A resource for every hunter...

Hunter
Post Limit:
I don't know if any of you have heard of him, but arguably the best hunter in the game is Kripparian of Exodus. This gracious fellow ranks near the tops of all H ICC logs and spreads his wealth of knowledge with the general community.

I'd urge you to check out his youtube channel and follow his stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kripparrian

Truly an indispensable resource that I figured I'd share.

Happy hunting.
Just subscribed.
He has a youtube channel. That makes him the best Hunter in the game.
He helped me out greatly pre 4.0. He still has some good stuff for the newest patch, it is just taking me a while to get used to it. Very nice resource to use though.
Ok, I'm a little confused. I'm getting conflicting information from my two favorite sources.
Frostheim of WHU says that haste is the lowest priority stat, and that it should be reforged to mastery.
On the other hand, Kripparrian says that haste is worth more than crit, and that crit should be reforged to mastery.

Is there a third party I can check this information against?
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981608935#5
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981608935#5

Ah, there's Zeherah's answer. That gives me four sources, I just checked Elitist jerks.
And of course, Zeherah's is the most comprehensive answer. =)
Frostheim of WHU
ahahahahahahaha
but arguably the best hunter in the game is Kripparian of Exodus.

Very arguably. Helpful, yes. Best in game? No.
but arguably the best hunter in the game is Kripparian of Exodus.

Very arguably. Helpful, yes. Best in game? No.

Who is it then?
best hunter in the game is Kripparian of Exodus.

/facepalm
Kripp has logged the most #1 Parses, I don't know how else to measure who's the best?

That's not actually true. If we're measuring best by parses the clear winner is Moccoco of For the Horde. Kripparrian isn't even top 10 when it comes to parses. Please research your facts before you spout out random bull%!##.

And before you even ask: Yes, I am perfectly qualified to make this assertion. If we're going by parses I am ranked higher than him on nearly every single fight that matters in ICC. HE IS NOT AS GOOD AS EVERYONE THINKS HE IS. Is he a good hunter? Yes. Is he the BEST hunter? No.
Kripp has logged the most #1 Parses, I don't know how else to measure who's the best?

That's not actually true. If we're measuring best by parses the clear winner is Moccoco of For the Horde. Kripparrian isn't even top 10 when it comes to parses. Please research your facts before you spout out random bull%!##.

And before you even ask: Yes, I am perfectly qualified to make this assertion. If we're going by parses I am ranked higher than him on nearly every single fight that matters in ICC. HE IS NOT AS GOOD AS EVERYONE THINKS HE IS. Is he a good hunter? Yes. Is he the BEST hunter? No.
Amen.
Of course, something else needs to be said about being the best hunter and giving the best hunter advice.

These do not necessarily go hand-in-hand.

Actually he has the most #1 rank parses on WorldOfKripparrian

lol
Well the point of my post was clearly missed. I did not intend to "spout off random bull$#!^", I was merely sharing a resource that I found helpful. Your right, how dare I.
Thanks for the link. He makes good videos and is clear/concise when he speaks.
Looking at top parses for hunters is normally invalid information. Many of these parse information gathered is under very specific circumstances and will never reflect the general population of hunters.

Either way, you can take his advice how you wish to. Some of its good, some is bad IMO. I myself did learn something about the /cast !Auto Shot macro. I never seen the "!" before and had no clue what it did. Though I am fairly good at not moving when Auto Shot was about to finish, I still miss it sometimes and think this will add a bit of DPS for me.

Note that the MM spec he says is the best is not the one he logged out in last.

For one, a starting shot rotation can be different for each hunter. Multiple hunters should change when MD is used and therfor change the best time to burst.
Two, Chimera no longer gains a damage bonus from Chimera, useing it immidietly following Serpent Sting is pointless. You just used 25 focus for maybe one tick of Serpent Sting.
Though Serpent Sting is important to overall damage output, it should now be following your first Chimera, not before it. This is for both lvl 80 and lvl 85 unless the damage bonus is returned over a junk tiny heal.

There are just so many variables on damage output that there is still so much testing that needs to be done and really not enough time to do it at lvl 80. So every hunter needs to figure out what works best for them, find out what your confortable doing.

I have been starting with Arcane X 3 for a decent amount of threat to put up for Misdirect. Follow this up with Rapid Fire and have enough Focus to use Chimera. After this point, Readiness (if I remember) - Steady Shot X 2 - Serpent Sting. I just go into a normal Priority system at this point with Imp Steady - Chimera, and Arcane when focus is getting high.

I won't claim to be the best hunter and have no one that will claim that for me, I don't have all heroic 25 man gear, so I geuss explaining why the "best" hunter is wrong will go unheard and ignored.
Kripp is actually a pretty friendly guy. I talked to him a bit on one of my Ysondre alts, and he was pretty patient with me, and answered all my questions.

It's important to note a few things:

1.) He makes videos that serve a purpose
2.) He speaks clearly, and explains thoroughly, without rambling.
3.) He is a good hunter. Probably not the best, but very good.

The above reasons are actually why I like Ciderhelm so much as well (tankspot, for those of you not in the know). If I ask a simple question, I'd like a simple answer that I can understand, and he provides that. However, to take his word as law is foolhardy.

His videos are a great resource but, as with any other resource, you should only consider the information presented while you do your own testing.