The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

Priest
Prev 1 10 11 12 53 Next
woo no priest have been played by the blizzard developers team in the rated BG tests.... guess why :P

Holy priest is a miserable disaster in all forms of PvP now, thanks to the changes implemented in 4.0.1. My guess it that, if true, no devs played priest because they acknowledge that the class is broken in PvP.

My problem is that, frustrating as it was at times, I still liked to do group PvP as Holy.

I feel like Blizzard has denied me the ability to participate in rated BGs in Cataclysm. You can say, "well, wait till 85. You're not even there yet," however I am very disillusioned by the state of Holy as it appears to be going forward.

- (dps) / (hps) is higher all around
- Holy has less mitigation that it had even in WotLK
- Holy has much less burst hps to rely on for survival
- There are more anti-caster mechanics in Cataclysm than there were in WotLK

All these things together appear to make no other conclusion possible except that Holy will be even less feasible for group PvP in Cataclysm than it was in WotLK.

I think this is horribly unfair. I have enjoyed PvP as Holy ever since I rolled this toon. For Blizzard to simply arbitrarily take this capacity away from the class is really a bummer. For people like myself who like to PvP as well as PvE, this makes the class so much less attractive. I have already given up on BG's in 4.0.1 .. it's just stupid to try as Holy.
I think Priest are gona hurt for a bit till they give them more survivability and regen. Atm i have no regen problems but from everything im hearing in the forums 80-85 it begins to scale VERY poorly so i'll have to wait and see.

I PVP ALOT with this toon and the one thing i see is from a game mechanic point blizzard has really given mages a huge boost to an already impressive group of CC. Couple that with the damage they are putting out and they are generally smoking peeps in BGs with little to no effert.

ATM i feel priests that aren't shadow are suffering from the same problem warlocks had until recently (if they wherent affliction) and that is the cast time on their heals. With all of the CC available now to the other classes its just not optimal for "long" cast times. My shortest cast is my flash heal...wich is the worst in mana effeciency. So either i penence when its up...waste a global on a shield that will either get popped from the insane dps or dispeled or use a spell that will drain my mana quickly.

All of those mechanics make healing feel VERY clunky in BGs where speed is survival. Blizzard is about to learn what Warhammer Online did when it comes to rated BG's. With all the new abilties that classes have, a well played "group" will smash a team with relative ease. Even with the larger health pools healing wont be able to keep up with the massive damage output. The only way for peeps to survive is preemptive healing wich this class sucks atm.

I understand Blizzards want to have a class "think" more about their spells they use but i think they kinda over did it some in the case of healers. I have a 80 warrior i tank with, an 80 lock i dps with, and a 80 druid i heal with, along with a number of toons aproaching 80. Out of all the classes i can honestly say Healing requires the most concentration. The is especially so of PVP. Usually i find i have to multi-task by CCing, keeping my self alive, while healing my partners. All the while i have a huge cast time on the heals and the ones i can use to save mine or my partners butt will oom me quickly.

Sorry bout the long post but these are the issues i see moving forward into Cata with this class
We’re aware of the current concerns over priest healing and have additional balance changes in store within the beta. As always, constructive feedback based on these experiences is always welcome.

I hope the additional balance changes they had in store wasn't the 20% increase to *base* heals... which only amounts to about 500 to 1000 extra healing, depending on the spell.

I can think of some other (very minor) tweaks holy priests need, none are overpowered. If anything, they won't do near enough:

** Bring back the 5% extra spirit for Spirit of Redemption. It would give Holy a tiny bit of extra regen (and we all know it needs it). It would also be a reason to take that talent.

** Make Surge of Light have a chance to proc on any healing spell. Surge of Light is so useless right now, I would skip it if there was ANYTHING else I could take in the holy tree. But there isn't.

** I know there are some changes to Chakra. While I like the concept, in the long run I think it will be scrapped. However, in the meantime, it needs to be off the GCD, cost no mana (I believe this was done already), and you should stay in your Chakra state unless you change it. It becomes more like a hunter Aspect then, which is probably how it should work.

** A couple more Talents as holy. Holy Reach should make a return (perhaps as a 1 point talent). And with Holy Word: Aspire dissappearing from Chakra, that might make a nice 1 point talent as well.
Priest healing needs a whole revamp, not a 20% *base-healing* buff to 4 spells

This one-hundred times over.

Penance healing for nothing and being on a long CD?
Evangelism/Archangel mechanic being clunky?
PW:S being a wasted cast against dispellers?
PS being dispellable?
PW:B being absolute garbage?
No talents buffing our main mana-efficient heal (Heal)?
Mana issues?

Nothing has been mentioned on any of those issues.
Priest PvP healing is a waste of time. Go shadow and win.
We probably won't get another answer... but hopefully it's read at least.

Were the 20% buffs what you had in store for us? If so, that isn't remotely close to what the class needs. People have already said it better than I could, so I won't go into detail.

What we need has been already posted many times, and sadly (until now) ignored.
<3 Neth. Thanks for the feedback & info.

BTW - You can just login to your candle toon and then your avatar will be updated. Just remember to still be a candle when you logout.

Not yet sadly. The candle is in the shop for now. Hopefully we'll be getting back our avatars before too much longer.

We're never too far, though we admittedly have been very busy. We may not always be visible here, but we are trying to keep tabs on as much as possible. Keep in mind, we're still fixing bugs as well so some things that don't seem "right" may just be a bug we're either working to squish or will be squishing. Also, as you well know, we always keep an eye out for what happens on live even after testing is done with. If we see we still need to make changes, we will. It may not always be as fast as people believe it should be, but we take into account a variety of factors before making those changes and never stop watching for the how the results really play out in the end.

As for where we're "allowed" to post, we post wherever we can when we can. If I could clone myself though, I would, then I'd head to the movies while my other selves took care of the myriad tasks I still have yet to do. ;p (I'd have them work on my characters too, but that would be account sharing which is a no no. ;) )

As for where we're "allowed" to post, we post wherever we can when we can. If I could clone myself though, I would, then I'd head to the movies while my other selves took care of the myriad tasks I still have yet to do. ;p (I'd have them work on my characters too, but that would be account sharing which is a no no. ;) )

Would it be though? Technically you would be sharing the account with yourself, which isn't another person.

I think you're in the clear, babe.
Please, please, please,

Stop involving my PVE game in a useless attempt to balance a pvp sub-game with the same set of rules as the PVE game.

The wow engine is not and really will never be designed with the key componants needed to enable it to become balanced.
The game design folks continue to TRY to push the square peg into the round hole, but it won't work.

This game is non-collisional. Tanks can not REQUIRE dps to hit them instead of healers. And the whole balance of dps is designed to kill bosses with 26M HPs in 10 min.
So - face it, the game is about CC and burst dps. OR is healing exceeds dps levels, it is about draining mana off healers; THEN it is about CC and burst dps.

Fundamentally WOW can never be balanced for PVP. It is simply not designed from the ground up to enable it.

So developers - if you want to make a pvp game - just do it. Go ahead and break the paradigm you work under that the that the rules have to be the same for the two parts of the game.

And players, stop whining about how your class is incredibly weak, gonna get pwned, etc etc etc in pvp. Face it - if you are a healer - you are gonna get trained and pwned. Or drained and pwned or just pnwed.

Ultimately, I'm peronally sick and tired of my game being face mashed to try to achieve an impossible balance to PVP.

This one-hundred times over.

Penance healing for nothing and being on a long CD?
Evangelism/Archangel mechanic being clunky?
PW:S being a wasted cast against dispellers?
PS being dispellable?
PW:B being absolute garbage?
No talents buffing our main mana-efficient heal (Heal)?
Mana issues?

Nothing has been mentioned on any of those issues.

This pretty much sums up my concerns as well, until something is done to help Disc Priest Survivability and Mana regen issues in PVP I guess I'll either stop playing this before Cata and go play my Pally or roll a Druid or just go Shadow spec on this priest. :(
Thanks for a rare blue post in a controversial priest thread... that gave us no information. tick tock blizzard. you have what 18/19 days til you release us like this and if we're the model for garbage healing, you need to bring the rest of the healers (*cough*paladins*cough*) in line.
Thanks for a rare blue post in a controversial priest thread... that gave us no information. tick tock blizzard. you have what 18/19 days til you release us like this and if we're the model for garbage healing, you need to bring the rest of the healers (*cough*paladins*cough*) in line.

You're welcome! Can I have a /hug now?

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.
Yes, but priests who would be playing the game if their class was fine won't be playing at the time of those buffs in the future.
Yes, but priests who would be playing the game if their class was fine won't be playing at the time of those buffs in the future.

Or at least won't be level 85, because they chose to level another class.

You're welcome! Can I have a /hug now?

I think you missed what I said, the clock (while ticking) doesn't end with the release of Cataclysm. Time goes on and so will changes as they need to be made.

I think basically what is being said is, don't expect any additional changes to priests at least prior to the cata launch or in the near future after launch, things are pretty much locked up at this point. Maybe down the road things may change depending on the shakeup after launch, etc.

Yea that's pushed me over to the side of not playing a priest for Cata lol, thanks for the info! =D
Bloodline Champions is looking better everyday. Kinda regret preordering Cata now.