Welcome to Warcraft - Frequent Questions

New Player Help and Guides
Prev 1 7 8 9 13 Next
I wanted to tell you thanks and how the thread is so helpful to me thanks!!!!!!
Hello All - I wanted to ask if Blizzard would PLEASE create a MAP (Blizzard Sanctioned) that I can purchase. They can be "printed" on demand and I want to purchase one. I select the level of detail ( Cities / Zones / Dungeons / Rare NPC / Etc ) and then it would print and ship. Great Money maker, and I want one to place on my wall, 48" x 48" would be nice. :) Any Blizz person, feel free to contact me. (PLEASE)

This is NOT the place for suggestions or requests from Blizzard. There are no blizzard employees here other than the moderators, and they just pop in when a thread/post has been reported. So you have exactly zero chance of being contacted by Blizzard.
Also, there is a Bradygames book for each expansion that is pretty helpful.
Where can I view who is leading in arena? 2's, 3's and so on..?
06/05/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Lukzia
Also, there is a Bradygames book for each expansion that is pretty helpful.

The published books for each expansion are many years out of date and better off as fire tinder than actual resources.

06/05/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Lukzia
Where can I view who is leading in arena? 2's, 3's and so on..?

Make a thread to ask a question instead of posting in the stickies.
This was an amazingly helpful thread, thank you so much to everyone who has taken time to answer questions and share information. I have just recently gotten back into WoW after being gone for a few years, and I have forgotten so much. I never understood glyphs, so the info in this post helped BIG TIME. I know I'll end up referring to this thread over and over. Thanks again, happy playing all. :)
08/06/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Lightfable
Can somebody send me a scroll of resurrection?

Wrong sticky.
Updated for 5.0.4 and MoP. Hopefully I didn't miss anything major; some wowhead links are tbd, so I'll come back through once they switch over things.
Delete all your Agents in your Battle.net folder and relaunch WoW to make the download work it's working for me as of now i am at 50%
deathknight
As everyone knows by now, I can't afford to buy the game...I have question for when I buy the game. When I buy the game through retail, do you have credit card screen for subscription. Because I don't have credit card information.
09/26/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Vicki
When I buy the game through retail, do you have credit card screen for subscription. Because I don't have credit card information.

The subscription CAN be paid with a credit or a debit card, but you can also use game-time cards.

Game time cards can be bought with cash at most stores that sell electronic games (gamestop, best buy, walmart, k-mart, Fry's, Fred Meyer, etc) basically if they have a decently sized gaming section, they'll have game time cards.
hello i am lvl 32 and i would like to buy a disk so i can play on other computers cause i have the digital copy if i get the disk will i be able to log in on my account
09/27/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Keidevon
hello i am lvl 32 and i would like to buy a disk so i can play on other computers cause i have the digital copy if i get the disk will i be able to log in on my account

Or you can just log into your battle.net account on those other computers and download the digital version from there, no need for a disk. The game software is free, you can download it on every computer in the world with net access if you really wanted to, and you could play your account from any one of them.
You should add heirloms, for the lower levels, new players may not know much about them, and may get owned in pvp with them not even knowing!
This seems to be a deadish thread but I will try anyway. I just recently started playing and had a few questions but found the answers to most. But I was wondering if it is possible for non hunters to catch pets. I have seen the list of ones you can get, but no info on how to get them. Also if it is only hunters.. I still have no idea how to catch them.
But I was wondering if it is possible for non hunters to catch pets. I have seen the list of ones you can get, but no info on how to get them. Also if it is only hunters.. I still have no idea how to catch them.

Next time you have a question, you should really make your own thread. As you've noted, the sticky threads are more of a communal reference for common questions than a live Q&A session.

As for your question:
You're going to have to explain what type of pets you are talking about, since there's 2 types of "capturable" pets in this game.

1.) Beasts you fight with your character that have the capability of killing you (like bears, boars, wolves, etc.) These can often be tamed by hunters to be used as a combat pet that will fight along side them and help them take out foes.

2.) Battle Pets, which are the cute little critters (frogs, toads, snakes, rabbits, rats, etc) you see wandering about the world that you can capture pokemon style with your currently owned critters.
Thanks for the info. I'm sure new players would like to be able to reference this info anyway. its a bit hard to find information on the mechanics of How to get them.