WoW Performance Guide For Macs - Legion

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 8 9 10 17 Next
Anyone figure out the optimal settings for the new retina Macbook pros?
Yesterday my Mac mouse button stopped making my character run and steer. Went out and bought a new mouse. Called support and went over key bindings still no luck!!! HELP PLEASE!!

Lynn Marr
would love to see an update for this please
I found my command+q is disabled while in full screen now. Perhaps blizzard wants me to stay logged in.. hmmmm
Playing on a 2012 Macbook 13" base model w/ settings on good and my fps (capped at 35 iirc) is usually pretty good, but whenever I fly or phase into zones, especially Org, Shrine, and even Dal, I get about 20 seconds of my game essentially becoming a slideshow. Loading screens are equally painful, and can take up to 40 seconds. And let's not even talk about Sha. Have about 25 mb of addon usage, but that is recent and performance is essentially the same as when I was running with about 7 mb of usage a few days ago.

Some basic specs just in case anyone needed further detail
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

I've found my computer's speed gets a little backlogged after being on for a few days, and I also get noticeable sluggishness when I have a lot of open tabs in Chrome.

Any suggestions? I thought about going for 8 GB of RAM but I was under the impression that does little for in-game performance, with the cpu and graphics card being more effective.

Also, one last thing. Since around 5.1, I'm getting loading screens whenever I switch between fullscreen and windowed. The game used to just adjust to the new dimensions of the window. Is this intended?