Is it just me or does the Warrior suck?

the only attractive aspect of warriors is the charge set up.
but warriors have POOR drawing-power and multi-unit (greater than 2) board clearing
only works against low tier decks in my experience so far
Reply Quote
I feel like when I play warrior, I only ever beat other warriors :( Or players that make HUGE mistakes. I have never beat a priest on my warrior so far ether :(
Reply Quote
Could I make a suggestion in this thread?

In WOW warriors can dual wield. Has this been considered?

Potential change could drop shield hero ability to provide ability to dual wield weapons and perhaps fool around with armour buffs. Example: 3 mana? lose X armour built up and gain dual wield weapon equal to armour lost with 2 durability.

Would force players who would usually hold warriors to end game and easy beat them to play more aggressively?

Just a thought
Reply Quote

Potential change could drop shield hero ability to provide ability to dual wield weapons and perhaps fool around with armour buffs. Example: 3 mana? lose X armour built up and gain dual wield weapon equal to armour lost with 2 durability.

Would force players who would usually hold warriors to end game and easy beat them to play more aggressively?

Just a thought

Rogues and shamans can also duel wield.

I actually don't have a problem with warriors. My warrior deck is probably my best/favorite one to play, even if it isn't great.

I like having weapons to clear the board
Reply Quote

Just a thought

Rogues and shamans can also duel wield.

I actually don't have a problem with warriors. My warrior deck is probably my best/favorite one to play, even if it isn't great.

I like having weapons to clear the board

Point taken, however I see shamans and rogues as pretty balanced or more so defined.
Warrior looks limited witnessing videos of decent skill level players. Just needs something that shakes up games rather than being very combative by other classes.
Reply Quote
Considering Artosys won with a warrior deck it isn't complete !@#$, but it is still very underwhelming. Just because a pro can get the class to work that doesn't mean it's up to par with every other class and that doesn't mean every other player should be expected to get the same result with warriors. All in all warriors need a slight buff or a slight redesign.

Comparing all hero powers the warrior's is the least enticing. In terms of defense, priests can heal any friendly characters, why can't warriors buff their minions with the shield? they could change the shield to only +1 armor and allow you to buff any minion. It could get out of hand to where one of your minion could have infinite armor after so many turns, well then let the armor buff on minions cap at 1, 2, or 3...etc...
Reply Quote
The warriors I play against have a 100% chance of having fiery war axe in their hand to stop my early pressure. It's silly.
Reply Quote
I didn't get to play a lot of constructed as of late, but managed to get the odd few games in yesterday. I'm currently in Diamond/3S, working my way up to masters. Went 8-0 with my Warrior deck yesterday, winning against a Rogue, two Mages, a Druid, a Hunter, a Paladin and a Warlock.

Most of the time, I managed to win some time during the mid game (turn six to turn nine).

Now, I do know that this isn't exactly a huge sample size and isn't an indicator for the Warrior's overall performance as a class. But it does lead me to believe that the Warrior is so far behind other classes. The disparity just doesn't seem as huge, you know?

To put this into perspective a little, I only won 75% of the 12 games I played with my Mage deck yesterday and two out of three games with the Hunter OTK deck I threw together for fun. Again, two small of a sample size, but the Warrior deck certainly didn't feel weak.
Reply Quote
Im rolling 7+ wins easily with warrior. Draft a couple of weapons and nothing stands in your way
Reply Quote
There are strong charge warrior decks out there, just like the one Artosis used to win the invitational. They are somewhat dependent on good draws but the synergy of the cards goes a long way.

Weapons with Bloodsails, using Cruel Taskmasters and Inner Rages to trigger enrage effects on Raging Worgens and Amani Beserkers.

Throw Warsong Commanders with any of those combos for crazy damage.
Reply Quote
Funnily enough my Warrior deck is my most successful deck. Does better than my Mage or Priest which I actually spent some time on while I just threw my Warrior deck together.
Reply Quote
I'd love to try Artosis' deck but way too expensive right now.

But let's try discuss accessible decks to us mere mortals?
Reply Quote
Say, would anyone be so kind as to link me to a decklist of Artosis' Inkeeper's Invitational deck?

Anyways, I'm currently sitting at a 83% win ratio in Masters1 with my Warrior deck. Not too shabby for a class that 'sucks'.
Reply Quote
If u got a trouble with warrior,
Do a charge/taunt deck. get as many charges u can put in there, and then just put taunt mobs as secondary units.. then use questing adventure as mainkiller.! have fun..l

-lower charges unit are better than more expensive, thats my experience. and its my favorite deck so far.

i'm at 20-3 win
Reply Quote
I started playing a warrior ranked and swapped between 4-5 of the "latest and greatest" warrior decks with almost no success. Then i swapped to a Shaman and flew to masters 3. During the 200ish games ive played since ive only encountered 3-4 warrior decks. It seems that there are better and more consistent classes out there. I want to be a warrior, but when it comes to winning its time to play a shaman
Reply Quote
I'm just gonna level a warrior deck so i have all the cards, and then never play the class again... Sucks big time.
Reply Quote
05/12/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Pavlovian
I'm just gonna level a warrior deck so i have all the cards, and then never play the class again... Sucks big time.

Holy ~6 month necro batman

Also, warriors are quite stronk. You are wrong.
Reply Quote
Warriors are in a pretty decent place at the moment.

Still competitive, but won't get accused of being op at every single opportunity. We don't even need a bull!@#$ 'draw 7 cards in a single turn' mechanic.
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Ravis
I'd love to try Artosis' deck but way too expensive right now.

But let's try discuss accessible decks to us mere mortals?

I think there in lies one of the bigest problems with Warrior Decks.Actually getting the more poweful cards to build it in the first place. Who wouldn't want a Hellscream or Gorehowl?
Reply Quote
Nothing really builds up to anything, and when it does it's only minor effective compared to the simple options available to other classes.

Warrior is weaker all round and almost all of them are easily starved out of cards. If you go first and the starting hand completely sucks, you might aswell concede allready unless you want to waste 15 minutes fighting a losing battle till the end with no way out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]