for you people kept posting about the appearence tab after Blizz said "no"?
08/04/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Derkhoof

Its nothing like LFR, but that couldn't be further of the point.

What happens when people have farmed Naxx for three months and there's no new content coming?

What happens when people can't even GET into Naxx for a year because they haven't gotten the gear needed from every other raid, not including the resist gear. Nor even the rep required to get into the instance without breaking the bank? People forget how much harder it was to make money back in vanilla.
It's not like the people posting them searched for previous opinions about it.

What priveous opinions? All that gets posted is
1) An OP
2) People calling for "the wall if kill all discussion"
3) A thread of non-constructive tripe.

I don't blame people for not bothering to write detailed reasons anymore - even I don't, it would just be copypasta... which is what the Wall Of No is.

Bluntly (perhaps rudely) put - if the OP is too lazy to search for existing threads about it, I'm not surprised people are unwilling to put forth the effort to write detailed replies either.
Sounds like some people just dont want to lose half of their playerbase in panda wow. Nor does blizz want to admit they have no idea how to develop games anymore.
Bluntly (perhaps rudely) put - if the OP is too lazy to search for existing threads about it, I'm not surprised people are unwilling to put forth the effort to write detailed replies either.
There may not be a whole lot (if any) threads about this particular subject, as i'm pretty sure the mods are so tired of seeing them after the blizzard explanation of "NO" that they delete them asap.
Sounds like you don't want to actually address some of the reasons people are giving you why it's not as good an idea in reality as it is in your head.
08/04/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Braelithira

Its nothing like LFR, but that couldn't be further of the point.

What happens when people have farmed Naxx for three months and there's no new content coming?

What happens when people can't even GET into Naxx for a year because they haven't gotten the gear needed from every other raid, not including the resist gear. Nor even the rep required to get into the instance without breaking the bank? People forget how much harder it was to make money back in vanilla.

It would be ridiculous. Aboslutely linear progression...aka, you went nowhere near BWL without having farmed out full raid gear for 40 people in MC/Ony. People playing the game today would have nervous breakdowns over resistance gear, too.
08/04/2013 02:02 PMPosted by Arkimus
There may not be a whole lot (if any) threads about this particular subject, as i'm pretty sure the mods are so tired of seeing them after the blizzard explanation of "NO" that they delete them asap.

I realize they delete some.

There is no shortage of threads about the topic though. If you are implying that there aren't threads for posters to search on and find - well... I think you are incorrect.
Sounds like some people just dont want to lose half of their playerbase in panda wow. Nor does blizz want to admit they have no idea how to develop games anymore.

I will be eagerly awaiting your MMO. ;)