Rate My Gear Thread - November 5th 2010

Mage
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
Still getting my head around all this new stuff, but it's a 10 no doubt.
Ps: It's been a while since I played

Pretty good for not having much icc gear. You need a bit of hit, and you haven't reforged anything (which could easily get you the hit you are missing). You also might look into getting the icc crafted legs and boots since you can just farm heroics for the primordial saronite now. To regain the 4set bonus you could grab the t10 gloves. Its been a while since I've played fire so I have no idea what the best stats to drop in reforging would be though :p But dropping the spirit on the cape and ring is a no brainer, spirit is worthless to mages now except for the fact that some of it can be reforged to something that isn't worthless :p Also along the lines of spirit being worthless you could drop the leg enchant for the one that has stam rather than spirit.'

I'd give you a 9/10 since fixing the things I mentioned aren't very hard to do.
Go ahead and rate mine. I'm curious where I'm at here with all these new changes.
Keep in mind I'm a PvPer.
Not too bad for PvP, but I don't PvP much on my mage. 7/10 for kicks

Yeah, I know I'm in the minority, especially as a mage.

7/10 you should get all the free welfare gear

7/10 you should get all the free welfare gear

8.5/10 your a bit under the spellpen cap, other then that your gear looks fine for pvp.
WTB a Swizzle rating. also for Pixul, looks pretty solid except for that icky trinket. 9/10

Lol yea my trinket makes me cry blood.

Jankes - 8/10 - I say this because your haste is quite a bit to high. With 3/3 netherwind presence and a ele sham/boomkin in your raid your haste % would put you at 43.936%, which is over a full 1% of haste away from gaining 1 additional tick on your combustion, and over 20% from getting 1 additional tick on your living bomb and pyro-dot. I would suggest dropping 1 point from netherwind presence and placing it into piercing ice, and then reforging some of your haste into crit rating. Aim to be at or around 37.5% haste raid buffed, with 2/3 netherwind presence this would mean 931 haste rating from gear.

WTB a Swizzle rating. also for Pixul, looks pretty solid except for that icky trinket. 9/10

Lol yea my trinket makes me cry blood.

Jankes - 8/10 - I say this because your haste is quite a bit to high. With 3/3 netherwind presence and a ele sham/boomkin in your raid your haste % would put you at 43.936%, which is over a full 1% of haste away from gaining 1 additional tick on your combustion, and over 20% from getting 1 additional tick on your living bomb and pyro-dot. I would suggest dropping 1 point from netherwind presence and placing it into piercing ice, and then reforging some of your haste into crit rating. Aim to be at or around 37.5% haste raid buffed, with 2/3 netherwind presence this would mean 931 haste rating from gear.

9/10, don't see anything wrong. Seems like you just need a bit more luck from ICC drops.

This isn't MMO-Champ, I'm just a regular cutey just like anyone else here.

Anyway, replace your Nightmare Ender and pick up the socket bonus in your leggings. Also, as has been stated, feel free to drop a 1% in haste for a gain in crit, since you already get the extra DoT ticks fully raid buffed.

Lastly, is Burning Legion on the same BG as Burning Blade? If so, how do you deal with the idiocy and terribleness that is Ragnaros?

This isn't MMO-Champ, I'm just a regular cutey just like anyone else here.

Anyway, replace your Nightmare Ender and pick up the socket bonus in your leggings. Also, as has been stated, feel free to drop a 1% in haste for a gain in crit, since you already get the extra DoT ticks fully raid buffed.

Lastly, is Burning Legion on the same BG as Burning Blade? If so, how do you deal with the idiocy and terribleness that is Ragnaros?

Your not even a regular cutey on mmo-champ ever since you told everyone mastery was awesome and they should reforge to mastery as fire and use FFB. Just sayin. :P
o.O

Don't want to derail this, but you can just tell me on MMO when I said that.
Very awesome gear swizzle!
Very awesome gear swizzle!

Nice gear dude.

And Swizz, don't argue with the dummy troll, he thinks you need 130 SP for PvP still.

OK BC LOL
o.O

it was near the release of 4.0... i also contacted you on your server during that week and you told me to aim for 45ish% from mastery and use FFB. DONT HIDE FROM YOUR LIES! :P
o.O

it was near the release of 4.0... i also contacted you on your server during that week and you told me to aim for 45ish% from mastery and use FFB. DONT HIDE FROM YOUR LIES! :P

Okay, not going to take this any further but I NEVER said that. If you're the guy who asked me about what Raikos said, what I told you was what I had since I played three specs at the time with only one gear set. What I said was keep your crit and haste up as much as you can add mastery since it doesn't matter much at this point in the game, just roll with what you like (no one expects me to say that for some reason). Anyway, if I misinformed you in any way for whatever reason...my bad bro.
Just turned 80 like a week and a half ago superhard to find groups for any raid. I even got denied for a Uld10 yesterday guess ill have to wait to 85 to really get geared.
Just turned 80 like a week and a half ago superhard to find groups for any raid. I even got denied for a Uld10 yesterday guess ill have to wait to 85 to really get geared.

Cata is so close I wouldn't even bother getting geared right now. Greens are easily going to replace the purples we have now, very quickly.
o.O

Okay, not going to take this any further but I NEVER said that. If you're the guy who asked me about what Raikos said, what I told you was what I had since I played three specs at the time with only one gear set. What I said was keep your crit and haste up as much as you can add mastery since it doesn't matter much at this point in the game, just roll with what you like (no one expects me to say that for some reason). Anyway, if I misinformed you in any way for whatever reason...my bad bro.

lol wish i had screenshotted it if i knew you were gonna lie to my face LOL
I'm still working on gear but want to see where i stand as far as gems/spec ect goes