Trump's Constructed Druid deck.

Today Trump was testing constructed Druid deck, one of versions he is thinking to use for tournament scheduled for tomorrow.

2x bite
2x claw
2x savagery
2x swipe

2x wrath
2x starfire
2x starfall

2x azure drake
2x twilight drake
2x ancient of lore
2x auctioneer

2x innervate
2x wild growth
2x nourish

1x bloodmage (legendary)
1x ragnaros (legendary)

Cards to think about: Ysera, Cenarius, Keeper of the Groove, Captain Greenskin, (actually he used this legendary at first but swapped it for Bloodmage), Druid of the Claw etc.

What do you think guys? What would you change?

Personally I've put Ysera and Cenarius in deck cutting on one Auctioneer and Ragnaros. Auctioneer cut was probably bad idea as deck is very dependent on goodly used Auctioneer but for some reason it seemed the best option as all cards in the deck are awesome and work together so nicely and I didn't know what to cut without testing. I am also very satisfied with Cenarius, felt much better than using Ragnaros.

My only wish would be if I could somehow add Keeper of the Groove (my fav. Druid card) and Faceless Manipulator (my fav. Neutral card). KotG is possible, just have to figure it out what to cut but Faceless is hard - at least I can't figure it out if it's even possible to cut something for it and survive to use Faceless on Ysera/Ragnaros.

Tournament (because it will be asked ;)):
Sep 25th, 2PM EST http://www.twitch.tv/2p_entertainment
http://challonge.com/2p_hearthstone_invitataional_tournament
Edited by DenDron on 9/24/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

2x bite
2x claw
2x savagery
2x swipe

2x wrath
2x starfire
2x starfall

2x azure drake
2x twilight drake
2x ancient of lore
2x auctioneer

2x innervate
2x wild growth
2x nourish

1x bloodmage (legendary)
1x ragnaros (legendary)

I would drop wild growth and nourish and auctioneer.

I would add KOTG x 2, Tinkmaster, Black Knight, + some additional ability power minions.

Force of Nature might also be an option.
Reply Quote
Today Trump was testing constructed Druid deck, one of versions he is thinking to use for tournament scheduled for tomorrow.

2x bite
2x claw
2x savagery
2x swipe

2x wrath
2x starfire
2x starfall

2x azure drake
2x twilight drake
2x ancient of lore
2x auctioneer

2x innervate
2x wild growth
2x nourish

1x bloodmage (legendary)
1x ragnaros (legendary)

Cards to think about: Ysera, Cenarius, Keeper of the Groove, Captain Greenskin, (actually he used this legendary at first but swapped it for Bloodmage), Druid of the Claw etc.

What do you think guys? What would you change?

Personally I've put Ysera and Cenarius in deck cutting on one Auctioneer and Ragnaros. Auctioneer cut was probably bad idea as deck is very dependent on goodly used Auctioneer but for some reason it seemed the best option as all cards in the deck are awesome and work together so nicely and I didn't know what to cut without testing. I am also very satisfied with Cenarius, felt much better than using Ragnaros.

My only wish would be if I could somehow add Keeper of the Groove (my fav. Druid card) and Faceless Manipulator (my fav. Neutral card). KotG is possible, just have to figure it out what to cut but Faceless is hard - at least I can't figure it out if it's even possible to cut something for it and survive to use Faceless on Ysera/Ragnaros.

Tournament (because it will be asked ;)):
Sep 25th, 2PM EST http://www.twitch.tv/2p_entertainment
http://challonge.com/2p_hearthstone_invitataional_tournament

This is a very gamble of a deck, perhaps dictated by the meta he hopes to face (would be great against control decks). Otherwise he's gonna get some moments when he faces a aggro deck and wonders if he planned poorly. While I think aggro is over lacking I think this deck is set up to much for a longer game, and there are a few aggro decks that will win before he sets up.

1. It lacks silences, which will mean some big hurt early if people buff something quickly early on, or someone else plays their own Twilight Drake.

2. It lacks early Taunt, meaning zerg decks will have an easy go for a bit.

3. If draws the 2x innervate 2x wild growth 2x nourish at the wrong times (which will happen) it will be more down hill vrs aggro.

4. Again waiting for savagery and swipe together could be to late vrs aggro, but he could use claw so that could really help.... hmmm that one makes a big difference....

Still I'd redo a bunch of things to help early game more. Still very strong deck if he happens to get a innervate or wild growth early.
Reply Quote
That deck has way too many answer cards.

2x bite
2x claw
2x savagery
2x swipe

2x wrath
2x starfire
2x starfall

Basically that list right there needs to be halved at least. Put more threats into the deck. Right now it has 3: 2 Twilight Drakes and 1 Ragnaros. Since everybody runs 2 silence, the deck has almost no way to finish out a game. Especially if Ragnaros is never drawn or is removed.
Reply Quote
Heya guys, thanks for your answers - really appreciated. As someone who plays from start of the EU beta only Druid in constructed different opinions and new insight is always welcome. <3

I was testing yesterday that deck I posted in first post for a lot of games, I also had about 5 different versions of ramp up/control/spellpower decks before I was testing/playing for week or so. Some were "home made", some were copy pasted from other players (streams, heartpwn, etc).

What you guys said about Trump's deck is almost all spot on, so I was changing a lot of cards and did a lot of playing to test it, and this is my final version:

2x bite
2x swipe
1x savagery

2x wrath
2x starfire
2x starfall

2x faceless manipulator
2x azure drake
2x druid of the claw
2x ancient of lore
2x keeper of the grove
1x auctioneer

2x innervate
2x wild growth
2x nourish

1x ysera (legendary)
1x cenarius (legendary)

This final version has about 16-4 score in Ranked Masters 3 league. I am very very satisfied as I faced a lot of good people and a lot of similarly priced (in terms of dust) decks. My loses were 2 against Druid using similar deck with the same idea (both due to fatigue!), one against Hunter who had just perfect early game cards and I couldn't keep up with control, and one against Burst Mage.

Reasoning behind some of the changes:

Moment I removed Twilight Drakes (who were almost always silenced/CCed even if I was trying my best to make my opponent use those cards before Drakes but didn't have too much means to do so) I felt big improvement.

Clutch cards with a lot of situational power like Keeper of the Grove (GODLY silence/dmg that usually works as a bit late Claw), Druid of the Claw (charge as control, taunt and hp as protection for other minions that was lacking a lot in Trump's deck), Cenarius was amazing addition - I just once used buff proportion of the card but 2x 2/2 taunts literally gave me few victories and now my favorite addition to deck that came out to be celebrity of my games FACELESS MANIPULATOR! You could see in original post I had idea to implement this card but on "paper" I couldn't see it work but after actually trying it in the games it was pure awesomeness. You got perfect position for double Auctioneer? No problems, draw-galore! Super late game and almost out of right cards and answers? Double Ysera to the rescue, unbeatable. Need clutch Druid of the Claw? Sure! Opponent pulls out awesome epic or legendary? Well thank you mate! Really, FM works wonders in this deck!

Things to consider and test:

What I noticed to be the weakest card in the deck atm is Savagery. Removal of double Claw really hurt the usefulness of it. Most of the times I find myself using Savagery for card draw out of the Auctioneer. Most of the times it hangs in my hand as a "dead card". Sure, few times it was helpful, Bite + Savagery combo is amazing and it was essential part of the Trump's original deck together with Claw + Savagery but in this version I feel it wastes the spot in the deck. I'll stick to it a bit more but I am pretty sure it will get replaced.

Removal of Claw gave a lot of room for new cards but also made deck somewhat even more weaker against early decks. Strangely in my sample of about 20 games I successfully countered those decks but 20 games is not much. Against those decks I always drop low hp very fast, start to stabilize with Keeper of the Grove's silence/dmg proportion, Wrath, Druid of the Claw and Swipe and finally "reset" the game with Ancient of Lore. But here it is, problem - I have to draw A LOT of perfect cards to combat early game plus decent starting hand with (Coin)/Growth/Innervate to even be able to answer zerg with my "answers", there WILL be games where I will be helpless and dominated even if, for now, deck seems to work even against early aggression.

Cards I want to test:

Mountain Giant - Twilight Drake that can't be silenced.
Harrison Jones - Just amazing and very needed card against weapon classes.
Bloodmage Thalnos - This card was great in original Trump's deck, as Wrath/Starfall/Starfire in this version of the deck was intact it should work as good.
Black Knight - Taunt removal and board presence in the same time. Instant removal for very popular Sunwalker etc.

Innervate, Wild Growth, Nourish debate:

These cards are essential part of the deck, even if you get bad starting cards without early ramp up. Innervate is ALWAYS good. Wild Growth is always good and serve as awesome 3 cards draw from Auctioneer in late game. Nourish is weakest of them 3 IF you don't get good starting hand with powerful (Coin)+Innervate+Growth+Nourish combo but also serves as card draw or ramp up in situations where mid game is stale - like against other control decks. I tried playing without these cards and felt big negative difference. Maybe Nourish is only that can be effectively replaced but I have to do more test games to agree.

Again, any ideas? Thoughts? Possible changes? All is welcome! :)
Edited by DenDron on 9/26/2013 10:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm sorry but I built this deck, played 20 games with it, lost 16, It's not strong, it's not good, Too mana intensive. Gets wrecked by mostly everything, always sitting with 5+ cards in your hand, puts you into fatigue too fast. worthless
Reply Quote
That deck looks horrible
Reply Quote
September necro thread.

Just ignore folks.
Reply Quote
09/24/2013 02:24 PMPosted by DenDron
ancient of lore
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]