Conquest vendors temporarily disabled

Arenas
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 Next
I might be a player who does... I mean I resubscribed for 5.4s PvP and the first 4 days of it have been terrible since I have nothing to work for on my warrior and my rogue is patiently waiting to get her Grevious as well but I can get some Tyranical gear in the meantime. I at least hope at max gear a lot will be different than 5.3 with pvp if not I'll probably just head back to Final Fantasy 14 for a while.
For the love of PVP unlock the vendors already.
You can add whatever you like to them during the last 2 minutes under the broiler, remember to season, flip, and season again. Cheese, shallots, or even chili can be added for final touches.

oh baby
Chill, you'd only be able to get 1 piece anyways...
A fix was made to restore the Conquest cap back to the proper level of 2200. A very small number of players were able to purchase more gear than intended, and we will be addressing those on a case-by-case basis.

We're currently working on implementing a hotfix to bring the Conquest vendors back as soon as possible.

Edit: The Conquest vendors should be back up now.
Finally a blue post I doubt you'll reply but any ETA on the hotfix?
A fix was made to restore the Conquest cap back to the proper level of 2200. A very small number of players were able to purchase more gear than intended, and we will be addressing those on a case-by-case basis.

We're currently working on implementing a hotfix to bring the Conquest vendors back as soon as possible.

Rygarius; I hope you understand (at least I hope from a majority) that the flak thrown around in the thread isn't directed at you.
You are a CM.. not a tech/dev, etc so you can't exactly get minute by minute updates.
I do appreciate the communication.
09/20/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Vodika
Finally a blue post I doubt you'll reply but any ETA on the hotfix?

Soon, without the (TM) is about as close as I can nail it down to at this time. We're trying to implement the hotfix as we speak.
09/20/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Vodika
I might be a player who does... I mean I resubscribed for 5.4s PvP and the first 4 days of it have been terrible since I have nothing to work for on my warrior and my rogue is patiently waiting to get her Grevious as well but I can get some Tyranical gear in the meantime.

chill m8 its one piece of gear

also if youre pvping for gear your doing something wrong

Rygarius; I hope you understand (at least I hope from a majority) that the flak thrown around in the thread isn't directed at you.
You are a CM.. not a tech/dev, etc so you can't exactly get minute by minute updates.
I do appreciate the communication.

This. I feel bad that Rygarius has to take all the heat on the forums haha.

I dont understand what has taken 8+ hours to figure out how to "bring the Conquest vendors back". It really doesnt seem like a difficult thing for bliz to do.
How it works is;

you enter an arena, log off before leaving the arena

Since your character is in the arena, when the new patch is implemented you retain the 27k cap or whatever, plus the new 2200. Weird.

someone told me this has been around since Burning Crusade o.O
You simply enter an arena game, log off, don't log back on until new season patch.

Wallah!

Blizz needs to find out how to resolve this, so that they can prevent other people who haven't logged on for 5.4 yet from acquiring this.

Seems a bit complicated to fix imo.

I would make it so if any player logs out while in the arena, they either get teleported out as soon as they log off, or somehow fix it so it doesn't give them the last season's cap, which the latter seems like a harder thing to do.
How it works is;

you enter an arena, log off before leaving the arena

Since your character is in the arena, when the new patch is implemented you retain the 27k cap or whatever, plus the new 2200. Weird.

someone told me this has been around since Burning Crusade o.O

That makes no sense. How are you even entering the arena before the patch hits? The week prior to the patch all rated pvp is shut down.

I will hand it to you, this is on par with the " /e has reported you Away From Keyboard. Type /AFK Clear to remain in the battleground" troll that people used to do in bgs. I wonder how many people are gonna go try this and lose a match ahahaha

EDIT: Ok your second post clears up the info I was missing. Ignore my above statement.
09/20/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Tels
I dont understand what has taken 8+ hours to figure out how to "bring the Conquest vendors back". It really doesnt seem like a difficult thing for bliz to do.

I can't speak for the difficulty or ease of bring the Conquest vendors back but the hotfix does need to be tested before the hotfix can be deployed on live realms.

Also: https://twitter.com/Rygarius/status/381190660516089857/photo/1
bringing back conquest vendor's should be as easy as launch of 5.4 with honor vendors being disabled. just click on the enable button :)

I can't speak for the difficulty or ease of bring the Conquest vendors back but the hotfix does need to be tested before the hotfix can be deployed on live realms.

Do you guys know how it is done? is my explanation correct?

Just wondering because it would be cool if I somehow helped you guys figure this out.
BTW incase you guys and blizzard didn't know.

Last season on my rogue, he just hit 90 like a week before 5.4.

I acquired 27.2k conquest points by queueing for 2's freebies.

my record was like 148-400

But I didn't lift a single finger.
It took me 2 days of 6 hour sessions.
Every win was a freebie, no one showed up, or showed up then left.
and every no-show was a 1700 mmr team.
Some games I could tell by if the enemy team was a stupid comp(like double affliction lock) that they were doing the same thing.
As soon as the enemy team saw that we entered the arena, they would leave so that they wouldn't have to face us, and they could continue farming freebies

On average, it was 20% to get a freebie.

Is this a glitch or a freebie from blizzard??