The Sad state of Priests come Cataclysm.

Priest
Prev 1 15 16 17 53 Next
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1179708 /thread
still waiting for priests fixes on:

mobility
    surverability
    mana regeneration
    (in disc case) better/undispelable absorbs
    (in holy case) better chakra

Changes to mana regen, "better" absorbs+chakra will not happen because of PVE balance.

Some semblance of dispel protection, our survivability mechanics that aren't not linked to healing, and mobility are going to be the best candidates for buffs/changes.
Hmm, GC says healers that make good decisions are therefore good healers and should not run out of mana.

So I guess most priests in beta are bad players.
Hmm, GC says healers that make good decisions are therefore good healers and should not run out of mana.

So I guess most priests in beta are bad players.

i can accept the mana changes in cata if and only if i dont see a hpala/rdruid with really high HPS and never dip below 50% mana.
Whats funny is that a bunch of priests are suggesting the same exact changes that would fix the specs. I've seen QQ forums have a ton of different lame ideas that are either too OP or just plain ridiculous.

Its nice to see that most of the priest community understand the issues and what needs to happen.

Unfortunately, Blizzard treats us like the Pally forums when it comes to class balance... -__-

paladins QQ when they are more than fine (see: best healers in wotlk in all seasons only in S8 druids became on par with paladins), while this thread is actually a real one about a real issue, its not that we "think" its wrong

if you click the profile of a lot of the posters in this thread you will see gladiators to rank 1 players, every one of them have beta and knows that healing priest is completely unplayable and unviable right now (a huge dissaster i'd say)

only reason most of us are posting here tbh is to try and make our class the least competitive in PvP next season because at this right moment, we arent. we have tried and made sugestion, shown feedback from beta, shown how shields are useless in pvp and so is holy spec, how priests mana efficiency is terrible compared to other healers (at least 2x worst than the healer with least mana efficiency that isnt a priest), hell we even posted a billion times how pain supression is useless right now as well as pw:barrier

there are at least 30 more points I could say but have already been said in at least 30 posts in this thread

I still wonder how blizzard want to convince most of these players to keep posting on these forums (that have became nothing more than a troll pool, PvE and RP) when our opinions, feedbacks and everything else we post here is completely discarded as if we were another random pve/rp/troll and we are given some reply like Nethaera's: a huge punch in the face and a "GO PLAY OTHER CLASS!!", its just sad.

so again: bump, and im still waiting for priest fixes.
it's beta for a reason

This statement works like maybe a few months after the beta but not this close to cataclysm.

Blizzard wants to see how things work at level 85 before making any change. At this point, most of the complains are due players don't know the new mechanisms or don't want to change the way they played.

Once we start seeing arenas and raids at level 85, we will see how OP o weak the priests really are.
it's beta for a reason

This statement works like maybe a few months after the beta but not this close to cataclysm.

Blizzard wants to see how things work at level 85 before making any change. At this point, most of the complains are due players don't know the new mechanisms or don't want to change the way they played.

Once we start seeing arenas and raids at level 85, we will see how OP o weak the priests really are.

no its not, most of these players here (at least the big majority, the PvP ones) have been playing beta since they got their acess (which happened a long time ago) and our feedback is based on lvl 85 issues, not worries, but real issues.
I wonder if PvE players would get up in arms if Blizz put a target limit on PW:S so that they would be able to raise its absorption to non-trivial levels in PvP...

or better yet just keep PW:S how it is and create a new Disc-Only instant ability on maybe a 10-15 second cooldown that absorbs [PW:S amount * 250%], also clearing any movement impairing effects and making the target immune to them for [ability cooldown / 2] seconds. Can only cast on 1 target at a time. Hell I'd take that over PW:B and it would make Disc a more viable tank healer for all the dragon slayers out there.

Doesn't solve all Disc's problems but just another idea to add to the pile...

no its not, most of these players here (at least the big majority, the PvP ones) have been playing beta since they got their acess (which happened a long time ago) and our feedback is based on lvl 85 issues, not worries, but real issues.

We're aware of those concerns. (In regard to PvP concerns.) We'll keep you all informed as we move forward in addressing them more directly.

Despite what some seem to think, we're keeping a close eye on these discussions and will make changes as we feel we need to or should. We have some different ideas that are being batted around should additional changes be needed but we're just not ready to discuss what those are. Believe it or not, we have quite a few priest players on our end too and we all want to make sure that the experience with the class is a good one the same as with any other class.

You dont have long .......players have been complaing now for sometime, especially since the major live mana nerf that only affected priests. I thank you for at least keeping us informed, but it does seem that the actual priest healing mechanics are broken and should have been realised long before now. We are not all uber priests that can outheal any other class just on skill alone. Some of us plod along doing our best to finish each expansions content. Unlike other healers we actually wear cloth so have to be a little more cautious.

False. They have plenty of time. Class balance does not end on December 7th.

Moreover, Priest problems at 85 are numeric, not conceptual, save the issue of offensive dispels, which Blizzard probably needs to rein in. Regardless, mathematical problems can and almost always will be fixed quickly. There is no reason to worry about this in the long-run.

Priests in and of themselves are far from broken. You do not convince Blizzard by making blatantly false assertions about issues they are in a far better position to study, understand, and address.
Depends on what you're referring to. Isn't the first pvp season of Cata starting only a couple of weeks after release?
Depends on what you're referring to. Isn't the first pvp season of Cata starting only a couple of weeks after release?

season 9 is starting 14 dec (7 days after release) so yeah, not much time left
Believe it or not, we have quite a few priest players on our end too and we all want to make sure that the experience with the class is a good one the same as with any other class.

Unfortunately event's such as the following reduce the communities confidence in the developers. To see the developers so out classed by the players seriously undermines our confidence in your abilities to balance the game. Especially when things such as developers using speed modifiers to cheat that is demonstrated in this video. This only further erodes the perception by the players that this game is being handled incorrectly and will not avoid classes or spec's being unfairly handicapped due to developer ignorance or reluctance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HDbSLYDLy4
http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=215654

As far as an answer on how to restore the confidence of the community from the standpoint of Blizzard I do not have answers. I can only point out the glaring issues that seem to resurface.

Many players on the beta have been expressing their distrust as too priest's abilities to full-fill their roles in pvp and pve. Mostly due to healing through put being lacking. Mana use being much higher than other classes. Also Priest shields having dropped in effectiveness vs the damage output of players in pvp.

These issue's and how they are being echoe'd through a large part of the wow community seem to only be receiving responses of 'we will wait and see what happens' vs what the community would like to see. Some of the answers I think would be welcomed are
-We agree that mana consumption by a priest is higher than the other healers. Or that mana regen for priests are lower than other healers and we will adjust to bring both in line.
-We disagree that mana consumption by a priest is too high due to this evidence "x". And we believe that mana regen is fine due to this evidence "x"
-We believe that 'x' is the reason priest throughput is low and we are working to fix that.
-We believe that 'x' is the reason priest mana regen is percieved to be low or is too low and we are working to fix that.
-We believe priests reliance on shields to make up for their deficit in healing output and mana regen isn't keeping up with other classes because absorb affect is only half that of class 'y's heal inwhich shields are suppose to compete with.

These sorts of things remind me of the same issues that occurred at the beginning of WOTLK, but they were at the other extreme. Paladins 2 shotting people, and DK's who could not be killed. Allowing these sorts of issues to be categorized as "lets wait and see" only servers to continue the distrust of developers by parts of the wow community. Allowing DK's to dominate arena's for months on end with few changes to bring them back in line punished any other player that faced them in pvp.

It is hard to imagine that the developers have not taken the time to explore these issues in pvp on their own or at least explain to the community how they are not seeing the same issues. It would be a welcomed change if more information was being communicated by top players to the development team, but not in secrecy. Secrecy only further promotes distrust.

You dont have long .......players have been complaing now for sometime, especially since the major live mana nerf that only affected priests. I thank you for at least keeping us informed, but it does seem that the actual priest healing mechanics are broken and should have been realised long before now. We are not all uber priests that can outheal any other class just on skill alone. Some of us plod along doing our best to finish each expansions content. Unlike other healers we actually wear cloth so have to be a little more cautious.

Moreover, Priest problems at 85 are numeric, not conceptual, save the issue of offensive dispels, which Blizzard probably needs to rein in. Regardless, mathematical problems can and almost always will be fixed quickly. There is no reason to worry about this in the long-run.

Priests in and of themselves are far from broken. You do not convince Blizzard by making blatantly false assertions about issues they are in a far better position to study, understand, and address.

I'm sick of this statement - Saying balancing will continue in the future is obvious, but I want it to occur before the next Arena season starts. If they are talking about balancing priests based on how they do in the next Arena season that's a terrible time-frame. Just saying "we know there's a problem but we're waiting until it's too late and doesn't matter, and it'll be fixed after that" is how I'm interpreting the current view on priests from Blizz. It is less than a month until Cata and even though issues in beta are obvious nothing is being done about it. The simplest solution I can see is to buff the mastery effects of Disc and Holy thus strengthening them without affecting shadow (which is within acceptable ranges).

I agree the problem is numeric rather than conceptual in that chakra works well enough with the changes in BETA, but we simply are at a competitive disadvantage in both the power of our heals and our mana regen, which is an especially bad duet for a healer.

The mystery is how in CATA where mana rationing is said to be important, the only class really being adversely affected by it is priest, amd apparently, that means we are fine, if not great.

Disc problems are conceptual
Disc problems are conceptual

Which concept seems to be the problem?