TradeSkill hyperlink usability degraded

Bug Report
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
This is not cool. I very often browse my characters professions via altoholic, most often to see which mats I need to mail to myself to make something.

Fix please.
This addon has always been a staple addon for me... The issue (Once again Blizzards fault) needs to be fixed.
Adding support for the OP, and also hoping for a blue response. 2 days in and I have already run into frustration with PV being broken.

I would chime in here too and nod to Mogorain's post above. I often encounter, especially at lower population times, someone in trade needing a specific profession and no one answering. I could previously link my alts profession(s) and let them see if I had what they were looking for and then log over and make it for them.

Would love to see at least an acknowledgement that this is creating issues for players. I would enjoy it even more if it could be addressed and reverted to how it was prior to the release of 5.4 patch.

Agreed. I depended quite a bit upon this addon. Was very helpful when grabbing mats from a bank alt or simply being able to look at what gems, enchants, inscription items, etc that were out there when upgrading a piece of gear. As per with most of Blizzard's haphazard changes, I am greatly curious why this was changed. Wasn't broke.

Supporting this. I like profession vault a lot. I can't count how many times i'm questing with friends and a BoE pattern drops. We both check out PV and see who has or doesnt have it.

This addon is a staple in my WoW gameplay.

All these reasons, and yes- usually it's a matter of adjusting ourselves to Blizz. But with stated focus being on 'improving interaction' between players why seriously bork one of the prime ways to reach out to other players in a helpful manner?
Supporting this. I like profession vault a lot. I very often browse my characters professions via altoholic, most often to see which mats I need to mail to myself to make something. I depend a lot on this addon since it has allow me to grab mats from an alt mat to another alt. Really hope Blizzard comes out with a solution to fix this problem. Because is not good and need to be fix soon.
knowing the professions of my toons is a MUST if they knew it was broke in the PTR why would they not go about getting it fixed not just push the patch through
Why is that Blizzard continues to break addons that so many of there users rely on. Is it just arrogance ? stupidity ? I'm clueless. If Blizzard actually put these features in the game, then we wouldn't need addons. This change is just over the top. Making it almost impossible to manage trade skills if you have a large number of alts.

I know Blizzard will say it is part of the new connected server thing. My answer is bull!@#$. It is just lazy and noncaring designers and developers. Does it really matter if you see a character in the game to access his trade skill info. Blizzard the answer is no, just do the database access and return the data. If it requires you to access a cross server database then do it, you know where it is.
I agree with many who have posted before me (namely the OP, Tinitha, and Mogorain on the first page of this thread). I am a self-proclaimed altoholic--any of my friends would tell you I love helping others with my army of alts. I am an avid fan of ProfessionsVault, and this change makes it impossible for me to link my alts' professions to a guildie (or anyone else in the game) to let them know how (or if) I can help them.
I support this thread, and everything the OP has stated. I think Ashel has summed up my feelings on the the subject as well. I would like to see the old style profession links reinstated. The old style seemed to be far superior.
Like everybody else posting here, I agree with the original poster. I see no reason why the hyperlink changes were necessary, and find the inability to link my professions to my alts in any way (including addons) very frustrating. If it is possible to quickly fix this, Blizzard, please do so!
The ability to link professions of offline characters was a convenience that I would really like to see re-implemented, along with a work around for PV. Several times, I've run into someone asking for cuts or items for their low level twink while I was playing on an alt. Being able to link them the profession while on my alt saves me the time and trouble of switching characters as I wait for them to figure out what they want and can get the mats for. I hope the developers can come up with good solution for this and what ever the original reason for the change was.
i like my PV. i enjoy being able to look at all my toons professions at once...WE WANT IT FIXED....
i like my PV. i enjoy being able to look at all my toons professions at once...WE WANT IT FIXED....
I need ProfessionVaults addon.......... please, I have multiple toons with different professions and this addon really helped me...... please blizzard.
With 11 alts all with various Professions it was nice to check and see who has or needs various items. Blizz breaking this ability of Professions Vault or similar adds is going to drive me crazy. Please fix!!!
When using Tradeskillmaster:
1. My crafting/restock operations wont trigger when I tried to use it, hence I have to craft them 1 by 1 again....
2. The item tracker looks buggy too, some numbers are just really wrong when you check everything...

From what I can figure, this thread is prolly related to the things am experiencing right now in the TSM addon

Do others experience the same thing?
I also use PV, and agree this issue needs to be looked into and fixed.

Thanks
Please fix this, Blizzard. I use this a great deal with my army of alts.
When using Tradeskillmaster:
1. My crafting/restock operations wont trigger when I tried to use it, hence I have to craft them 1 by 1 again....
2. The item tracker looks buggy too, some numbers are just really wrong when you check everything...

From what I can figure, this thread is prolly related to the things am experiencing right now in the TSM addon

Do others experience the same thing?

If you go to the TSM site directly and log into the chat, they can probably address your concerns regarding TSM-Crafting

http://tradeskillmaster.com/chat