Rolo's Riddle, quit killing my birds >:|

Quests
Post Limit:
Yep.

This quest is aggravatingly difficult to complete at the moment (for myself anyway, dunno about anyone else), and there's one singular reason for this. The birds are being killed, and not on accident. It's frustrating enough that when someone doesn't realize you're being carried and they attack them, and the Albatross never reset.

Angryna is politely asking for solution to this.
09/10/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Sumna
It's frustrating enough that when someone doesn't realize you're being carried and they attack them, and the Albatross never reset.

And even more frustrating when it's usually deliberate trolling. And, sadly, probably not actionable.
>:|

Precisely.
This was happening on the PTR. Why blizzard didn't do something is a mystery.
Blizzard probably likes the griefing that's going on... They need to laugh every now and then.
This was happening on the PTR. Why blizzard didn't do something is a mystery.
Yup. I got the quest today on an alt and in the last part I inadvertently killed an occupied bird. You can't really see if another player is on the bird. So, why didn't Blizz fix this in the PTR?
Too bad we can't just hop on those fancy FLYING mounts that I shelled out like 8000g to be able to zip around on.
I feel bad for getting angry at the people who did not realize I was being carried by the bird when they hit it. I'm sure those people who hit the birds feel bad that they have to kill them after they aggro them because they don't leash.
guys for crying outloud trolls are doing this because people like making life hard for people to complete there quest. They always do this they always camp and make sure the opposite faction cant complete the quest. just do it when no one around.
guys for crying outloud trolls are doing this because people like making life hard for people to complete there quest. They always do this they always camp and make sure the opposite faction cant complete the quest. just do it when no one around.
The issue is that Blizzard didn't think this through and now that 5.4 has gone live, I'm willing to assume they will never fix it.
I dunno, my bird got in a fight with a guy killing another albatross (pally threat/AoE I guess) so I had to kill my bird to get off and grab another one. There was another one shortly thereafter.

Had to kill that one too when I spotted a chest on top of a tall rock. Grabbed the next bird-taxi to Rolo's Riddle place.

/shrug
Another bird will always (eventually) come around again, but going through 10 birds just so you can get hauled around the island for 10 minutes is silly.

I did finally manage to get my quest done, and managed to collect the sturdy chests that I was missing, but it really shouldn't have taken so long to do it in the first place. We can sit here and argue that we should use x solution to get around the trolling problem, but that will never ever fix the problem. The problem should not be ignored.
Also patch notes today:

Highwind Albatross already carrying a player will no longer have its flight path interrupted when attacked by other players. Players who have been picked up by an Albatross can still interrupt its flight by attacking it.
FYI, I did finally get an albatross yesterday that took me over the lake where the final clue is. I killed him and dropped into the lake. Got my final clue and chest and finished the quest. While I was up there some horde players (PVE Server) were also there fishing up a rare. Garnia? Something like that. I tagged him as they killed him and got more loot. So, I can report that this quest is now doable.
Yep. Vixie quoted a chage that was in some hot fixes yesterday. Glad to see they changed it. Grats on your achieve. :)
I think it still doesn't work but it's a step in the right direction. People can still kill the bird even if the bird will continue on its way.
I think it still doesn't work but it's a step in the right direction. People can still kill the bird even if the bird will continue on its way.
Yep; there's a group of people doing nothing but hanging around and shooting down birds as they pass by and laughing at the people they're disrupting.