Hand of Sacrifice

Paladin
I started this toon back around November of 2012. I decided to mainly to PvP on this toon as well as a little bit of PvE mixed in (522 gear is amazing for WPvP). I have always kind of looked over Hand of Sacrifice. Recently I have decided to start using it a little here and there to get a feel for it, and get to know exactly how effective it is.

Could someone elaborate on the effectiveness of this ability? When should it be used (Pre-damage or during the bulk of the damage to your healer)? I ask this for the sake of 2/3s Arenas.

Thank you for the information in advance!
Use it to break CC on yourself (gouge/sheep/sleep/sap/etc).
How can you look over hand of sacrifice.......

One of the greatest utilities we have for arena.... You can flat out get your partner out of hunter traps, cc, just ahhhhh what are you doing!?!?
How can you look over hand of sacrifice.......

One of the greatest utilities we have for arena.... You can flat out get your partner out of hunter traps, cc, just ahhhhh what are you doing!?!?

I know, I know. Have to learn everything about a class somehow.

In PVP, Hand of Sac is your team dispel and personal CC breaker.

Examples:

1.) You notice the enemy team is about to CC you so they can swap to your teammate. Throw Sac on your teammate. The immediate damage they do to your teammate may break the CC on you. Some CC cannot be broken by Sac, such as stuns and sometimes Fears.

2.) You notice your teammate has magical CC on him, such as Polymorph or HoJ or Ice Trap. Use Sac to dispel the CC.

Sac dispels all harmful magical effects, including things you normally don't want to dispel such as Vampiric Touch, so be mindful of when and how you use it. Sac itself can also be dispelled so watch out for that.

I have heard it can break polymorph on your teammate, I just wasnt sure how that all went about. So I would cast it on them after they have been morphed. Correct?
Sac dispels all harmful magical effects, including things you normally don't want to dispel such as Vampiric Touch, so be mindful of when and how you use it. Sac itself can also be dispelled so watch out for that.

This is pretty much all you need to know. Learn how to sac your partners (mainly healers) out of their CC, and you will do well in arenas.
well thank you all for the information. I was under the impression that it had to be cast pre-harmful effect for it to work. I will most definitely be working on the usage of this spell now.
You can also use it offensively to prevent CC, such as vs mage/rogue teams. When you are DPSing and have your CDs popped, throw Hand of Sac on your partner to keep you out of poly/blind/sap.