Noodle Secrets Long forgotten

Customer Support
Post Limit:
I've done everything out here, up to the quest where you have to get to honored with the emperor

Yes, you have, including the Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten quest. I am sorry, Iconoclastic, I looked at you earlier and it seemed that you had recently completed that quest so I thought you were fine.

You have the quest: The Lost Secret of the Secret Ingredient in your quest log. That is the next quest in line after Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten, and takes place in the Temple of the Jade Serpent.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
its strange its not showing up for me, but I'll go check again. Thank you..
its strange its not showing up for me, but I'll go check again. Thank you..

If you do not see the quest " The Lost Secret of the Secret Ingredient" in your quest log you may be having a display issue and want to try resetting your UI.

Good luck, Iconoclastic.

The "Bjd" character on Shattered Halls has completed the "Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten" quest.

You can check for yourself right here:
http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/shattered-halls/Bjd?fields=quests

Instructions on how this works here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196340343

Quest in question:
http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33018/noodle-secrets-long-forgotten
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
I'm also seeing 33018 showing as "done" but I've never done it. I KNOW I've not done it. Period. So why would it be saying I have? Also, if I have done it, why can I not do the followup cooking quests? Lin Chao-Wei is green to me but not offering any quests.

What is going on?
I'm also having the same problem: I have Master of Pandaren Cooking, but I can't start Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten.
If you do not see the quest " The Lost Secret of the Secret Ingredient" in your quest log you may be having a display issue and want to try resetting your UI.

I followed the instructions on that page and am still unable to view the sign to get the quest.
Boxcar - do you see The Lost Secret of the Secret Ingredient in your quest log?

That's the next part of the chain, and I'm showing it active for you.
I remember running through the area where the quest starter item is laying when I first got there and there was no exclamation mark showing. I didn't even realize that was where the quest started at that point.

I ran across the NPC you take the initial quest item to and talked to her first and she mentioned something about a lost document. It was after that point in which I was on my way to the cave with the Hozen vendor that I then saw the quest item laying on the ground.

I'm not sure what constitutes the 'opening' quests for the Timeless Isle, but I know I still have not completed some stuff. I'm still lacking some of the 50 stones and the Elite Kills for those quests.

Maybe it was me talking to the NPC in the village first that triggered the quest item to appear? It sure wasn't there the first time. I'd have remembered seeing that exclamation point as I was poking around in every corner and area looking for chests and I even climbed around on the rubble of the bridge.
Orlyia, originally I did not. Today, I am seeing it. Perhaps it has something to do with the patch, maybe it doesn't.

I must reaffirm that I have not ever started this quest chain, nor fulfilled any of the requirements (accepting quests, talking to NPCs, clicking on objects in rubble, etc.).
After the patch and resetting my UI, I am still unable to view the quest.
After the patch and resetting my UI, I am still unable to view the quest.

As Orlyia mentioned yesterday, Peanutfish, you need to have completed the initial cooking quests in Halfhill. If you are referring to the character you are posting on I show that you have only completed The Soup of Contemplation and Have a Drink.

If you complete the others that should be available to you at Halfhill, you should be able to pick up the Noodle Secrets Long Forgotten quest.

I am Master of the Ways and have completed all the island starter quests. I reloaded my UI. I cannot find this quest anywhere. I do not have it in my log. Am I missing something?
Check your quest log under "Cooking" and see quests are showing up there?
It is there. Thank you for the tip, Boxcar. Perhaps the Devs can make this quest pop up like the initial quest to come to the island so you are aware when you receive it? I know the question mark wasn't showing for me, and I never clicked on any items at the broken bridge.
"you should definitely be able to see this thing if you have Nomi. "

Are you saying that you have to buy the cooking school bell from Ironpaw in Halfhill to be able to see the Old Sign Fragment? I'm not that much of a masochist.
09/21/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Setari
Are you saying that you have to buy the cooking school bell from Ironpaw in Halfhill to be able to see the Old Sign Fragment?

No, he's saying that the prerequisites for buying the cooking school bell include the prerequisites for being able to see the Old Sign fragment, so that if you have the bell you MUST also have the far less stringent requirements for the new quest.
I have Nomi and can not click on the "Old Sign Fragment". I put in a ticket and the only response I got after waiting for 3 days was "Sorry, we can not help with quests". Maybe in not the same words but you get my drift. This is very frustrating.

On this character Cardes? You are already on the next step - Defeat the Sha in Jade Temple.

The Lost Secret of the Secret Ingredient.
i got the quest the secert ingerent and ran temple of the jade serpent several times can do find the lost ingerent any where plz help
i got the lost ingerent quest ran the temple of the jade serpent several times cant find any thing for quest please help