Str vs Mastery

Paladin
Post Limit:
Since Might gives a static mastery buff, and Kings is percentage based, is there going to be a point where the strength gained from Kings is going to outshine the Mastery we get from might? This is not taking other buffs into account, just for self buffing purposes.
At my ilevel I get 850ish str, so I can imagine heroic thunderforged geared players get a decent chunk more. Now with new gear coming from SoO bringing our str up even higher, will the 5% become more valuable then the 3k mastery?
Has anyone done any sort of number crunching on this?
Mastery also indirectly scales from strength, since it's essentially a %weapon damage. The more strength you have, the higher your weapon damage, the higher damage the same % of mastery gives you.
I think the point where kings > might is about 30,000 strength. So we've got a ways to go.
Mastery also indirectly scales from strength, since it's essentially a %weapon damage. The more strength you have, the higher your weapon damage, the higher damage the same % of mastery gives you.

A fair point, i hadnt thought of that.

I think the point where kings > might is about 30,000 strength. So we've got a ways to go.

True enough. I thought i recalled seeing somewhere the exact stat weight of str equal to mastery, i just couldnt find it again, as in how much str equals this amount of mastery etc.
Mastery's relative weight seems to consistently rise as gear improves - .3ish was typical earlier when I was in blues, but now it sims at .5 or higher. (Part of that should be attributed to the Sword of Light buffs, but still.) So at that .5, 3000 mastery is worth 1500 strength, which means you'd need 30k strength for Kings to be better, as Jitka says - and that weight may be even higher in t16 gear.

I'm not sure how to average strength procs into that, though. I have <20k strength unbuffed, but various procs and GoAK significantly raise that while active.
I'm not sure how to average strength procs into that, though. I have <20k strength unbuffed, but various procs and GoAK significantly raise that while active.
When using tools such as simC to generate stat weights, they're already accounting for buffs, procs and cds. So there's no need for you to factor procs into your decision.
I mean I'm not sure how to average strength procs into the "required strength" threshold. The threshold itself is based on the stat weight, which as you say already accounts for procs.

As an alternate approach, you can just sim yourself with only Might, and then with only Kings, and see which comes out higher. Last time I tried this, the results were basically identical.
When soloing ? I would think mastery would always be better. In a raid environment, when you have food and flasks bumping strength even higher, well it should not matter because more then likely you will have one or the other covered anyway.
Kings has never been a better buff in terms of dps. Might has always been the better option for increasing damage.
Regardless of their actual DPS values, I end up using kings when soloing anyway. Besides damage, it boosts your healing and gives some parry. Plus you're almost never going to go through a full rotation anyway, so might as well buff all of your damage instead of just the few that work on mastery.