Am I still banned?

Customer Support
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
omg this is amazing, i havent been able to post on toons since like 2k8:)
welcome back!
I don't get what the purpose of the forums is since Blizzard encourages it to be used for rivalries but whenever one starts on my server - the thread gets deleted and the temp and perma bans get thrown. Mind you, I know profanity and personal threats are forbidden, and they should be - but when arguements (aka rivalries) take place, it gets shut down. This is world of WARcraft afterall, and it's a 'T' rated game. I know many players who are banned from posting who were merely involved in arguements. I got banned and accused of trolling for just saying 'LOL @ RPers' in some general forum. I tried to argue my case, but was given a form email back saying 'it isn't possible to reinstate your account' and that was that. If I am so evil, why even let me play the game? I can still talk in channels and whisper anyone.
You'll need to show us all where it says that Blizzard encourages rivalries and arguments to be conducted on their forums. Because I've read the forum code of conduct several times, and by my interpretation, it says quite the opposite.

I hope you'll reconsider behaving as you did in the past, lest your history repeat itself.
Battlegroup Forums
Discuss your latest wins and losses with your Battlegroup and show off your realm pride!

Don't know which Battlegroup your realm is in? Click Here to find out!

From the forums page.

Maybe it was changed, but I could've sworn this said 'rivalries' at one point in time, hense why I remembered it.
Hopefully the ban stick won't be as tight this time. I mean really, just having a conversation with someone is trolling? Really?

Actually, I suspect that the 'new and improved' forums will be a bit more arduously monitored and moderated. This means you'll want to be quite a bit more circumspect than you may have been on the original forums.

This.

So, in other words - watch yourself on our forums, but you can still be a bit risque in our in-game channels. It's not like anyone has been perma banned for talking in trade, well, the odds are a lot less since I know many who are banned from the forums, but still play and yap in trade, for example. How would you get their 14 bucks a month then?
Your second chance? You're doing it wrong. Blizzard has chosen to give previously forum-banned players an opportunity to show that they've learned from their mistakes. You appear to be trying to squander the opportunity to re-join the community.

See someone behaving badly in Trade chat? Report them. Plenty of players have been perma-banned for Trade chat violations. Sure Blizzard wants the subscription fees, but not at the expense of the integrity of the game.
Your second chance? You're doing it wrong. Blizzard has chosen to give previously forum-banned players an opportunity to show that they've learned from their mistakes. You appear to be trying to squander the opportunity to re-join the community.

See someone behaving badly in Trade chat? Report them. Plenty of players have been perma-banned for Trade chat violations. Sure Blizzard wants the subscription fees, but not at the expense of the integrity of the game.

Oh, I am aware they could potentially ban someone's account for trade chat herassment - some I know have been temp banned...I've yet to see a perma though. But you don't see in game bans as often as you do on the forums - it's pretty clear why it's different. It's a bit hypocritical though that the offender can be banned in one aspect of the game, but not all, and still be allowed to offend. I'm using it as an example - not saying I was even a culprit.
I'm sure the clear difference would be the completely different departments handling the two completely different situations.

Let's also remember that the forums are a free perk, not something you are entitled to as a subscriber. In the end, though, if you feel a forum penalty has been applied in error, you can send an email to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com. If you feel an in-game penalty has been levied erroneously, you would need to contest it via email to wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com.

I'm not here to argue about whatever agenda you seem to be advancing, just wanted to let you know that if you continue with your current tone, things are going to end up worse for you than they need to.

Play by the rules, post by the rules, and you'll be fine. And report those who choose not to abide by the rules they agreed to.
My account is banned on the old forums after it was hacked several years ago, I'm glad to see I can post again. Though during the stress test of the forum in use now I was allowed to post as well until they transferred the ban lists over.

I want to confirm that this is permanent and I won't find out one day that you transferred the lists over again.

I want to confirm that this is permanent and I won't find out one day that you transferred the lists over again.

Its been confirmed several times though out all the forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/969727033#13

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/977987803?page=3#43
Ya thats cool

Oh, I am aware they could potentially ban someone's account for trade chat herassment - some I know have been temp banned...I've yet to see a perma though. But you don't see in game bans as often as you do on the forums - it's pretty clear why it's different. It's a bit hypocritical though that the offender can be banned in one aspect of the game, but not all, and still be allowed to offend. I'm using it as an example - not saying I was even a culprit.

I believe you are incorrect, we do action players in game and ban them just as much as we do here, although in game there is a certain system that is in place called, The Penalty Volcano. You can find out how the account action system works in game here:

Only difference between the forums and in game is that we are less lenient and we will remove any players that do not follow the code of conduct accordingly.
IF FEELS SOOOOO GOOOD TO BE BACK.
Hmm I can post here but not on the actual WoW forums.
Hmm I can post here but not on the actual WoW forums.
If you were banned from the old forum then you would not be able to.