TradeSkill hyperlink usability degraded

Bug Report
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
FIX! FIX! FIX! Why blizzard why?!?!?!?!? Didnt you guys ever here the saying " if it aint broke, dont fix it!!"???? It wasnt broke, why did you have to "fix" it???????????? revert back. i want my PV and other TS addons back :(
As a dedicated player, and one with several crafting alts, I really used the heck out of PV, for both myself and my guildies.

I would at least like to see an acknowledgement by Blizz that they somehow broke this and will fix it, or give us a legit reason reason why.

"Waiting on that blue post"
I also add my voice to this issue and agree with Nidarian.
Still waiting for a response! We need this issue fixed!!!
We are aware of this issue. I currently do not have an eta for a fix but I will update you as I get more information.
We are aware of this issue. I currently do not have an eta for a fix but I will update you as I get more information.

Thanks for acknowledging this painful issue - a date would be great, but just to know it is on the radar is a step in the right direction!

Thanks for acknowledging the issue! Hope the issue is fixed soon.
Thanx Sapper!!!

The lack of consideration on Blizzard/Activision's part towards it's customers is getting to be a pain in the @ss. ALL the players I know have more than 1 alt, most have at least 10. To do away with the ability to keep track of all your alts & their pros shows a lack of consideration for customer service.

Sometimes I wonder if the game programers even play WoW.

I am going to cancel my recurring payment, if this is not fixed by the time this months time runs out I will NOT be renewing my service. There are other games out there to play.
09/13/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Melorlah

The lack of consideration on Blizzard/Activision's part towards it's customers is getting to be a pain in the @ss. ALL the players I know have more than 1 alt, most have at least 10. To do away with the ability to keep track of all your alts & their pros shows a lack of consideration for customer service.

Sometimes I wonder if the game programers even play WoW.

I am going to cancel my recurring payment, if this is not fixed by the time this months time runs out I will NOT be renewing my service. There are other games out there to play.

Blizzard is working on a fix for this, there's nothing more you can ask for. If the only reason you're playing wow is the satisfaction of viewing your alts' professions, then I think you should definitely find a game that you enjoy more than that. Blizzard acknowledged that they are working on it, and blowing things out of proportion with comments like yours doesn't help get the issue fixed any faster and ends up derailing the thread for people like me (and the vast majority who have posted thus far) who truly care to see Blizzard implement a fix.

Back on topic, thanks a lot for the response Sapperwix - very glad to see this being worked on as somebody who's addon heavily depends on it. By my somewhat-informed guess at why this was done, I'm sure it's not a simple fix.
Thanks Blizz...glad to know it wasn't intentional :)
09/13/2013 04:34 PMPosted by Melorlah

The lack of consideration on Blizzard/Activision's part towards it's customers is getting to be a pain in the [removed].

Calm down slappy.
If they didn't have consideration for their customers we'd have whatever static, unchangable UI they wanted us to have. It'd certainly be easier for them that way.
But instead, from the very beginning, they've given add on developers a ton of access to the UI. Sometimes they change something, often because they have to, and it breaks some 3rd party stuff. If they can fix it, they will. But fixing functionality for 3rd party addons will never be their top priority so we're probably going to have wait a bit.

If you don't like it, go ahead and carry through with your little threat to cancel and go look at other games. Good luck trying to find another game that will give any consideration at all for a 3rd party addon used by a tiny, tiny fraction of it's playerbase like Blizz does.
09/13/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Ganlon
But fixing functionality for 3rd party addons will never be their top priority so we're probably going to have wait a bit.

While I totally agree with the points you made, I think it's important to note that this issue has an impact even for those using zero addons, as described very well in the OP. This is also why I'm hopeful this will get fixed (whereas GetAll scans have been broken since patch 4.0.1 and I doubt will ever be fixed since they aren't used at all by the default UI).
Just chiming in with my 2 cents. I appreciate add-ons such as ProfessionsVault and I strongly wish for tradeskill hyperlinking to become useful again.

Thanks for the update, Sapperwix!
Hey Bliz. These add-ons are awesome. Why do you not incorporate the idea in the game and save me hours of logging to find something?