If we get new Forsaken models

General Discussion
08/10/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Raani
"I just don't know what went wrong! These pants were fine a second ago, but as soon as I put them on a huge piece of them just fell off!"

Forsaken or female character in any game ever? You decide!
Hah.
Truth.
I'd love the option to show or hide the elbows/knees. Maybe as a feature. I personally hate the way undead look in leather/mail/plate. It really takes away from the gear.
Forsaken is my favorite race, but I can't bring myself to make one that wears pants. Any Forsaken I makes has to wear a dress/robes. I hate the torn pants look. It's as if they spend a lot of time on their knees... -.-

Anyway, I'd like to see more flesh, but keep the decayed feel, obviously. Maybe even have the option of level of decay when making the character.
the idea is that, you died with the armor you own still on, than you were reserected with that armor, and it had already rotted while you were.

That's fine for the armor set you begin with, however we change armor often.

The idea of going through many seasons, gaining enchanted armor, and in some cases the ability to create armor - that only is tattered on you is outdated.
08/11/2013 07:19 AMPosted by Amren
the idea is that, you died with the armor you own still on, than you were reserected with that armor, and it had already rotted while you were.

That's fine for the armor set you begin with, however we change armor often.

The idea of going through many seasons, gaining enchanted armor, and in some cases the ability to create armor - that only is tattered on you is outdated.

no, what I was saying is, its as if you died with whatever armor you are currently wearing.

like you died at level 90, and that gear rotted with you.
no, what I was saying is, its as if you died with whatever armor you are currently wearing.

In that case every race would and should run around with rotted looking gear.

Look at Death Knights, they are walking dead as well yet they do not share the cursed look anywhere but their face.

I think Blizzard realized tearing up every gear set constantly is something to move away from. Now when they will apply it to the Forsaken is the question, I'm hoping the answer is with the next xpac.

But that's not how it works. There's a time line progression. At some point, characters would obviously prefer a better gear than those ragged pieces of cloth they start with.

And it doesn't make any sense that this new and nice gear would just rot as well.
Agreed.

I don't mind the arm bones so much - I'd totally keep them...
But all my pants look stupid.

):
I find it interesting how the female undead are skinny and rotting away and yet they still have massive boobs.
Flesh and bones? Check. Rotting parts? Check. Sex appeal? Check...?
I find it interesting how the female undead are skinny and rotting away and yet they still have massive boobs.
Flesh and bones? Check. Rotting parts? Check. Sex appeal? Check...?

But it's the best flirt ever.

"Yes, they're real. They're not mine, but they're real."

Plastic surgery is just one of many benefits going Forsaken has, apparently.
Plastic surgery is just one of many benefits going Forsaken has, apparently.

More like "Flesh surgery" considering there's nothing fake there.
it would be cool if you could be a pure skeleton too. Without any meat or skin.
I too hope there's no major changes for us Forsaken...Personally I think we're fine the way we are.

08/11/2013 07:10 AMPosted by Kyfe
This is just personal preference, but the undead model is the only ones I hope they don't touch.

I'm with you. I actually LIKE the undead model. The bones make it look better.

Yeah - of course a Worgen likes the bones - gives you guys sumthin to chew on...
Forsaken is my favorite race, but I can't bring myself to make one that wears pants. Any Forsaken I makes has to wear a dress/robes. I hate the torn pants look. It's as if they spend a lot of time on their knees... -.-

Anyway, I'd like to see more flesh, but keep the decayed feel, obviously. Maybe even have the option of level of decay when making the character.

Agreed - robes/kilts are the way to go for us.

I do get a chuckle every time I see my boney toes sticking out from underneath.
So if we get some new Forsaken models in the next expansion (or whenever they are coming) would it be possible to not have every bone sticking out everywhere? I get it that the Forsaken are dead and rotting, and they have bones exposed all over, but that brand new shiny piece of armor I just got isn't all falling apart and rotting, so why can you see bones sticking through?

Just a thought.

Next expansion you should sparkle in the sun light.
In my mind, I can see New Forsaken getting a system like Fempanda tails.

Twice as many skin options (which we're really, really lacking in) that look identical to the current ones. Half of them are like Chinese Forsaken but not a lame Photoshop edit, and half of them activate bones and have the skin texture changed to have a big gap where the bones are.

Armor goes over bones, but pieces that don't actually cover the bones will leave them exposed. Full plate armor might leave no bones but shorts and a t-shirt won't.
I don't see why they can't make everyone happy. They could add a sort of appearance slider that allows you to pick different 'body' types.

This including a very skeletal form with enough flesh to keep the original sort of look, albeit with some slightly better modeling now that technology has upgraded a bit. Another could be a completely unrotted variation, another could be a partially rotted form for some dented bits or something. Suitable for armored classes since it wouldn't have the tattered knees/elbows look.

All of them would have far better textures like most of the other upgraded races, I'd imagine. I'd be excited to see the new facial feature changes. Skeletal jaw would be nifty.