Legendary Quest Line

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Dear Blizzard,
You need to take the PvP quest out of the PvE chain. The fact that I have lost 15 Silvershard Mines in a row with no wins is completely bologna for my PvE character. I did not get all my PvE gear to be stopped in a quest chain by the incompetence of the alliance in Silvershard Mines. This is the worst idea I have ever encountered in any I have played. That is all.
Sincerely,
Paying Customer (for now)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9679138196

Somebody beat you to it, and by beat I mean its a dead horse already.
Then don't do it.

It's a legendary quest line.

If you aren't up to it - you don't get the reward.
If you don't like the PvP portion, just wait till you get to do the Pure RNG portion again...two times in a row.
In my experience, the mine place isn't so bad. But the orb battleground, regardless of the faction I'm playing, is just... UGH!
You have to win 2 BGs, not reach 2200 arena rating or whatever.....

08/17/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Snowfox

Also

Why do people type this? We're all paying customers.
Some people get lucky and win in their first BG. Some are unlucky and get the loser team. Welcome to Hotel RNG, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.
I got Silvershard mines on the first go. It was the Temple that took me many many attempts (more than 15).

And yet, I still got that section of the chain done within a few days, while the other sections each take months. So I'm really not sure why the complaining. It's frustrating in the moment, but I actually found that less frustrating than getting help to kill the horde chieftain dude.
08/17/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Oappo

Why do people type this? We're all paying customers.

In my experience, they think it gives them weight - that Blizzard is more likely to cave in and give them what they want "because they are a paying customer"

It's like you said though, we are ALL paying customers. It's a matter of balancing everyone's interests, not change the game or one person might quit.
I feel ya, I'm 0/11 for kotmogu, the mines took me 2 tries though. Keep trying and you'll get it eventually.
Dear Blizzard,
You need to take the PvP quest out of the PvE chain. The fact that I have lost 15 Silvershard Mines in a row with no wins is completely bologna for my PvE character. I did not get all my PvE gear to be stopped in a quest chain by the incompetence of the alliance in Silvershard Mines. This is the worst idea I have ever encountered in any I have played. That is all.
Sincerely,

Then don't do it.

Play at night..I did silvershard on this toon 1x and temple 1x...On my mage silvershard 3x and temple 1x..On my hunter it took 11x silvershard and 3x for temple...My hunter finally got the win at 9 pm realm time..Out of 6 toons that have done it all of them didn't get the win until after 9 pm realm time..
If you don't like the PvP portion, just wait till you get to do the Pure RNG portion again...two times in a row.

Funny that my mage started with relics 2 weeks before my lock (this toon)..Yet I started titan runes on my lock 1 week before my mage and I got the cape on my lock this week and my mage is still at 5/12
Got lucky on my PVP part and won them both First-Time-Go.

On the subject, though, just deal. It's ONLY one win of each. Sucks if you're getting some bad groups, but that's the nature of the beast. Welcome to PVP. You may not like it, but it COULD be worse.

Originally, it was going to be 10 wins of each if I recall correctly.

I enjoy PVP now and then, and I'm grateful I didn't need 10 of each with our battlegroup's track record...

I'd rather do AV as part of the questline, RNG should burn in a fire.
Literally just did this today.

Lost the first fight in the temple.

Won the first mines run.

Won the 2nd temple run.

Had a Deathknight tank for me while I killed Twinbraid.

ANd now I've got a shiny new socket for my outdated weapon XD

But yeah, really, not that hard. Learn what to do. The biggest trick is getting an early lead, most of the matches are determined in the first few minutes because its rare anyone will catch up.

In the temple, grab the orbs and survive in the middle. If you're a healer, keep on the orb bearers. If you're a tank, -be- an orb bearer. Gun for the bearers on the opposite side.

The mines, you need to split up, it starts with 3 carts, snag at least two and don't let everyone bunch up on one.
Then don't do it.

It's frustrating in the moment, but I actually found that less frustrating than getting help to kill the horde chieftain dude.

That was really hard. Took me two weeks to get that part done on my shaman. My guild kept saying "I'll help after this dungeon!" /log out.
/sigh.

Now when I see someone in trade or general chat looking for a group to kill that guy I always help :)

it was so horrid prenerf. the first 3 runestones drop for me the first week and i was like oh cool i am gonna finish this quick np! bout month and a half later and i got no runestones so i was like upset.

but yea pvp does suck about the legendary but atleast now you can buy some 376 pvp gear. when i did it the only pvp gear i could get was crafted and that did not help much. atleast you dont have it as hard as we had it when it first came out. took me 4 days to win the mines so dont complain so much about it.
Then don't do it.

This is the type of mindset that really pisses me off. Why should "legendary" require participating in a small subset of the game that a lot of people hate and avoid like the plague?

"PVP" in this expansion is an absolutely miserable experience, and should not be require by any stretch for a "PVE" questline.

Your adoption of the "if you don't like it, don't do it" bandwagon makes me wonder how you got MVP in the first place.
Then don't do it.

This.