Pandaren Paladin

Paladin
08/31/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Kaskarum
Thankfully $50 wouldn't cover the countless hours of work it would take to integrate undead paladins or pandaren druids.

Ok, just undead paladins then. ;D

Go jump off a cliff or something. Undead paladins are the worst idea anybody has ever had in this game.
Fluffy paladins!!!!!
Simply liking a race isn't justification to change a major part of their culture.

In the case of pandaren, they'd have to completely ignore several thousand years of rich heritage and teachings that value balance in all things, especially within themselves, and submit completely to the will of the Holy Light, a concept which is probably really abstract to them in the first place.

Pandaren may make excellent priests because they can understand the balance between Light and Shadow. Priests don't commit to just one or the other, they utilize both. This is in-line with pandaren values. Paladins, on the other hand, commit themselves exclusively to the Light. They don't aim for balance because for them, there is nothing to balance. There is only one truth. Do you see why this might be problematic for the pandaren?

This is why, right here. As much as you think it would be cool it goes against their teachings completely. People say, "But they can be priests, and priests use holy magic!" What he said above, is spot on. They can be priests because they maintain a yin and yang balance of light and shadow.
The Pandaren would suit being druids far more than a paladin. I don't even understand how people can make these leaps with class/race combinations. o.O Undead paladins would be a big leap, too. I feel that, just like using their inner power of Chi, Pandaren could become one with nature (Pandaren meditating, anyone?), and then use nature to become the physical embodiments of certain druidic forms we all love.
The Pandaren would suit being druids far more than a paladin. I don't even understand how people can make these leaps with class/race combinations. o.O Undead paladins would be a big leap, too. I feel that, just like using their inner power of Chi, Pandaren could become one with nature (Pandaren meditating, anyone?), and then use nature to become the physical embodiments of certain druidic forms we all love.

It's much more likely for pandaren to become druids than paladins, but they would have to spend time (years) learning from experienced druids first since druidism does not come naturally (not meant to be a pun).
No. Not even a little bit. Ever. Druid pandaren I can see.

Undead paladins are the worst idea anybody has ever had in this game.

NPC undead paladins* are already in the game, in Icecrown.
Go jump off a cliff or something. Undead paladins are the worst idea anybody has ever had in this game.

You'll think about this again when you use turn evil and most people are undead and will break right out of it using undead racial and still have trinket for your stun
Don't care how mean you all are, I still want undead paladins woot woot.

Deal with it.
Don't care how mean you all are, I still want undead paladins woot woot.

Deal with it.

:) We don't have to deal with it because Undead Paladins won't (and shouldn't) be playable.
Am I the only one that wants a Pandaren Paladin? I hope not, I may try and start a movement with the idea, and try and get Blizz to make it available.

Yes you are the only one that wants Pandaren Paladins.

Night Elf Paladins > Pandaren Paladins
I don't know about the Horde version of the initial Pandaren "meet the emperor" quest. However in the Alliance version, you pass a Human and a Draenei Paladin pair on the steps up to the keep. Your companion Jojo Ironbrow comments "what's the Light?" Sorta says it all really. They (the pandas) have a lot of catching up to do, to even get to where, say, the Night Elves are.

Gnomes have probably had the most exposure to Paladins of the remaining (non-Paladin) Alliance races, due to their proximity to the midgets, erhm, Dwarves. Then probably Worgen as psuedo-humans, then the Night Elves who are separated by a pretty big ocean.
Goblins perhaps????.....No? ok :( Panda it is.
I am a fan of some racial/class exclusivity in-game.

Humans, dwarves, & draenei all have lore based links to the Light.
Gnomes are too fickle to be that devoted, Night elves are too aloof, worgen are unable to channel the light due to the curse.

Blood elves being pallies works for me lore wise, Tauren do not, and there is no way in hell a forsaken should be a pally.

Pandas are, as previously stated, to focused on balance in all things to be pallies.
The Pandaren are far too proud to accept another order of protectors. The Shado-Pan guard all of Pandaria, and the Golden Lotus keeps the Vale of Eternal Blossoms pristine. They do not seek to overcome their flaws, they hide and bury them. Their hearts are not open to the Light
I'm not okay with this.
Being a Paladin requires a certain degree of personal fitness and constitutional fortitude.
Glutinous fatasses need not apply.
I'm not okay with this.
Being a Paladin requires a certain degree of personal fitness and constitutional fortitude.
Glutinous fatasses need not apply.

But alcoholic midgets are OK?
I don't think pandas would fit in our bubbles.

Hahahahaha I laughed
Tauren paladins are terrible enough, no more silly ugly races as paladins.