Ret 5.4 SoO Boss Tips

Paladin
Iron Jugg: Clemency really shines here because of BoP. You can theoretically get 5 bombs by yourself over the course of the fight, 6 if you're lucky with placement when bubble is up. Apart from that, standard single target fight

Here's an update about Iron Jug for all you Ret lovers that wanna be Pro.

With hand of protection you can soak 2 mines. Because of the 10 sec duration, you'll land, then have enough time (use a sprint of some form to ensure) run over and click a 2nd before it expires.

Now if you wanna be Pro, here's a fun trick for you. Hand of Protection EXCELS on this fight because it negates all the mine damage entirely and has a 10 sec cooldown. (Yeah yeah I know you know, but keep listening.) The thing is, you can be life gripped (aka Leap of Faith'd) out of the air by a Priest, or a Druid who Symbios'd it.

So you click HoP, click your mine, you go flying, your priest friend gips you to the next mine that he's already standing on, you click that one, and then the 2nd priest or druid grips you to the 3rd mine they are standing on and you click that one as well.

Boom > Grip > Boom > Grip > Boom = Ret soaking mines LIKE A BOSS!
09/30/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Lovepony
Iron Jugg: Clemency really shines here because of BoP. You can theoretically get 5 bombs by yourself over the course of the fight, 6 if you're lucky with placement when bubble is up. Apart from that, standard single target fight

With hand of protection you can soak 2 mines. Because of the 10 sec duration, you'll land, then have enough time (use a sprint of some form to ensure) run over and click a 2nd before it expires.

Now if you wanna be Pro, here's a fun trick for you. Hand of Protection EXCELS on this fight because it negates all the mine damage entirely and has a 10 sec cooldown. (Yeah yeah I know you know, but keep listening.) The thing is, you can be life gripped (aka Leap of Faith'd) out of the air by a Priest, or a Druid who Symbios'd it.

So you click HoP, click your mine, you go flying, your priest friend gips you to the next mine that he's already standing on, you click that one, and then the 2nd priest or druid grips you to the 3rd mine they are standing on and you click that one as well.

I do that exact thing!

Cept instead of boom grip boom grip boom grip. I just tunnel the boss and ignore every mechanic.
09/30/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Ritalynn

I do that exact thing!

Cept instead of boom grip boom grip boom grip. I just tunnel the boss and ignore every mechanic.

Even more pro is you can click the first mine and as you're being shot up if there is another in range click it and you won't get boosted in the air ;p
Self-target Holy Prism for Protectors - DAT CLEAVE DAMAGE.