Thanks Blizzard, mogu runes of fate

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
People will stop crying when the LFR is released next week. They are just crying because they have no upgrades RIGHT FREAKING NOW and to them since LFR isn't out ToT is the only raid that exists.

But yeah, next tuesday the crying will stop.
I don't give a crap about gearing my alts.

What I care about is using a token on Nalak on my alts each week for a extra chance at a mount.

Having to do that isle on 4 different toons to get 2500 coins just for a single token is ludicrous.
I wanted mogu runes of fate to get my tier gear because lfr is all I can raid and I still haven't had any luck getting my 4 piece.
The time waste for getting runes is too long, And while i appreciate letting us get legendary tokens off the first 8 bosses of Soo that doesnt help when you delay LFR Soo. This isnt the way to keep peopel subscribed, engaging their alts as well as their mains is. making the token grind terrible added in to the other grind is just bleh.

Perhaps setting the easy to get coins from the trove precedent was the wrong thing to do, but going 180 and making getting the new old tokens is not the correct action either.

Timeless isle is fun though, i just dont know how much staying power it has.
This.

And, it's not like just because Siege is opened to LFR that everyone will get amazing new gear drops right off the bat. ToT LFR supplements it, and every piece of better gear helps the player and the raid going forward.

I wanted mogu runes of fate to get my tier gear because lfr is all I can raid and I still haven't had any luck getting my 4 piece.
Im wondering.. what if mogu rune and elder charm got merged, i mean, 4 token currency seems quite a lot, and mogu rune seems to be an issue atm :/, just a suggestion..
Bashiok you guys said before that you wanted people to progress through all the content to catch up. That was said earlier in this expansion just before ToT came out. Now you guy are saying don't even go into ToT. We need a better way of getting the Runes of Fate because 502 is better than 496. We also need the an easier way to get Runes of Fate because the weapons in ToT are MUCH better than what you get on the new isle... 502 > 476. With the increased drop rate in ToT why would I not want more runes of fate to go in there and get a nice weapon? Siege LFR won't have the same drop rate and is going to roll out to slowly for us that are trying to gear up quickly.
It takes like 20 minutes to get 2500 coins. Cry me a river.

Not to mention, bashiok has a point, mogu runes aren't even worth it now unless you are in normal ToT or better.

The difference is Lesser Charms were not also used as a currency to buy 535s directly. Only an idiot woulud spend Timelost coins for a tiny chance at a 502 when they could instead spend them on Burden of Eternity instead.

no doubt. no disagreement there. but if your hell bent on wasting your time trying to get 502 or 522 whatever, then it is still super easy.
09/11/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Madican
Did they treat ToT like the other instances and up the loot rate to 30%, making coins superfluous? >>

Sometimes that's not enough. I ran LFR since it first released in MoP and want to know when I got my first epic weapon?

Suen-Wo from Consorts via coin. About three or four weeks ago. The rest of that time? Rocking the blue dagger from Heroic Mogushan Palace.

The coins carry the bad luck protection, the normal drops don't. We need coins.

You ran the first 2 raids 4 times. You ran the last raid 5 times. That doesn't count as "DOING LFR SINCE IT WAS FIRST RELEASED". That means you did it a few times, didn't get a drop, but wanted all the loot like you did it every week.
I desperately need another weapon and it's pretty hard to get without the tokens
2500 timeless coins is horribly bad
I'm waiting on bothering in the event they realize the cost is out of line with the value of the item, especially in comparison to the ease of getting elder charms, and drop the cost.

Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items
That's a lot of farming considering the cost of weapons. Please, tell me how that wasn't a lot of time.
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

Weapons.
The basic items that drop from everywhere on the Timeless Isle are 496. Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items, and that's also the ilvl requirement for Siege of Orgrimmar LFR. So even with no other gear from other sources or upgrades, you will be able to jump straight into Siege of Orgrimmar just by playing around, exploring, and killing stuff on the Timeless Isle for a while, which really makes Mogu Runes of Fate quite unnecessary if you're just looking to progress through the new content.

When Mogu Runes of Fate were introduced, Elder Charms of Good Fortune were changed to drop on the Isle of Thunder. They drop randomly and you may get 20 in one day or 0. This time we're taking some of the randomness out of it and simply allowing you to be on the island and constantly be picking up Timeless Coins and working toward purchasing Mogu Runes of Fate.

But as I said if you've seen all you want of ToT and are just looking to progress, just getting those gear tokens off the island are probably a better bet.

They really do i have sets for every class lol
Did they treat ToT like the other instances and up the loot rate to 30%, making coins superfluous? >>

It still took me close to 15 coins+runs before I managed to get the Sha axe out of Terrace, despite them increasing the drop rate from 15% to 25%, after 5.2 went live so claiming that "well there was a buff, you don't need coins" is a little disengenuous.
09/11/2013 12:21 PMPosted by Advicetroll
2500 timeless coins is horribly bad
I'm waiting on bothering in the event they realize the cost is out of line with the value of the item, especially in comparison to the ease of getting elder charms, and drop the cost.

Quite a few people have reported filling every slot on an alt in the first day with these 496 items
That's a lot of farming considering the cost of weapons. Please, tell me how that wasn't a lot of time.

I got a head piece, robe, shoulders, legs, and belt for my other priest in one hour. How is a full set in one day unbelievable?
09/11/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Omegal
To be fair, the treasure scenario is a GUARANTEED 15+

no it's not. i've done that thing several times and i dont always get 15+, ranged from about 6-13 for me

rest i had to obtain via daily finishers and the chest that's once a week.

@OP

I agree, that amount is pretty steep, especially if you dont have a good group that can clean house on the rares and elites. if they can bring down the cost to about 1000 timeless coins it would be much more reasonable.
I got a head piece, robe, shoulders, legs, and belt for my other priest in one hour. How is a full set in one day unbelievable?

remember he said weapons, so that's probably where most of the time sink comes in.
Bashiok you guys said before that you wanted people to progress through all the content to catch up. That was said earlier in this expansion just before ToT came out. Now you guy are saying don't even go into ToT. We need a better way of getting the Runes of Fate because 502 is better than 496. We also need the an easier way to get Runes of Fate because the weapons in ToT are MUCH better than what you get on the new isle... 502 > 476. With the increased drop rate in ToT why would I not want more runes of fate to go in there and get a nice weapon? Siege LFR won't have the same drop rate and is going to roll out to slowly for us that are trying to gear up quickly.

This horse has been beaten to death resurrected by the undead toon a page back, and beaten to death again. 502 is better then 496. but you can spend 2 hours getting a full 496 set and que for ToT LFR or SoO LFR. Doesn't matter. The only thing you might have as a legitimate complaint would be weapons. Last time i checked trinkets, necks and rings can be gotten off the isle as well.
09/11/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Aecros

Sometimes that's not enough. I ran LFR since it first released in MoP and want to know when I got my first epic weapon?

Suen-Wo from Consorts via coin. About three or four weeks ago. The rest of that time? Rocking the blue dagger from Heroic Mogushan Palace.

The coins carry the bad luck protection, the normal drops don't. We need coins.

You ran the first 2 raids 4 times. You ran the last raid 5 times. That doesn't count as "DOING LFR SINCE IT WAS FIRST RELEASED". That means you did it a few times, didn't get a drop, but wanted all the loot like you did it every week.

Nope, try again.

Elegon kills: 4
Amber-Shaper: 4
Tsulong: 9
Lei Shi: 9
Horridon: 5
Dark Animus: 4
Twin Consorts: 5

Nine attempts at the two weapon-giving bosses in ToES. Nine. With coins, so more like eighteen each. I didn't do HoF much because my sha-touched weapon wasn't in there so I didn't particularly try very hard for it.

I rarely, if ever, did a full circuit of LFR every week because first off that's a great way to burn out, which I actually did shortly after ToT released, and second occasionally the group would fail to kill the boss and I'd give up trying for that week. I've seen countless people vanish down Elegon's hole and not heal Tsulong during Day phase. You also forget that the stats page only shows the numbers for this particular toon, when I have several more at max level. I'm not saying I ran LFR every week, but still a good chunk of time since its release.