Question about new forums and fake sigs

General Discussion
Hello!

Quick question: would it be against the new forums' CoC to add a signature at the end of our posts regardless? Something short, as seen below?

By the way, love what you guys have done with the new place <3

I have in the past linked to security news only because people are forced into reading it, if even one person patches their Adobe Flash and Shockwave installs then I have done my part.
I wonder if promoting external websites is a no-go here, though... On the old forums I saw people with links to blogs, guild websites, DeviantART profiles etc. and they weren't actioned as far as I know.
I certainly hope not, or I'll have to stop pimping my Appearance Tab gallery.
Bump.

How come this got bounced over to General? >_>
I don't think you would be actioned. As long as they don't like to a business site, or a malicious site, or a NSFW site. Just like before.

Posting links to antivirus software, antimalware, or general account securing info is something I have seen a ton of people do, and I don't think they would ever get on you for that.
I would assume that it would be fine to do that, assuming you don't put anything that violates the forum CoC in it.
Hello!

Quick question: would it be against the new forums' CoC to add a signature at the end of our posts regardless? Something short, as seen below?

By the way, love what you guys have done with the new place <3

Your name (on the left side) is quite clear enough that there's no need for a signature.

Just because some guy thought it was cool to create a "signature" feature in some random forum software package doesn't mean it was a good idea.
I kinda miss my signature. It's not all that important, granted, but I liked mine. And I liked reading other people's sigs and wondering what exactly that said about them.

All things considered, I'll take the new forums without sigs over the old ones with them. But I do miss them a bit.
yah, i would love to get the sig feature back. they always made me laugh =)