Outdated Prot Guide, Please remove.

Warrior
Prev 1 4 5 6 34 Next
I like how people don't believe some of the stuff Dellingr is saying.

Pretty sure when you're that geared and have a bunch of server first+LoD whatever you say is right, because, you know, you know how to play the *##*ing game.

God damn.

Not always true. I don't mind being questioned, and high end raiders can be wrong. Seeing the same question as 10 replies ago though.. that can get a little annoying sometimes. ;)

Pretty sure when you're that geared and have a bunch of server first+LoD whatever you say is right, because, you know, you know how to play the *##*ing game.

God damn.

Deeeep breaths. Relax. Pardon me for not blindly believing everything I see on the internet with nothing to back it up.

Edit: There is something to back it up, it just wasn't shown at first.

God damn.

Deeeep breaths. Relax. Pardon me for not blindly believing everything I see on the internet with nothing to back it up.

Edit: There is something to back it up, it just wasn't shown at first.

One would assume experience alone backs it up.

God damn.

Kungen is proof against that whole statement

You would assume that. I would not. Let's just agree to disagree, and move on.

God damn.

Kungen is proof against that whole statement

He is european.

Let's not even open that can of worms.

Should not assume that. I can vouch for Dell that he knows what he's talking about(and the druid forums can vouch for me), but to immediately assume we're always correct based on our progression is silly.

I've had a fair number of flaws pointed out since writing my Cataclysm tanking guide and people do question my choices. I've also seen higher-up bears have attrocious specs and post incredibly false guides, but because their progression standing was so ridiculously good, they were believed.

Experience helps us pull our weight, but it isn't the deciding factor on our credibility. Research, hard work, and dedication are.

Part of this comes from me almost applying to your guild ages ago on my main.

At that time you guys were(are?) still the top guild on your server.

Etc. etc.
As an aside to Sandbox: The reason I'm not using citations and showing all the math behind everything is that this obviously isn't directed mainly at people who want to follow along and see all the math behind every decision; they generally have a firm enough grasp on mechanics that they don't particularly need a guide of this type. I find mostly just showing the conclusions is far less intimidating to newer players to the game/class as well as people who prefer to seat of the pants play, and is more likely to have them not run away screaming.
As an aside to Sandbox: The reason I'm not using citations and showing all the math behind everything is that this obviously isn't directed mainly at people who want to follow along and see all the math behind every decision; they generally have a firm enough grasp on mechanics that they don't particularly need a guide of this type. I find mostly just showing the conclusions is far less intimidating to newer players to the game/class as well as people who prefer to seat of the pants play, and is more likely to have them not run away screaming.

Fair enough. I hadn't really thought about it from that perspective. I read it as an established warrior coming in, which is apparently not your target audience.

Most warriors that care about the math will take the time to read the comments and all will be well. I gotta say, It's really annoying that they aren't stickying anything right now.

And let's not forget that Jathine hasn't given a spreadsheet link. :P

True, true. I would definitely like to see it.
Obviously there might be a couple little things established warriors can pick up (not knowing about the rend changes, potentially not knowing new stat weights, etc.) If people really want to know details behind why I'm saying what I am, I have no issue going over why. Hopefully that is obvious at this point. ;)

And let's not forget that Jathine hasn't given a spreadsheet link. :P

I just hope he publicly releases it at some point. I really would be curious to see it.
Dell -

Any thought about adding an addon recommendation section to the guide? Aside from the obvious crucial ones like Omen, there are some that are really pretty helpful.
I was thinking about it.. but personally, I don't use much beyond a nameplate addon and omen that are actual functional benefits. Everything else is just prettying up my UI. Obviously if I see any good suggestions, I'd consider it.
Bejeweled is a must.

WoW edition of Peggle.

And I like my 30 sec CD Heroic Throw. :(
Meh, I just kind of slapped together what I thought was decent, currently Blood Craze is alright with Field Dressing (9.5% HP Healed) but come Cataclysm it gets nerfed to 3% HP Healed making it completely worthless even with the inflated HP pools.

Decent talent turned to crap once again. :(
Yeah.. pre nerf blood craze was weak, but you could at least justify it in a max survival spec. Now you really just can't. Oh well!
Yeah.. pre nerf blood craze was weak, but you could at least justify it in a max survival spec. Now you really just can't. Oh well!

Blizzard - Nerfing everything fun since... Noggenfogger Elixirs and wall climbing, really.
I miss wall climbing so bad. That's how I used to spend my idle time in cities. Now I'm stuck just jumping in circles, D: