Haste Breakpoints in 5.4?

Warlock
I finally hit the 9,778 breakpoint this week & was wondering with the new patch approaching,
will the haste breakpoints scale up with the new patch or will there be another breakpoint added?
I hear that with the amplification trinket haste breakpoints are gonna be weird.

Good luck, though!

-newblock of badness
I hear that with the amplification trinket haste breakpoints are gonna be weird.

It's going to slightly affect gemming, enchanting and reforging since haste will be multiplied by 1.07 with the NM trinket, meaning a 320 Haste gem would be worth 342 Haste, but other than the hastebreaks, it's pretty much the same.

Good luck, though!

-newblock of badness

It's an equip effect, so breakpoints won't change.
Tl;dr 13737 will be the soft cap in 5.4 for aff and demo, you CAN go higher but it isn't as worth it (we think) as getting more mastery at that point. Also that number will be slightly less IF you have an amp trinket.

It will still be 13737, but if you have the trinket, you'll only need like 12603 Haste from your gear.
In Soviet Russia haste points break you.

If I have 13737 haste NOW and I get a 7% amp trinket, I can drop 7% worth of haste from my gems/enchants/reforging into mastery and still make my 13737 BP.

This is a stupid math-y technicality, and one of the reasons resilience works so weirdly, but you can actually only drop 6.6% worth of haste and still make the breakpoint. For convenience's sake, I've drawn up some of the common values (from gear) below for PBI

LFR: 13083
Flex: 12960
Normal/WF/Heroic: 12839
HWF: 12720
Great information guys, thanks. I look forward to getting that trinket.

Just to be clear, currently, at 9778 I have +2 ticks of Unstable Affliction, +3 ticks of Corruption, & +4 ticks on Agony. After the new patch I won't need to hit the 13,737 Haste cap just to maintain these ticks?
Great information guys, thanks. I look forward to getting that trinket.

Just to be clear, currently, at 9778 I have +2 ticks of Unstable Affliction, +3 ticks of Corruption, & +4 ticks on Agony. After the new patch I won't need to hit the 13,737 Haste cap just to maintain these ticks?

That's correct. Haste breakpoints will remain static unless the spells themselves change. That doesn't vary by patch.

The amplification trinket is a special case (not sure if the Goblin racial is the same way), because it provides a static change to your haste contribution from gear. Basically, you'll need less haste from your gear to have the same haste values on your character sheet. But make sure that you're hitting the breakpoints on your character sheet, this will not change.
I'm not sure I agree with the logic of staying at 13737 in 5.4. 16525 is possible in current gear if you want to. I've seen some warlocks do it, not sure if they were testing it, or if they're "doing it wrong" though since it sacrifices a lot of mastery.

I have been extremely interested in trying a heavy mastery build though, and comparing results, but considering I'm on the road over half of the week it's a bit of chore. My original guess was that getting to something around close to 20k haste would be best, and then stacking on mastery. Although it wasn't taking into consideration the static haste trinket.

In fact, since that trinket allows you to have less haste go further you'd think we'd want to maybe look into putting more haste in before stopping. Maybe not as close to 20k as I thought, but I'm a bit hard pressed to justify not going for at least the 16525 Agony breakpoint with the gear inflation we're going to see.