Holy Shock/Harsh Words macro help

Paladin
I have a mouseover macro that lets me heal with them but I can't attack enemies, the spell is just used to heal myself when I try that. My holy shock macro for example

#showtooltip Holy Shock
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@player] Holy Shock

Is it possible to set the macro up so that if I am targeting an enemy, holy shock and harsh words will be used on them, but if I mouse over an ally while STILL targeting an enemy, it will heal the ally I am mousing over? Or will I just have to assign the heal mouse over to one keybind and the attack to another?
I'm interested in the answer to this. Try the macro forums, if you haven't already.
I didn't know there was a forum section for that, I'll try there thank you.
Because you have the conditional help in both parts of the macro, it will never cast on a hostile target.

Just removing help will make it so that whatever you mouseover, hostile or not, it will cast on that target, but that and the second part of the macro will mean it will never specifically cast on you, unless you have nothing at all targeted.. which is what it would do anyway, making the third part not needed/not useful.
What if he kept the help in the first part, but dropped it from the second? Then would it heal the mouseover target only if it was friendly, otherwise the main target, and himself only if he had no main target?

At least, I think that's what he wanted in the first place...

P.S. Why are these glyphs at all? No healer is great at DPS, but I don't think any other relies on burning glyph slots to access the minimal level of DPS functionality they DO get. Holy shock glyph is particularly bad because you can actually stab your group in the back just by forgetting to remove it -- for that reason, I'm reluctant to use it at all. At least harsh words is "only" a complete waste of a glyph slot in group content. Healer soloing is bad enough without forcing reglyphing every time you enter or leave a group...
What if he kept the help in the first part, but dropped it from the second? Then would it heal the mouseover target only if it was friendly, otherwise the main target, and himself only if he had no main target?

At least, I think that's what he wanted in the first place...

P.S. Why are these glyphs at all? No healer is great at DPS, but I don't think any other relies on burning glyph slots to access the minimal level of DPS functionality they DO get. Holy shock glyph is particularly bad because you can actually stab your group in the back just by forgetting to remove it -- for that reason, I'm reluctant to use it at all. At least harsh words is "only" a complete waste of a glyph slot in group content. Healer soloing is bad enough without forcing reglyphing every time you enter or leave a group...

The macro I got from the other thread does exactly that.

just need to change one word

[@mouseover,help,nodead][exists,nodead][@player]

As for why I have these glyphs, I'm just playing for fun and I really like this. I don't do any serious business PVP or raiding, so I can get away with it.
BTW, unless you're pressed for mana, Denounce does better DPS than Harsh Words, so there's really no reason for Holy to use it. Plus, that lets you pick up Eternal Flame.
As for why I have these glyphs, I'm just playing for fun and I really like this. I don't do any serious business PVP or raiding, so I can get away with it.

Sorry, I wasn't asking why you *had* the glyphs, I was asking why they *are* glyphs in the first place rather than being baseline functionality. Resto Druids don't need a glyph to shift into Cat Form, Shamans don't need a glyph to Lightning Bolt, etc.

I just feel like it doesn't make sense to expect a healer to spend glyph slots on doing more damage, unless it's deliberately designed as a DPS healer like Disc or MW.

BTW, unless you're pressed for mana, Denounce does better DPS than Harsh Words, so there's really no reason for Holy to use it. Plus, that lets you pick up Eternal Flame.

Maybe you're right, but it just feels odd to have no use for Holy Power *at all* when soloing. Maybe that's just a low level thing though, and later on I'll actually want frequent WoG/EF on myself to stay up.

I don't really agree this this. Denounce must be casted and if you are getting hit , which one roots you and also can cause spell push back or even worse get spell locked. Denounce might do better DPS then harsh words but its negligible.

Sacred shield is also getting a nice buff and is going to be a viable alternative to Eternal Flame.
Just to be clear, you want this to cast Holy Shock and then Word of Glory (Harsh Words) at an enemy target in that order, but if you have a friendly mouseover it casts Holy Shock and Word of Glory on the friendly?

What do you want it to do when you have no target?
How about when your target is friendly?

I'm pretty good at writing macros, just clarifying before I write one up for you.