Legendary Quest Line Help (scenario)

Paladin
I am trying desperately to do the final stage where you have to kill the Manifested Corruption. My dps set is kind of crap so I have been trying holy. I managed to get him to 25% or so by healing the add before it killed me because I ran out of anvils.

Any tips for keeping the add healed more? :( I think after every insanity the add goes back to 50%... at least from what I saw.

*frustrated*
What does your ret gear look like, and what have you been doing on the dps challenge?
My ilevel in ret is about 496 but I haven't played ret that much... mostly holy.

I will swap to it in a few...
When are you using the anvils?
I am using the anvils when he casts insanity or whatever it's called... DBM announces it.
Okay, yeah, that sounds right. I haven't done it on my paladin yet (or as a healer, period) but I did it on my monk as WW, and interrupting the Insanity casts with anvils seems to be the most important thing. Have you looked up guides or videos on how to do it as a healer?
I did it as ret at about the same gear level. It took so many tries my gear was one death away from being broken. I did it recently on my spriest and I one shot it. Now partly that's because I knew the fight by then (it was beaten into me!) but also my spriest is better geared so does a bit more damage.

Some suggestions:

1. If you're going to try it as Holy look up comments on wowhead or similar to see if anyone has any suggestions/tips for the healing scenario

2. If you're going to try it as Ret, remember to use your cooldowns to burst the Corruption down as quickly as possible. I had to really play ret hard to get him in the end.
I finally did it as holy. Took a lot of patience and tries but... its done at least.
it's the same with the last quest of the legendary.. after the RuneStone do it as a heal or Prot and not a DPS you'll waste your time. GL
it's the same with the last quest of the legendary.. after the RuneStone do it as a heal or Prot and not a DPS you'll waste your time. GL

Well they recently reduced the difficulty of the DPS versions of the Celestial challenges so it's probably not so different now.
A couple people I know who were doing it said it really wasn't much different, the tears weren't what was hanging a lot of them up. There's a hilarious thread ongoing on the warrior forum for a while now with the last few pages being this one guy's just truly epic struggle with it... and every so often someone 10-12 ilvl below him, a truly literal LFR hero, comes in like "yeah I got it in a couple attempts last night."

They're talking about mechanics I have no idea what they are, though. It depends a ton on your ilvl, and what you can put out in the early parts of the fight. I was around 520 when I did it, some bad pieces but a 2/2 normal mode weapon.
I dunno might just be a how you play issue, i had no clue what to expect and just walked in and 1 shot it.
I dunno might just be a how you play issue, i had no clue what to expect and just walked in and 1 shot it.

Honey if I had your gear I would have too.
08/15/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Sarakatawen

Honey if I had your gear I would have too.

True dat. I think i was around 524 525 when the scenerio part of the quest, I'm sure the final cloak quest will be a waffle stomp for me :(