rep with shaohao

General Discussion
Is there really no other way to get to honored with shaohao than killing mobs forever, at 6-11 rep per? On one tiny plot of land? There must be something I'm missing Two hours steady farming, and I'm still at neutral??

If anyone can tell me another way to get that rep, pls let me know.
I take it that's a no. Ok then, blizzard, this is officially the worst grind you have ever created.
Googling helps.

Don't get all pissy because no one wants to respond to your thread that takes 2 seconds to google an answer for.

"I take it as a no" translates to "I GUESS NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER MY QUESTION (SIDEWAYS FACE)"
Optional. No gear gated behind it. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.
My name owns
I take it that's a no. Ok then, blizzard, this is officially the worst grind you have ever created.

QFT.

I'm a rep hound personally, and even this one makes me cringe. The mobs are few, there's a ton of people farming, and the elites hit like trucks and generally are not soloable.

You have to have Honored rep to spend your Valor for coins, so... thanks, pointless grinding for the sake of "content". It's extra insulting that the vast majority of creatures on the Isle drop Timeless Coins, but only the yaungol count for the Shaohao rep.
Optional. No gear gated behind it. You don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Patently untrue. The 500 Valor for 3500 Coins cache requires Honored rep to purchase, which are used towards purchasing gear.
It's something to keep you busy for the next 6+ months before a new expansion, not a faction you're intended to wrap up to exalted in a week or two so you can get gear to progress.

And for the love of all that is good, get some enchants and gems. It hurts to look at you like that.
17% hit, missing gems/chants.. No wonder it's taking you a long time to kill things.

But seriously, all these people complaining about how it "takes forever" to accomplish anything in this expansion clearly only started playing post-wotlk. They don't remember the grindiness of Vanilla (Tyr's hand farming for countless hours for epic riding) or BC.

Honestly though, this is content designed to keep people busy for a while. The next expansion hasn't even been announced yet, so you can safely assume it will be 6-12 months at least before we get "new content". There is no need at all to get this smashed out immediately.

And let's face it. If you could get the rep and mount in a matter of days, you'd be right back on these forums saying "there's no content, this game is boring, I want more Blizzard"...
09/11/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Aelora

Patently untrue. The 500 Valor for 3500 Coins cache requires Honored rep to purchase, which are used towards purchasing gear.

Nope. While you can use the coins to purchase gear, yes, everything on the isle drops coins. Burdens have a chance of dropping from chests. You are not required to grind this rep. You wanting the coin purse is a choice.
09/11/2013 10:25 AMPosted by Aelora

That's the game protecting you from yourself. You're wasting your valor at that price.

Hang on - that's the phone.

It was Chief Timbermaw. He just laughed into the receiver and hung up.

He did, at your Revered rep. I have Timbermaw, Hydraxian, Insane, and dozens more reps at Exalted. From a purely grinding standpoint, this one is dumb.
I love rep grinds. :D
except there's a quest for one of those items that changes the gear tokens from 496 to 535 once you get to honored
09/11/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Targetfour
except there's a quest for one of those items that changes the gear tokens from 496 to 535 once you get to honored

Those get dropped and can be looted from chests
09/11/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Gunstarr

You get one guaranteed then a very minuscule chance from every other chest most of which can only be looted once ever.

You get one guaranteed then a very minuscule chance from every other chest most of which can only be looted once ever.

Still doesn't make Shaohao rep required.

He did, at your Revered rep. I have Timbermaw, Hydraxian, Insane, and dozens more reps at Exalted. From a purely grinding standpoint, this one is dumb.

Your Timbermaw was after the nerf. Grinding that out in Vanilla or BC really was such a painful prospect, few did it (I sure didn't until they were handing it out pretty much for free). Wintersaber Trainers was another bad one made easier over time.

Worst of all has to be Bloodsail though, so I tip my hat to you on that.
timbermaw, mop edition. Such a long painful grind, I quickly gave up (and I played a dps at the time).

Even if there was gear gated behind it, it would still be optional.