[Help] Performance Issues

Technical Support
I put together a new PC within the last couple months, and it's more than capable of running WoW. When comparing my settings against those of friends and guildmates, my settings are low for the performance I'm getting.
I'm currently running on "Good" settings, as recommended by the game client. The only applications running in addition to WoW are FireFox, Ventrilo, and the background service for Avast antivirus (no active scans, I've disabled scheduled scanning in favor of manual and screensaver scanning).
Despite the game's reported high framerates, the game seems to run choppy. I notice the screen updating at intervals that are fractions of a second apart. It's just enough to cause annoyance. I know that there have been reports of framerate drops when rapidly changing the camera angle, but this is different. I've opted to enable Vertical Synch and Triple Buffering to return fluid gameplay, accepting the 60 FPS cap.
I've tried running the game with and without addons, but the only noticeable affect they have is a slightly longer load time when entering the game or changing continents/instances.
This may sound a bit like nit-picking, but the hardware I have should be capable of much more.
I have checked the available suggestions and compared all of my video settings, but continue to have performance issues.
Hardware:
Motherboard: MSI P55-GD85
Processor: Intel Core I5 750 2.66
Cooling Unit: Cooler Master Hyper 212
Memory: 4GB (2Gx2) Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Graphics Card: Sapphire Vapor-X HD5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCIE 2.0
Power Supply: Corsair HX750
DxDiag: http://www.mediafire.com/?76fmkvaya4kcko6
I uploaded the DxDiag info to save on the thread length and avoid a character limit. Let me know if you need it posted within the thread.
You have quite a large monitor for a 5750. Have you tried smaller resolutions or the -d3d11 mode to see what happens?
Where are you getting your updated video drivers from? Sapphire usually releases modified video drivers for their hardware. I would check and see if there are any such drivers by visiting their website.
Hi there, Taira. I've noticed similar issues when my clock speeds fluctuate from 400 MHz to their standard speed. When playing games, I've found it best to force my clock speeds and voltages to stay at the same level.

I have a post about this in the old User Tips and Tricks guide:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11855820803&sid=1&pageNo=7#126

You can try this yourself. At worst, you'll make your system unstable by putting in incorrect values and it will be resolved on a system restart. I've attempted this on some various ATI/AMD 5xxx cards and it's yielded very good results.

Just note that if this does work that you'll have to force the clocks every system restart. It's a minor inconvenience, but the consistent performance is worth it.

*EDIT
Feel free to try changing the gxTextureCacheSize value as well. If you're using D3D9, manually setting a number can sometimes yield far smoother framerates than allowing the game to do it all on its own. A good value for you would be in the 700-800 range.

Try out D3D11 as well. Just note that some players experience a level of FPS drops upon turning the camera using that APi.
I'm trying the D3D11 now. It has boosted the client's recommendation to High, up from Good.

I thought that the 5750 would be sufficient. Are you able to provide any links to help me better understand the requirements for the resolution I'm running?

-Edit-
I was able to find a working mirror for the Sapphire drivers. I'll give them a go as well.

-Edit-
I was able to find a working mirror for the Sapphire drivers. I'll give them a go as well.

I'd give the Catalyst 10.10 drivers a whirl first. :)

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-32.aspx
Those are what I was using, Kodiack.
Those are what I was using, Kodiack.

Your driver time stamp led me to believe you were using Catalyst 10.9:

Driver Date/Size: 9/28/2010 21:55:02, 536576 bytes

My driver time stamp is 10/26. I'm using 10.10c for some CrossFire hotfixes, though, so that probably threw me off.
I checked my download history to be sure. I downloaded 10-10 on the 24th, two days after they were available for download. It seems ATI didn't update the driver in their latest release.
I haven't been able to put a decent strain on things yet; I have a raid to do later, and will see if I run into any issues. So far, I think the D3D11 is helping. I've taken off the vertical sync and triple buffering, and haven't had any real issues outside of what I've attributed to memory handling by the game client (known issue with turning).
Currently running settings at High.
Again, any links to help me understand why the 5750 is small for my resolution would be appreciated.
After playing for a bit, I'm not up to 100% but things are running smoother than they were previously - and at a higher quality.
DX9 API is rather inefficient for starters and with the game being intentionally coded to be CPU bound, running at resolutions such as 1920x1080 is a bit more difficult. When you switch to the DX11 API, you remove the bottlenecks created by the DX9 API and force more of the graphics work onto the graphics card. Now, for the DX11 API, your HD5750 is lacking slightly due to one of the same limitations it experiences with the DX9 API. The 128bit memory subsystem actually degrades in performance with larger amounts of memory. The GPU (graphics processor) itself is capable of doing the work, but it's bottlenecked by the memory bus. So, it basically ends up working like this:

DX9 = Faster CPU/Faster graphics card
DX11 = Faster GPU/Vram/CPU
Would setting up another 5750 in Crossfire help with the issue, or am I still going to be bottlenecked by the 128bit bus?

-Edit-
Bit of a brainfart there. Each card having its own 128bit bus seems pretty obvious.