Druid leveling guide (updated for 6.0)

Druid
Prev 1 13 14 15 20 Next
Awesome guide just have 1 question, for feral is Attack Power good? I have a choice for a necklace with 14 agility and 15 Strength, or An enchanted one with 15 critical strike rating and 28 attack power.

Strength and agility give you Attack Power. So, getting something with just attack power basically just cuts out the middle-man. Attack Power is what increases your damage done. I didn't think they made pieces with that as a stat, but there must be some left-over itemization.

The 14 AGI + 15 STR is going to give you more than the 15 crit + 28 AP, I believe. In general, I'd go with the higher item-level one.
03/08/2011 7:03 AMPosted by Lissanna
Awesome guide just have 1 question, for feral is Attack Power good? I have a choice for a necklace with 14 agility and 15 Strength, or An enchanted one with 15 critical strike rating and 28 attack power.

Strength and agility give you Attack Power. So, getting something with just attack power basically just cuts out the middle-man. Attack Power is what increases your damage done. I didn't think they made pieces with that as a stat, but there must be some left-over itemization.

The 14 AGI + 15 STR is going to give you more than the 15 crit + 28 AP, I believe. In general, I'd go with the higher item-level one.

Ok thanks :D
Ok, I know this is gonna be a stupid question and I probably already know the answer...but...I have to make sure.

In the rotation where it says "TF"...is that "Tiger's Fury"? Yes..right?
Ok, I know this is gonna be a stupid question and I probably already know the answer...but...I have to make sure.

In the rotation where it says "TF"...is that "Tiger's Fury"? Yes..right?

Yeah, I think that's what it is referring to.

My low level druid is mostly spamming mangle a lot while leveling because I have on too many heirlooms.

I went through that section and changed everything to spell out the full words, since someone else wrote that section and I typically don't abbreviate spell abilities that way in my beginner guides (because it's hard to track abbreviations for so many words).
Ok great! Thank you very much for the clarification AND the great guide. You have done (and continue to do) an amazing job with it! :)
Go Liss!
This is a great guide and I like your website even more. In particular, your guide on how eclipse works should be linked directly in-game to anyone who chooses the balance talent tree! Seriously, thank you for going in-depth (and being clear) on something that is very non-intuitive.

Also, your guide to end-game druid healing was so clear and helpful it makes me want to roll a druid! I don't suppose you've seen anything like that for holy priests since Cata, perchance? :)

Thanks again for being one of the contributing members of the WoW community!
I don't suppose you've seen anything like that for holy priests since Cata, perchance? :)

A week later...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568013564
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1406593649
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/970017028
good one!
Just wondering about Maim? Is it a valid alternative to Ferocious Bite? Or should it ever even be used? I just turned 62 and am wondering if it is worth running all the way back to my trainer.
Anyone? Could really use some help with this.

thanks
NVM then. I guess I will just try to figure this out on my own. Thanks...I think
You only need maim when you need to stun things (like pvp). There's no point to using it on something near death, but could be helpful for soloing elites or things that hit hard.
Sigh. Yet another guide that thinks feral is better for leveling than balance.

Protip: Go moonkin. Get gear with lots of int. Stick in solar eclipse and lay both DoTs on everything that moves. Fight multiple mobs at once and always be moving. Win.
Sigh. Yet another guide that thinks feral is better for leveling than balance.

Protip: Go moonkin. Get gear with lots of int. Stick in solar eclipse and lay both DoTs on everything that moves. Fight multiple mobs at once and always be moving. Win.

They are actually getting rid of the ability to stay in Solar Eclipse in 4.2, so I'm not going to re-write the guide to put this in, since DOTs will push you out of Eclipse in 4.2.

Feral is the most consistently better over time (the first version of this guide was back in like 2006 or something like that) and feral is by far the most popular leveling spec overall (which I can track by the # of people who read my advice for feral vs balance leveling on my blog version).
One thing that really worked out well for me with this toon was to level it as feral until I got dual spec. At that point, I had been collecting resto/balance gear for a couple of levels, so, it was easy to dump feral and respec to resto for dungeons and dual spec to balance for questing. Feral is a lot of fun and easy to solo with. But, if you're planning on being a healer, it's a wee bit difficult to maintain a feral gear set and a bear set along with restoration set. And balance and restoration use basically the same set.
wow at some of the talent choices while leveling up. I mean brutal impact? really?.....zzz
I was drunk the other night didn't mean to come off rude, but I still don't agree with those talent choices, simply just not as optimal for leveling as others.