Broken Imbalanced Hunter Combo

how he had so many cards in his hand by turn 8? what were you doing during the match for actualy giving him card advandage and not having single taunt in board
Reply Quote
People who are answering "just swarm him" or "what were you doing to allow him to do this" obviously either haven't played against this deck yet, or are hunters themselves.

This deck is basically the new MR deck.

The problem with "just swarm him" is that the deck also has an absurd amount of control with all the spells Hunters have to control the board until you the hunter gets exactly the hand he/she wants.

Also, this deck is worse then the Priest combo deck because that combo at least can be dealt with the turn before the combo drops and is countered by silence or 1 taunt minion (it doesn't swarm and Priest have issues removing 4 attack minions).

What people are failing to realize is this deck basically can't be countered because it is a true OTK deck with a lot of control. Swarm doesn't work, Taunt doesn't work so the answer is.......? I'd prefer the MR deck, at least I could have mass dispelled that.
Reply Quote
Unleash the Hound is extremly OP. It's like Priests managing to one shot you with a combo, because you had no counter-secret.

It shouldn't give all minions damage AND charge. That's absurd.

Most of these issues come from the fact that you can not counter-play during attacks with your own hand like you can in nearly every other card game.

In fact the only counter I can think of to this is having counter-spell. And that's it.
Edited by Xaragoth on 10/10/2013 3:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unleash the Hound is extremly OP. It's like Priests managing to one shot you with a combo, because you had no counter-secret.

It shouldn't give all minions damage AND charge. That's absurd.

Most of these issues come from the fact that you can not counter-play during attacks with your own hand like you can in nearly every other card game.

In fact the only counter I can think of to this is having counter-spell. And that's it.

Agreed, the biggest problem is with Unleash the Hounds cost for what it does. Being able to give ALL beasts +1 attack and charge for 1 mana is ridiculous and extremely overpowered. Any hunter "trying" to argue otherwise is simply doing so because it is the only way he/she knows how to play. I rarely face hunters in masters that do not run with this deck which should prove how OP it truly is.
Reply Quote
And even if I had 85645654 taunts up and survived that one turn, what if someone else was in a position unlike mine and couldn't finish them that turn? The damage buff from Unleash The Hounds is permanent and not just that turn, so if you can't finish them that turn you're dead next turn. Not to mention the crazy card advantage the Buzzard gave him.

If they don't kill you in that turn its game over for them because all those minions have 1 health. Unless you're down to 1-2 hp ofc. Any taunt minion will make that deck lose a lot of damage, too. Card advantage does absolutely nothing for him because his deck is full of secrets and 1 cost minions that are useless without unleash, which he already used.

Agreed, the biggest problem is with Unleash the Hounds cost for what it does. Being able to give ALL beasts +1 attack and charge for 1 mana is ridiculous and extremely overpowered. Any hunter "trying" to argue otherwise is simply doing so because it is the only way he/she knows how to play. I rarely face hunters in masters that do not run with this deck which should prove how OP it truly is.

You can't argue that a card is overpowered by only looking at its effect/cost. Soulfire does 4 damage for 0 mana, by your logic its the best card in the game then? (Ignore the discard portion). Its a very strong card, but its usefulness is limited to a very narrow situation which is easy to avoid with a good deck.
Edited by Riv on 10/11/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny how you mention "if" they dont kill you in that turn. The whole point of the deck is to drop it WHEN you have lethal and not before. The opponent has no chance to counter it once it is dropped.

So you are comparing Soulfire to Unleash the Hounds and want to "ignore" the discard it has....that made my day. Many warlocks would trade Soulfire for Unleash the Hounds. There is no justification why Unleash the Hounds cost 1 mana for what it does. It is too easy to drop a few low mana cost beasts and get a huge amount of damage from it using that card. Stop trying to defend an OBVIOUSLY overpowered card. There is a REASON why most hunters in masters are using Unleash the Hounds and that is because it is very effective for its cost.
Edited by Bloodshot on 10/11/2013 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Unleash the hounds it's fine the way it is now, you can't do !@#$ with it before 6 mana. If you draw it early, gratz you probably have a dead card
Reply Quote
Dead card??? So based on your "logic", Unleash the Hounds which costs 1 mana can ONLY be used after a hunter has 6 mana. Try playing the class before typing useless information.
Reply Quote
Unleash the Hounds is the most OP card in the entire game right now.
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Lothix

Northshire Cleric is the most OP card in the entire game right now.
Reply Quote
Ok seeing as I also played against that same deck I can tell you how to beat it....
1. dont be an idiot.
2. swarms, 2 for 1 minions work wonders as most hunter using this combo dont use multi shot.
3. acidic ooze works wonders if he was sporting a bow.
4. go back to school as your math is wrong...2+1+1+1+1+1+1+1= 9 there is no way he would have been able to play both unleash the hounds less he had the coin, which would make it 9 mana.
5. TAUNTS ON TURNS 6,7,8 is just smart playing against a hunter.
6. counter spell on turns 6,7,8 also a smart play.
7. MURLOCKS really mess with these decks as killing the war leader is never an easy task.
8. Divine shield tends to throw these decks into a fit as they have to hit them two times in order to have an effect.
9. Invest in abominations and sunwalkers
10. stop crying and start using your brain to think of how to counter these decks. Its really easy to do.
Reply Quote
10/13/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Sharpshooter

Northshire Cleric is the most OP card in the entire game right now.

Battle rage is the most OP card in the entire game right now.
Reply Quote
battle rage requires more interaction and cards to use well...and has been known to lead to many fatigue deaths.
Reply Quote

Yeah, good point. A 40/40 Lightspawn by turn 5 is much more reasonable.

Yeah, don't you hate it when the priest just uses his abilities to easily clear all your defenders, then summon a Lightspawn buff it to 40/40 and then immediately atta- OH WAIT. Lightspawn has rez sickness, meaning that people that can directly kill a creature can deal with him...

Lets see what unleash the hounds does... hmm, my tank cards were 2 multi-shot down last turn and I only have normal mobs in my hand, I'll summon them because he has nothing in his hand...

Oh he dropped the Vulture... and both timber wolves... and both dragonhaws... and a raptor... oh he played unleash the hounds... well theres my lifebar...

Now lets see how this could be fairer.

1) unleash the hounds ONLY gives charge

still a crapload of damage... but takes a lot more animals/mana... and endgame solution.

2) unleash the hounds oNLY buffs

Ton of high buffed creaturs, but they cant attack untill the hunters NEXT turn, giving a person some time to deal with it...

The way it is now... though

I went from 0 mobs to 5 and smashed your face in... and unless you had a secret that could deal with it... not a damn thing you can do about it...

...so he played a multi-shot, got lucky enough to hit your only two taunters, then played a buzzard, and got lucky enough to draw seven consecutive perfect cards? Do you realize what the odds of that happening are? How many times out of 10,000 do you think he'd be able to pull off that exact scenario and come out the victor? Do you honestly think a strategy that heavily built around luck is the ideal way to play the game?

Don't complain about bad luck. It's part of the game. You'll have exceptionally unlucky matches sometimes. That certainly doesn't mean the person you played against had the best deck ever.
Reply Quote
It's a really stupid deck because they don't even do anything the whole game. Clearly OP. I mostly play hunter and when i'm coming across other hunters that do this garbage i just shake my head in disappointment
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 09:32 AMPosted by Dekar
It's a really stupid deck because they don't even do anything the whole game. Clearly OP. I mostly play hunter and when i'm coming across other hunters that do this garbage i just shake my head in disappointment

I get the feeling you don't really know what a control deck is. They aren't made to push action early on. Instead, they counter the opponent's action, until the opponent's deck loses its potency and/or the control deck has made it to late enough game to finally do something strong. This is far from a new concept in the world of collectible card games. If you don't like it, so be it. It might not be your play style. Some people love it, though. That doesn't mean it's overpowered. It just means it does what it does well.
Reply Quote
Hunters need improvements so that their entire class isn't balanced around the same strategy and cards in constructed play.

How 85%+ of all Hunters play constructed right now:

- Fill up on 1 cost beasts + Unleash the Hounds
- Get dominated and smacked around until turn 7
- Turn 7: Unleash the Hounds, do 30+ damage in one turn

Boring to play and play against. Everyone knows what will happen during the entire game, it always plays out the same way.

Of course sometimes hunter dies before turn 7 or can't draw the right cards, or 2+ taunts happen to be on the board and the kill combo fails.

Yea Unleash the Hounds probably shouldn't allow you to do 30+ damage from no prior board position, but hunters would be completely underpowered without it.
Edited by Lothix on 10/19/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok seeing as I also played against that same deck I can tell you how to beat it....
1. dont be an idiot.
2. swarms, 2 for 1 minions work wonders as most hunter using this combo dont use multi shot.
3. acidic ooze works wonders if he was sporting a bow.
4. go back to school as your math is wrong...2+1+1+1+1+1+1+1= 9 there is no way he would have been able to play both unleash the hounds less he had the coin, which would make it 9 mana.
5. TAUNTS ON TURNS 6,7,8 is just smart playing against a hunter.
6. counter spell on turns 6,7,8 also a smart play.
7. MURLOCKS really mess with these decks as killing the war leader is never an easy task.
8. Divine shield tends to throw these decks into a fit as they have to hit them two times in order to have an effect.
9. Invest in abominations and sunwalkers
10. stop crying and start using your brain to think of how to counter these decks. Its really easy to do.

1. 3 star master with 3 class decks.
2. Warlock rush deck couldn't handle the explosive traps and snipes.
3. 2 bows.
5. Ironbeak owl is part of this COMBO. IT IS A BEAST. IT GETS RID OF TAUNT.
6. So only mages can counter this? What about the next unleash?
7. Murlock decks are not viable for all classes.
8. Why attack them when you can kill in one turn unless taunt then see #5
9. See #5
10. Its not. There's nothing viable in most decks. Ironbeak with this combo is too good.
Reply Quote
1. 3 star master with 3 class decks.
2. Warlock rush deck couldn't handle the explosive traps and snipes.
3. 2 bows.
5. Ironbeak owl is part of this COMBO. IT IS A BEAST. IT GETS RID OF TAUNT.
6. So only mages can counter this? What about the next unleash?
7. Murlock decks are not viable for all classes.
8. Why attack them when you can kill in one turn unless taunt then see #5
9. See #5
10. Its not. There's nothing viable in most decks. Ironbeak with this combo is too good.

2- Haha, man you are a bag full of jokes, any warlock decent of Masters3 knows that when a hunter has a secret infront of them, it's an explosive, just sit your frogs there until you draw an oracle.

6- Mages can't counter this, that's the joke (priests cant either). And there's NEVER, EVER a second unleash, if there's one, you lost since the beginning of the game for leaving him extreme room of freedom.

7- I agree completely, only Druid and Warlock murloc decks are viable, and both of them are equally scary for this deck, infact, a single imp is already scary for this deck.

8- Early divine shields stops the hunter from completely killing a minion, making him waste twice the removals to get rid of a single creature, you ABSOLUTELY CANT leave almost anything alive while playing this deck, or else any mistake stacks, 3 damage becomes 6, then 12, then 24, and so on for each mistake until you lose.

10 Your control won't work as long as you refuse to adapt, not everything can be resolved with Blizzard and frostbolt.

Edit: i just noticed, apparently you are under the impression that we can run more than 2 owls, let alone be extremely lucky to have said owls in hand, and be MORE lucky to manage to pull a combo off and survive 7-8 turns, after having those 2 owls and whatever we stacked in hand to start the combo. Man, have you tried stand up comedy? You'd be a total success i tell ya.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 10/20/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so if u had

2- 1cost footmen
2- 2cost frostwolf grunt
2- 1cost shieldbarrier

bam counterd with 6mana
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]