5.4 Heirloom Enchanting

Professions
Hi.

I was wondering why I cannot have my low level alt enchant her heirloom pants with say for example shadowleather leg armor? (requires level 85)

Or another example, a level 85 scope used on the heirloom bow.

My understanding was that with 5.4, enchants will be able to be applied to heirloom gear and scaling would be adjusted to the level of the character.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

Do I have to have a level 85 character apply them to the heirlooms instead of say a level 30?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If they are applied they will scale.

They may still need a high level character to apply.
Thank you for your reply.

Can I get a clarification or some more insight on whether or not you need a high level character to apply level 85 enchants to heirlooms?

If so, I'll have to transfer my level 85 to my account with the heirlooms to enchant them. (That's the price for some nice enchants on my heirlooms I guess :p)
I would like to comment on the recent changes to enchants for heirlooms.
I can understand the need/want to be able to put higher end enchants on them, but the way you did it, by scaling all enchants, have made all the old enchants useless.
(I am so happy I farmed Mighty Intellect right now)
It has also made all the older mats worthless (Some of which I have a large stockpile of) and I can't even vender them.

Is there any particular reason you did not just set the enchants to be usable on the heirloom when a toon reached the proper level? That would require resetting the item when it is transferred between toons, but it would have kept you from invalidating the majority of my profession.
I'm also kind of upset that they decided to "Heirloom" the Gems and Meta's as well, I've spent nearly 30k making an 85 twink simply to run Cata dungeons with lower level friends and make it fast, and log in this morning to find myself basically nerfed. I am sure I will still function reasonably well, but I never saw a mention of them doing this to all things.
Hi.

I was wondering why I cannot have my low level alt enchant her heirloom pants with say for example shadowleather leg armor? (requires level 85)

Or another example, a level 85 scope used on the heirloom bow.

My understanding was that with 5.4, enchants will be able to be applied to heirloom gear and scaling would be adjusted to the level of the character.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

Do I have to have a level 85 character apply them to the heirlooms instead of say a level 30?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The leg armor and the scope are not enchants, they are items that are applied is how I understand it.
ur low lvl alt cant apply the chant you have to be lvl85 or higher to apply it. check tooltips required lvl to use. i have a low lvl alt i twinked up just mail all boa's to lvl90 and chant away then send back.
Yeah, the Shoulder/Leg enchants have to be applied by an 85+ character.
Heartseeker Scope is the best, it gives +40 Crit, but scales to level. pretty expensive, but any engineer over 430 skill level can make it for 2 twilight opals and 10 saronite bars
sorry for opening up an old post but I wanted to clarify.

IF I send say the cloth heirloom shoulders to my shammy here, I could make one of the greater crane wing inscriptions, and enchant it, then send it back to my 27 mage. is this how this works?
sorry for opening up an old post but I wanted to clarify.

IF I send say the cloth heirloom shoulders to my shammy here, I could make one of the greater crane wing inscriptions, and enchant it, then send it back to my 27 mage. is this how this works?

ive never tried with shoulders but thats how other enchants with level reqs work