best pvp spec 5.4

Rogue
whats going to be the dominant rogue spec come 5.4?? im thinking its between assassination and combat what do u guys think?
subtlety
depend what you will play

Arenas i think combat will rule because of the monster KS (u can take down at least 1 guy with a single button)

on rgbs sublety maybe still better
but with the awesome dispatch buff assasination will be great too (vs plate will be excelent)
Arenas i think combat will rule because of the monster KS (u can take down at least 1 guy with a single button)

sounds like sooo much fun
depend what you will play

on rgbs sublety maybe still better
but with the awesome dispatch buff assasination will be great too (vs plate will be excelent)

KS Doesn't kill someone with one button. You have to build up insight (which is difficult for a class with poor mobility) and then stun them long enough to take advantage of POTW. That's quite a bit of buildup for a "one button kill".

Subtlety will fall behind IMO. It will still be viable and many will still probably use it because they fell in love with it in 5.1 and 5.2, but the piss poor damage outside of cooldowns makes it suffer even more considering Combat has better burst and assasination has already strong sustained which is only being buffed.
Assassination will be the better for everything. Combat needs more ramp up to be viable in arena. Once KS is done you are a wet noodle again.
all 3 will be pretty close, probably as close as they have been in a long while, play what you are good at / know and you should be fine. unless you are trash, then you might need to know which spec will crank out that xtra 2% damage
08/24/2013 06:11 PMPosted by Underjoy
Combat needs more ramp up to be viable in arena.
?=/

I'm guessing you mean sustain? Or... idk what else you could mean there. Combat most definitely doesn't need MORE ramp-up though. It's main problem is that it has too much ramp-up.
think he is referring to bandit's guile and insight building and that you both are saying the same thing. him: it takes to long to ramp up and so it isn't as viable, you : it has to much ramp up......
Go away FotM
I play combat and will continue to do so. I thought about going back to subtlety but I hate having to the positional requirements.
ive been playing combat and stacking haste and crit for a good long while,and i just wreck people..ill stay combat
so many rogues are going to be disappointed when they dont one shot any healer comps with killing spree nerf healerx

edit: on a serious note i'm probably going back sub from combat atm next patch with the sub buffs just cause i enjoy the spec but hate its current play style with rupture and all
All of them are looking viable, play what you want
Probably gonna roll Assassination if the numbers stay the same as they are on the PTR (645% weapon damage. Mmmmmmm).

That 'if' is a rather big one, though. Blizz buffed it that much was to compensate for the RPPM changes, not for PvP.
Within PvP, though, that's a different story. The bursty meta of today's PvP doesn't care about what classes do how much DPS in PvE due to trinket procs (the whole reason behind this buff), so a buff this big to an already powerful ability is probably going to draw some attention from GC.

I foresee a PvP nerf, much like Warlocks received to their Chaos Bolt after its fix.

Also:
Go away FotM

Lul. A Hunter calling a Rogue a FotM. Irony.jpeg.
Yet he is kinda correct. With this buff, we'll most likely be seeing many new Rogues in this patch wearing crafted PvP gear expecting to kill people in a Kidney.

To actually answer the OP:

All are decent come 5.4. Only difference is the player. The dominant spec will be the one used to its full potential.
Easy: Assassination
Medium: Combat
Hard: Subtlety
It doesn't really matter whats viable as a rogue if you can control 2 people at once in one spec you can do it in another
so many rogues are going to be disappointed when they dont one shot any healer comps with killing spree nerf healerx

what killing spree nerf? not on any notes as of yet
Subtlety, just like always.
Assassination just recently became viable for pvp in mop, but rogues that know how to sub know why the answer is always sub.
Good combat rogues have been hitting killing spree on their intended target, and only the intended target with well placed skill shots since the skill was added. Only change will be seeing scrubs land it too. It doesn't make up for a huge lack of sustained.

Subtlety

Also:
Go away FotM
08/26/2013 05:47 PMPosted by Ryck

what killing spree nerf? not on any notes as of yet
I think there was supposed to be a period here:
...spree. Nerf...
Sub hands down with an upper-hand for mutilate when target is at 30% or lower hp. Just tried ptr in full new gear and in tyr, both provide sub with better control, dmg whereas mutilate is still clunky.