Rogues!

Hunter
Just getting into PvP a bit on this guy for something to do before Cata. I'm finding I'm especially susceptible to stun locks (mostly due to my terrible gear). Do we have anything that helps us survive while stunned that I've overlooked?
Posting though in fear of seeing nerf. On the other hand, I typically kept this on in PvP anyways so no matter to me.

Track Hidden allows you to see stealthed players at a little extra distance. Its not much for distance, but its more then without it. With being able to track multiple things, might as well make sure its on. It may give you that fraction of a moment to react to a rogue/druid.
Sometimes dropping a snake trap then feigning death helps to confuse em
usually just disengage and keep them at range best, intimidate when u need and only use deterrence when being stunlocked/ poisoned to get out of their melee range
At this point the only thing you have to reliably break stuns, is the PvP trinket. They changed The Beast Within to only increase your damage, and reduce focus costs. While your pet is still CC immune, it doesn't break or make you immune to CC effects anymore. And yes, I have tested this (and it's not in the tool tip either, so read it again before you say I'm wrong).
At this point the only thing you have to reliably break stuns, is the PvP trinket. They changed The Beast Within to only increase your damage, and reduce focus costs. While your pet is still CC immune, it doesn't break or make you immune to CC effects anymore. And yes, I have tested this (and it's not in the tool tip either, so read it again before you say I'm wrong).

As far as i have seen BW does not do anything to get the hunter out of cc I agree, now the pet seems buggy also. For instance I tried a few duels a rogue, a priest, a lock..the rogue locked down pet..the spriest blew the aoe fear thing they do and i could not pop BW on pet to break it on him he died in the course of a fear...

next had the lock do the howl fear this is the funny part, while we were feared I popped BW pet popped out of course i didnt but it worked then on pet. I think its bugged in how its working.

Sorry for the long post but I think as BM with spirit beast..I am seeking one myself...put pet on aggressive in stealth keep that flare up, and toss out 3 traps around you in a circle at the edge of flare. All the while keeping tracking up. This can be done with a cat, but the spirit beast gives a heal you will need if that rogue gets you down. And another thing keep an eye on the traps, one way to know you are about to get hit, is to see that trap go out.

Also I only have pet on aggressive when im on flag/ node duty..it can get your pet killed in an open fight zone, you have to control it.
TBW will break a CC now, but can not prevent a CC. I do believe that it's bugged.

Concussive shot is much easier to use now, so kiting rogues should be easy, and every spec has scatter shot.
Running with a cunning or tenacity pet specced into roar of sacrifice helps keep the damage down during the opener. Save scatter for ShS if they're sub. Concussive+ glyph means you can kite almost indefinitely IF you can get away. Survive the opener and save your trinket for blind and you'll be fine.
Sorry for the long post but I think as BM with spirit beast..I am seeking one myself...put pet on aggressive in stealth keep that flare up, and toss out 3 traps around you in a circle at the edge of flare. All the while keeping tracking up

Do NOT pre trap, any rogue with half a brain is going to disarms them. If you're going to do it put down snake trap, just so you can see -if- it gets disarmed. If it does, then congratulations you have a rogue within 20 yards of you.
Sorry for the long post but I think as BM with spirit beast..I am seeking one myself...put pet on aggressive in stealth keep that flare up, and toss out 3 traps around you in a circle at the edge of flare. All the while keeping tracking up

Do NOT pre trap, any rogue with half a brain is going to disarms them. If you're going to do it put down snake trap, just so you can see -if- it gets disarmed. If it does, then congratulations you have a rogue within 20 yards of you.

I think you underestimate the number of rogues with half a brain lol...no but seriously he is prob right I just have the luck of getting dumb rogues in BG's. Of course that will all change in Cata with premades and rated.
Intervene Cheap Shot if you're using a Tenacity pet, you can also keep some distance, put him on aggressive and charge when he opens. If charge was working that is =(

Hide the trap.
Fight in the bushes ;)
Beast within does break some ccs maybe even stuns cant remember as its almost always on cd for burst.
Get a Pvp Trinket to break CC or Try to use Masters' Call the quicker you break his opener and create a gap the better off you are , and some rogues are just going to flat out whoop your butt.
Deleted the comment but not the thread.

GJ mods.
Hey leo didnt expect to see you here.
I like to hang from the rafters and occasionally hurl sass at passing forum goers below.

Sup?