Warrior worst class?

For me atleast I think he is. Its between the warrior and lock,,imo. This is not fact of course just what I think.

I think it has a lot to do with the warriors lack of a scheme. Charge and that's it.

Any other class can build a charge deck as well. Not as much as the warrior but still. I think the warrior class needs something else. Something else to build around. Something like a cleave ability ,not just the card cleave but an ability like the rogues combo, or shamans overload.

Cleave would do damage to a minion and the hero. Cards that offer this ability would be like deal 3 damage to target minion and 1 to the hero for 4 mana. Another could be Bleed. Like deal 3 damage to the hero then 1 per turn for 3 turns.

I'm just spitballing here. I Realize these aren't very well thought out. Just after having the 5 wins quest for the warrior and having beyond a hard time getting it. I don't have a lot of cards for the class and by far is my worst. But while playing it , it just feels like its truly lacking something.

Im no game designer and these ideas are prolly horrible but I just felt the need to bring it up and maybe get some folks to throw out ideas.
Reply Quote
Warrior is up there for worse class IMO.

Takes far to much damage controlling the board, and doesn't actually control the board.
Reply Quote
And whats with whirlwind? 1 damage to ALL minions. Rogue,same spell same cost,1 damage to all enemies. I'll admit Warriors ww can be helpful if you're playing enrage minions but it seems unnecessary to have to damage your own dudes.
Reply Quote
Warriors' themes are enrage and midrange, not charge. They are able to control the board in such a way where they take dmg instead of their minions. This is huge to a midrange strategy. It's one of the reasons that most classes fail at midrange strategies. Their minions just trade 1 for 1 with enemy minions.

Warriors don't have that problem as warrior removal is cheap mana wise. 1 mana to clear all 1/1s, 2 mana to deal with 2 enemy things, 2 mana to deal 3 dmg on 2 consecutive turns, 5 mana to deal 5 dmg on 2 consecutive turns, 2 mana - 4 dmg, 4 mana -4 dmg. Execute - 1 mana. Yes the removal is generally weaker than "equivalents" but look at how much we have at the lower end of the mana curve. And all except mortal strike are basic.
Reply Quote
I know enrage is part of the theme, just forgot to put that in. But, charge is also part of the theme.
Reply Quote
Whirlwind is actually really good with enrage deck. Warrior has many cards that work with damage so WW is pretty useful in a lot of situations such as Raging Worgen and many of the other cards that have effects when you take damage.

Worst class is easily Priest imo. However Warrior is at the bottom as he takes too much damage controlling the board and minions tend to not have enough health.
Reply Quote
Personally, I think Charge is a huge benefit. Your minions can get on the field and do their damage without worrying about being removed before they have any effect. I don't care if they die next turn, they're effectively spell damage that has a chance to strike again.
Reply Quote
Thw warrior needs some serious AOE removal. All other classes have plenty of AOE removal EXCEPT the warrior. Yeah, he has weapons but he takes a crap load of damage to use them on minions. Wariors need a weapon that protects when used against minions similar to the hunter weapon.
Reply Quote
charge is so gimmicky because it's so easily stopped with taunt minions and your whole deck practically gets wrecked cleaned up by classes with offensive hero power (mage/druid) when they're wounded

Weapon-themed decks is also counter productive because for the amount of "board control" you try to attain with weapon usage, you find you brought yourself closer and closer to lethal

which is why everyone going control deck
Edited by Ravis on 2/12/2015 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
it's just rough cause of the druids/paladins being popular atm
Edited by Anguish on 2/12/2015 8:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
Charge is bad. Control warrior is the only decent warrior deck and it is fine. If you tweak it right, you should be able to handle druids and paladins as well as mech mage.
Reply Quote
If Control Warrior is the only current competitive warrior deck isn;t it a bit unfair? Coz it means it means that you need legendaries to be competitive right?
Edited by Pancakes on 2/13/2015 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is why warrior requires so many legendaries to be viable. The class card are not very good. Some cards are great like execute , shield slam , shieldmaiden and weapons but the rest are average to bad when you compare them to class cards of other classes. That new warmaul weapon is a joke and i don't understand why they made crush and bouncing blades when warrior has already a lot of removals. What he really needs is solid class minions . There is huge gap between Armorsmith (2) and Shieldmaiden (6).

Well warrior of course is not that bad. The real issue with him is that this meta is really hostile for warrior.Mech mages with snowchuggers and sticky minions , ramp druids and paladins. I'm close getting my golden warrior and after i achieve that , i will most likely play druid....
Edited by Devilseye on 2/13/2015 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bouncing blades is actually one of my favorite gvg warrior cards.
It kills solo mobs (including beefy 12 hp or divine shielded) without any wounding condition that execute requires

AND

it can cause of serious enrage setups (RNG risk of course but plausible combos in your favor)
Reply Quote
Warriors need an ability to help with aggro decks. Warriors are the weakest against aggro even if you have the weapons to remove, you still take way too much damage and you will find yourself half way dead by turn 5. A warrior weapon that protects the warrior from damage would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Or a healing weapon that helps with neutralizing some of the damage taken when attacking minions?
Reply Quote
I hate bouncing blade. It should be modified to only effect your enemies B/C in the end it will only destroy one minion and it could be your own minion which is dumb. The warrior class needs to refined like all the other classes. I do not use most of those little spells that do 2 damage, it is a joke. Warriors should have a spell that buffs up their minions with taunt, deathrattle, divine shield and double strike. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]