Rets too Vulnerable to Dispel Mechanics

Paladin
Getting wings spell stolen or dispelled really depresses me , I wish they would have at least left the talent in that increased out resistance to dispels by 30% or make it 50% even.

I don't care about duels but it's really annoying in BG's.
Getting wings spell stolen or dispelled really depresses me , I wish they would have at least left the talent in that increased out resistance to dispels by 30% or make it 50% even.
I don't care about duels but it's really annoying in BG's.

Its not as horrific in BGs cause you can use your allies to your advantage and use them as meat shields while u stand back like an opportunist and jump the most vulnerable turd. I can beat mages quickly easily when they are preoccupied by that hunter shooting them in the face as well.

No one finds the bold just sad? The Paladin not a meat shield?

edit: I would love to see either Hand of Freedom off the dispell list or LotL become a snare break like improved sprint is.
I think so too. Specially these days when dispels are so cheap and easy to spam.
Don't do it, Shield Slam is the funniest ability I have when fighting a Pally.

It's either or in my opinion. Either makes us a lot less snare-bait or makes us less dispel-bait, with the silencing and disarm issue, ret pvp isn't in a good place.
Personally, I do think ret and prot pallies do need to be less vulnerable to dispel mechanics since they can't dispell magic debuffs off themselves anymore.
That's why I quit PvP long time ago.
Play defensive, 1point glory heals, and have eye for an eye.

That takes care of mages.

being an engineer helps too.

Worst mage in the world you must've fought. Any good mage kills in a deep freeze into cover silence. If it fails reset for 30 seconds. Easiness

this indeed works most of the time, except that it won't work for very long probably. the beta patch notes indicate that protector of the innocent's effect wont work on heals cast on yourself. and also, being a dps spec and having to play defensive to even stand a chance? something is wrong here.

PVP isn't about being "DPS" you got to play to your toolset not to your pve role.

this indeed works most of the time, except that it won't work for very long probably. the beta patch notes indicate that protector of the innocent's effect wont work on heals cast on yourself. and also, being a dps spec and having to play defensive to even stand a chance? something is wrong here.

PVP isn't about being "DPS" you got to play to your toolset not to your pve role.

ok, so you're saying it is normal for a ret paladin to have more healing than damage done. what a genius, lmfao.

It's normal to do what the situation calls for.

This. As a hybrid you have the ability to heal/protect yourself and others. The paladin class is very proactive when it comes to supporting teammates. As rets our main job is damage, sure, but sometimes using that 3HP to heal a friend instead of hitting TV can mean the difference between winning and losing a fight. I've also saved tanks PVE this way but we're talking PVP here.

There's been numerous times where I've been top horde heals in a BG as ret (which is as pathetic as it is amusing lol). You need to use ALL of your tools to be an effective player in pvp.

What's broken about dispel classes is they only need to use 1-2 of their abilities to severely hamper us.

This. As a hybrid you have the ability to heal/protect yourself and others. The paladin class is very proactive when it comes to supporting teammates. As rets our main job is damage, sure, but sometimes using that 3HP to heal a friend instead of hitting TV can mean the difference between winning and losing a fight. I've also saved tanks PVE this way but we're talking PVP here.

There's been numerous times where I've been top horde heals in a BG as ret (which is as pathetic as it is amusing lol). You need to use ALL of your tools to be an effective player in pvp.

What's broken about dispel classes is they only need to use 1-2 of their abilities to severely hamper us.

oook. looks like we have another unexperienced player talking here. if you actually played ret and actually won a few fights , ull have way more healing to do than the amount of damage you will deal, hence why the spec and class is just totally not working right. a dps spec should be able to keep pressure on a target and DEAL DAMAGE, not try to outlast their opponents.
Have we been playing the same ret class? that's only been true in WOTLK.

If you're having issues with the new ret you might want to look into guides and friends who play as well. When I spec ret, I can burst and kill a person down, it has a higher skillcap than before, alot higher.

Except that Blizzard has said that they want us to be less defensive, which we aren't if we have to waste all of our holy power on word of glorys to keep ourselves alive. A better solution would be to give offensive dispels either a 1.5-2 second cast time or a 10-15 second cooldown.