Broken Imbalanced Hunter Combo

I assure you they also run Deadly Shot, Bow, and sometimes Arcane Shot. Plus charge creatures or UtH. Ofc you have answers, but often a wrath will be killed just after hitting the field. And then you are dead.

If you dont think something needs to be nerfed in UtH deck, well, i can't understand your point at all.
Edited by Shyntil on 11/1/2013 2:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They is also I, i know what i'd play, i guess that what makes us different.
Reply Quote
Personally, I don't think this strat is unbalanced (and I dont play hunter). Its very easy to predict and there is already quite a few other successful cheese strats out there. Why just nerf this one? Cheese is a part of the game.

The reason I wanted to post however is just to say that the WHOLE POINT of unleash the hounds is to play it with multiple beasts and do a bunch of damage in one turn. By increasing the mana cost, It ruins the point of the card; no one will take it. By getting rid of charge, It ruins the point of the card; It will still be useful, but no where near as exciting. The only logical change I can see would be to remove the damage portion of it. I don't think this would be a good balance decision though. As I said, There's other cheese strats out there. Its your own fault if you cant predict this and prepare for it.

One thing I don't like about this card however is that even if it fails, the hunter's pets will retain the damage buff. If your cheese build fails, you should be punished for it. I think it would be great if it was just for the one turn. Essentially this would make it just a bloodlust with charge though, but whatever I think its a good idea.
Reply Quote
Personally, I don't think this strat is unbalanced (and I dont play hunter). Its very easy to predict and there is already quite a few other successful cheese strats out there. Why just nerf this one? Cheese is a part of the game.

The reason I wanted to post however is just to say that the WHOLE POINT of unleash the hounds is to play it with multiple beasts and do a bunch of damage in one turn. By increasing the mana cost, It ruins the point of the card; no one will take it. By getting rid of charge, It ruins the point of the card; It will still be useful, but no where near as exciting. The only logical change I can see would be to remove the damage portion of it. I don't think this would be a good balance decision though. As I said, There's other cheese strats out there. Its your own fault if you cant predict this and prepare for it.

One thing I don't like about this card however is that even if it fails, the hunter's pets will retain the damage buff. If your cheese build fails, you should be punished for it. I think it would be great if it was just for the one turn. Essentially this would make it just a bloodlust with charge though, but whatever I think its a good idea.

I FULLY agree, i also wouldnt mind too much if they change the cost to 2 to be honest, it's another turn of waiting, but after 7 turns of surviving it's not like i can't survive another one, tho sometimes it's just impossible.

Anything past 2 would be butchering it.
Reply Quote
Sometimes luck happens eh lol
Reply Quote
you guys are stupid who say hunter isnt broken

they can kill your taunts with explosive traps and stealth units and then 1hit you anyway. by the time they earn the mana they hunter power u to 18 hp and they CAN show early dominance its possible

like all blizzard games post your "ratings" with your bull!@#$

im masters on sc2
glad on wow
masters on hearthstone
also was one of the first to clear inferno on diablo

when u say something you cant be a random %^-*ter
Edited by eosgreen on 11/1/2013 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ohohoho, we have a superstar in here.... not.
Reply Quote
he got good point tho - this combo is just way 2 strong.

Its similar to warlock murlock deck, just stronger coz aoe is not such a big problem, u deal stable damage each rounds and u can spawn stronger minions - as soon as u take someone under 20 its very safe u will have combo to deal at least 15 dmg instant by turn 6-7. Which means you can finish enemy off with nearly every top deck - and if you have good draws he is already dead.

As someone mentioned - best way to counter is to do faster damage but honestly there is small chance anything but murlock deck or very high dps mage can outdps u faster. This deck also doesnt base on very strong creatures so spells like hex or polymorph doesnt stop it. Aoe only slow it down by 1-2 turns, and only if u are running strong aoe class (druid/mage)

Charge should be killed, so its possible to react and counter it - otherwise its just plain stupid.

Time to time this deck - like any other deck - will lose to some rly unlucky draws and very lucky enemy draws, but right no in masters its the strongest and most consistent deck
Edited by Jarlax on 11/2/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11/02/2013 05:17 PMPosted by Jarlax
Charge should be killed, so its possible to react and counter it - otherwise its just plain stupid.

That's the whole effin point of the card, without it, nobody would use it.

Btw, english, please.
Reply Quote
mass haste and +1 attack for 1 mana is retarded.
Edited by Jarlax on 11/3/2013 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just finished a game where on turn 9 I was rolled (priest). My first Shieldmasta got Kill Commanded. I had Ironfur Grizzly, Senjin Shildmasta, and a Stormwind Knight at 26 health, got the hunter down to 11. Previous turn he played a Jungle Panther which I could do nothing about. It seems the bigger problem is that the Young Dragonhawks count as beasts, with 2 out at 5 attack each, that's a lot of damage. Every game vs hunter in the last week has ended the same way, between turns 5 and 7 (usually) getting rolled like that. It seems that unless you're playing a rush deck, things won't turn out so well.
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 09:10 AMPosted by PlayToWin
Deck get's overwhelmed by early aggro and will often be over before you can do a combo with unleash hounds/dragonhawks/timberwolves.

This is just not true because until the UTH attack, the Hunter plays Multi-shots, Misdirections, Explosive Traps, and etc.
Reply Quote
I think UTH is a little overpowered. That being said, if you are losing to an UTH deck, you either got unlucky, or you couldn't of handled any kind of aggression deck. The combo isnt that hard to break, usually just a few taunt minions, defender of argus or shield bearer's, can really screw this kind of deck over. Even early aggression can out agro them, control can out control them. But if you rely on turtling till round 8-10 you are gonna lose to alot of decks, not just UTH builds.

If you are gonna complain about a class, I would suggest you complain about priests. They have crazy destruction, coupled with MC, which not only removes one of your minions, they recieve it. That coupled with health buffs/healing/turning any minion with decent hp into a one shot machine, yea, hunters are the problem from a gimicky deck that loses as much as it wins.
Edited by Aegrus on 11/4/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
UTH is the new miracle rogue, except for hunter, its more of a niche build, quiet weak against any mage, pally, warlock rush or other rush builds, its much weaker now people have learned to play rush vs it, since most ppl are playing aggro heavy decks with lots of charge and minion summons, UTH win rate is not that high and isnt overpowered
Reply Quote
OHHH NO HE'S GOING TO DO IT...!
Oh, thank god I had that explosive trap out.
Reply Quote
Probably we run differnet build on mages then. I personally dont like any + SP minion. The only one id like is the Legendary one who costs 2, wich sadly i dont have.

That said, +SP minions are generally a waste. Even with it, i dont see how a mage (or any deck) can close a game vs an hunter before t8, when he gets wrecked by 30 damage in one turn no matter what

You're a Mage. SP minions were practically made for you.

Not to mention, there's a suite of 6 minions that either give spell power or draw based around spells, all of which have 4 attack. This means they're immune to all Priest Shadow Word cards (and I'm sure by now we all know how popular Priest is).

I say this all as someone who has been playing Mage more than anything lately (when I do actually get to play).
Reply Quote
I'm very confused why a card that effects all units (well, beasts, same deal with a hunter) is permanent and only costs one mana. You don't see savage roar or bloodlust lasting.
Reply Quote
11/07/2013 02:32 PMPosted by Crusalis
I'm very confused why a card that effects all units (well, beasts, same deal with a hunter) is permanent and only costs one mana. You don't see savage roar or bloodlust lasting.

I have no complaint with making the card "this turn only".
Reply Quote
You should learn how to play the game...
Reply Quote
The only creature he had on the board was an Acolyte of Pain. He had 8 mana, it was his 8th turn.
He plays a Buzzard, a Dragonhawk, 2 Timber Wolves, and a Hungry Crab. Then he plays Unleash The Hounds twice

How in the HELL did you not beat a guy who saved 6 low cards in his deck for 7 rounds?

I'd really like to see a round-per-round log of the fight.
Not saying it's not a bit OP, but if someone keeps that many good creatures in his deck for so long, you should DOMINATE the board so much, with taunters everywhere and big creatures and all that.

What did he play the other rounds?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]