Broken Imbalanced Hunter Combo

REMINDER: The test for OP is NOT whether something CAN be beaten. So it isn't a defense to say "if by off-chance X happens, then the OP hunter deck loses." Sorry, losing once every 10 games because of RNG bad cards doesn't mean it's not OP.
Reply Quote
I am on the fence with this deck ( mainly due to different people using it and changing how it is played). I've played against it with my rush down enrage warrior deck and failed miserably due to the fact of simple cards in the hunter line up such as arcane shot, deadly shot, multi-shot, hunter's mark, and the secrets. This deck is for the most part being played conservative until about turn 6-8 then its game you lose. Play a big taunt minion to counter-act his big play and he'll/she'll just deadly shot it or owl silence. This deck is simply about the gamble of draw, it takes no skill what so ever. Saying that you must play to counter a single deck is quite the tall order when you are paired with such a vast quantity of other decks. The games that involve this deck go as follows : turn 1-3 hunter uses arcane shot/steady shot, 4-5 might play a Hunter's companion to either prevent damage or to get rid of an early creature, then 6-8 depending if that person drew his creature combo ( typically 2 buzzard, 2 timber wolf/2 dragon hawk, and at least one unleash the hounds) at which point you are staring at a minimum of 15 damage which is targeted at your face. Yes there are always exceptions to a RNG system(refering to the draw) but think about it the player is going to empty their hand to make this big play and if the draws they get do not follow through they just refilled their hand and did some significant damage (at which point the other player must deal with). My suggestion is obviously nerf bat the unleash the hounds card such as: target beast and adjacent creatures receive charge. Remove the damage boost and it turns into the same style of play but severely reduces the chance of imbalanced play.
Reply Quote
10/31/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Kain
arcane shot

10/31/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Kain
multi-shot, hunter's mark,

Who runs these in an UTH deck...?

I mean i guess you got bad luck, because under normal circumstances, these cards are not present on a regular UTH (they cripple the cardspace for actual useful cards hard)

Now secrets, the ONLY secret that could annoy an Aggrodeck is Explosive trap, maybe your Warrior deck is not that aggro? (Hint: Get 2Cost Zerkers and 2 Raging Worgens. also Double Axe3, Double attack Pirate, and double Defense pirate, along with regular aggro creatures (Lepper gnome, Scarecrown robot of deathrattle, Loothoader)
Reply Quote
09/27/2013 02:43 AMPosted by Mareck
You heard of taunt cards?

Yeah, I forgot about that 1 minion that can block 6 attackers and 29 damage for 8 mana.

Abomination says "Hi!" Also "Bye!"

If the Hunter hasn't drawn into his Ironbeak Owl, or has already used it, that's pretty much game over.

Well, or if he manages to Snipe the thing.
Reply Quote
If he had a minion on the board and you had no taunt on the field you obviously had no board control
Reply Quote
Unleash the hounds has to be nerfed heavily. Either make it 3 mana costs or remove charge i dont care.

Right now is just broken, i dont think i ever won vs hunter with this combo as mage tough my win ratio is above 75%

inb4 use iceblock inc

For whoever says the hunters dont use Multishot or arcane or Deadly shot, they do (at least good ones). They control the early with multishot and arcane, then proceed to combo off. This !@#$ is just unstoppable.
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Shyntil
as mage

That's your problem right there bud.

And yeah, get Iceblock, counterspell, and spellweaver, you know, like, an actual mage deck :P
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Shyntil
They control the early with multishot

Bahaha, you consider Turn 4 early still? No doubt you are playing a mage.

Seriously Arcane and Multishot are terrible (Arcane not so much tho), Deadlyshot is MANDATORY (i never mentioned DShot on my last post) and if he manages to have 5 control cards, AND still manage to pull the combo off, i'll personally offer him my WoW account so he can solo Heroic Garrosh 25 for me.
Reply Quote
No doubt you ae playing that !@#$ty combo, also.

But i understand it sucks to actually have to play with a real deck and not op combo ones. :)
Reply Quote
I got those cards (except iceblock, wich i sincerely dont like at all, simply a -1 on my mind).
Also guess you mean spellbender cuz spellweaver means nothing to me (well except big nerubian spiders thought coming up but i guess its not what u mean) .

So i got 2/3 of the cards you said (2x of each main deck) and still i cant win a single game vs an hunter with this build who just knows how to comb off. Not even good players. This does not require skill.

I accept the idea hunters should be a tough matchup for mages, i just dont feel like a 90-10% chances on hunter favor is fair.
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Shyntil
But i understand it sucks to actually have to play with a real deck and not op combo ones. :)

Give me a !@#$ing break.

I have 9 decks (thanks to 500 bucks from RMAH Diablo 3), are you seriously thinking i just run a single deck? (I won't deny it tho, i really enjoy gimmicky decks like UTH, Warrior OTK combo is also one i quite enjoy, but it was VERY expensive)

You won't win as a mage, i already told you, unless you manage to pull a SICK move (Like CS an UTH, oh %^-*)

Honestly, i mean, how many minions do you run? 10? How many do you get to play per game? 3? 3 removals is my starter hand only, i mean, gg. There was this time a mage actually played smart, Left 4 Mirrors up, and a pair of Spellpower minions and i belive 1 sorcerer, and he already knew attacking would be pointless because of explotrap, so he just sat them there and used his spells to bring me down (You know, like an actual good player and not a complete moron wizard would do)

The most hillarous plays are to bring mirrors and an Apprentice / SP Minions up, only to stupidly ran into an explosive trap, which about 99% of mages do (this player i talked about was the only exception, i actually respect that guy whoever he was, he's also the reason i replaced a few of my cards for more efficient straight targeted removals)
Edited by Sharpshooter on 11/1/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lorewalker cho is also pretty !@#$ing annoying to deal with, You can't flare, track, deadlyshot, explosive trap, snipe OR animal companion because as soon as you do, you gg yourself.

Too bad you are a mage so you can't really use him :C
Reply Quote
Roflmao so the reason behind you saying a 90-10 matchup is fair is because you think every idiot attacks an hunter with a secret up with a bunch of 2 body minions? i dunno who u think you are talking with.
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 12:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Shyntil
Roflmao so the reason behind you saying a 90-10 matchup is fair is because you think every idiot attacks an hunter with a secret up with a bunch of 2 body minions? i dunno who u think you are talking with.

I'm assuming you do, otherwise he has no meanings to deal with a 2 / 4 T1/2 Wall AND and enless bombardemnt with -1 to all spell costs +1 SP.

I mean Kill command... and that can get Spellbender-d / CS, aren't you supposedly running 2 copies of it?

I got a mage deck myself, so it's gonna be pretty hard to try to trick me into this one :P
I feel like the matchup is more of a 60-40, 60 being the Hunter of course, it's not impossible, but it's improbable.

The only deck i'd say i can't beat my own hunter deck with would be with my Druid and Priest deck, i haven't got many taunters on the priest one (and they dont have a mean to bring my Hunter's Hp down except tru minions) and my Druid deck is lategame (T6+)... Yeah, that's a bit too late.
Reply Quote
Probably we run differnet build on mages then. I personally dont like any + SP minion. The only one id like is the Legendary one who costs 2, wich sadly i dont have.

That said, +SP minions are generally a waste. Even with it, i dont see how a mage (or any deck) can close a game vs an hunter before t8, when he gets wrecked by 30 damage in one turn no matter what
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Probably we run differnet build on mages then. I personally dont like any + SP minion. The only one id like is the Legendary one who costs 2, wich sadly i dont have.

That said, +SP minions are generally a waste.

I only like 3 of them, the 2 2/2 One (amazing card, imo), the 1/4 one, and of course Bloodmage Thanlos.

I personally dislike Azure drake, due snipe, and costs 5.... I'd rather run Ancient Mage (which turns your minions into spellpower totems, he can be sniped but at that point it already doesnt matter, since Battlecry has 1st priority)

I HATE the ogre magi, it's awful.

Edit: I run this list: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/15332-ice-ice-baby

There's a Cone of cold that managed to sneak up in there for unknown reasons (with it, it's 31 cards)

It's a very expensive list (lol, all of my lists are), but it does the job VERY well.
Edited by Sharpshooter on 11/1/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Cant see any SP minion beside the legendary one and the ancient mage in there. I dunno how you win vs UtH with this deck.
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 1:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You sit your mana wraiths there, forever, CS / SB any removal they might attemp, power them up with Ancient mage.
Reply Quote
You have to find wraiths, protect them ecc. I dont see it reliable tbh. They have too many ways to kill a 2/2.
Reply Quote
11/01/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Shyntil
You have to find wraiths, protect them ecc. I dont see it reliable tbh. They have too many ways to kill a 2/2.

Only Kill command and (If the hunter's a moron) Multishot, your biggest issue would be deal with the bow (Mirrors). And the wraiths aren't your only way of winning.

And seriously, protecting them is a lot easier than pulling a 7 Card combo with 3 removals in the starting hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]