Assassinate too good

I have a good idea to fix it though,

Instead of instantly killing any minion, the card buffs your creature and enables it to kill any other creature when you deal damage. In other words, it becomes just like Emperor Cobra.
Reply Quote

Instead of instantly killing any minion, the card buffs your creature and enables it to kill any other creature when you deal damage. In other words, it becomes just like Emperor Cobra.

That would basically make it a terrible version of Hex that costs 2 more mana...
Reply Quote
No it would make it a terrible version of emperor cobra that costs 5 mana, plus whatever minion you used it on, and makes that minion effectively sacrifice itself (unless it has really high health). And it also would make it useless against Divine shield.
And it also requires a minion on the board, ready to kill the creature you want to assassinate, which is very unlikely to occur when you need to assassinate a big hitting creature.

I could see this being a new card in the future, for like 2-3 mana, that gives a minion emperor cobras special ability, but not to replace assassinate.
Edited by Fury on 9/29/2013 4:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do people say assassinate is too good? It still proc Deathrattles, it cost 1-2 more mana than Hex/Poly and Syphon Soul is the same thing with a +3 heal for 1 more mana.

Of all the things that Rogues mist have as ''overpowered'' Assassinate is the least of them.
Reply Quote
No it would make it a terrible version of emperor cobra that costs 5 mana, plus whatever minion you used it on, and makes that minion effectively sacrifice itself (unless it has really high health). And it also would make it useless against Divine shield.
And it also requires a minion on the board, ready to kill the creature you want to assassinate, which is very unlikely to occur when you need to assassinate a big hitting creature.

I could see this being a new card in the future, for like 2-3 mana, that gives a minion emperor cobras special ability, but not to replace assassinate.

Whats that you don't like it when other cards with the same function are far weaker? Odd, that isn't what you say when people bring up the other rogue cards like shiv, backstab, etc..
Reply Quote
Morbidity, ur the biggest troll in these forums...
Reply Quote
09/30/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Spoiller
Morbidity, ur the biggest troll in these forums...

I am sure that is way above your comprehension levels.
I was proving a point, but whatever.
Reply Quote
Assassinate is perfectly fine for 5 mana. It's not going to help you early on and if it makes a huge difference after the 5th turn then that's your fault for playing a crappy deck or RNG. There are much more cost efficient and situationally more powerful removal cards out there than this.
Reply Quote

Alright. I put it on my 1/7 Mogushan Warden. He can now effectively kill many minions that have low attack and high health.

This is both exceedingly overpowered AND underpowered at the same time.
Reply Quote
It shouldn't be able to kill a card with Divine Shield.
Reply Quote
it's weaker version of hex or polymorph (they both dont deathtrattle
Reply Quote
L2P issues detected. Assasinate is completly fine.
Reply Quote
just and Off Topic idea:
what about if some minion has small body (2/1) and combo assassinate costing 6 mana
good or bad card ?
Reply Quote
12/20/2013 04:43 AMPosted by Aaron
It shouldn't be able to kill a card with Divine Shield.

Tirion must of gotten pooped on by it.
Reply Quote
09/29/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Morbidity

Or how about it just kills a creature, just like it is now.

I'm checking the is that ok guidebook. Yep, it is.

Killing a creature which is what it does now is ok. Guidebook says so, always follow the guidebook.
Reply Quote
tirion after assassinate do make 5/3 weapon. so still strong.
Reply Quote
09/29/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Morbidity

Not like Emperor Cobra, more like a Execute that cost 4 more mana and forces you to do even dmg on already dmged targets. Sorry but forget this idea pls. Assasinate is balanced for its mana costs. (hex 3 mana 0/1 taunt, sheep 4 mana 1/1, assasinate 5 mana instakill is fine imho).
Reply Quote
12/21/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Illgore

Not like Emperor Cobra, more like a Execute that cost 4 more mana and forces you to do even dmg on already dmged targets. Sorry but forget this idea pls. Assassinate is balanced for its mana costs. (hex 3 mana 0/1 taunt, sheep 4 mana 1/1, assassinate 5 mana instakill is fine imho).

hex (3) silence and 0/1 taunt
polymorph (4) silence and 1/1
assassinate (5) */0 (so no silence, sooo weaker)
Reply Quote
We have small minions... so we need a way to deal with the big guys late game... This is it. If you use it too early you're screwed either way, and it's cost is appropriate for what it does. Poly/Fireball is 5 for example...
Reply Quote
12/23/2013 06:11 AMPosted by OutlawTorn
We have small minions... so we need a way to deal with the big guys late game... This is it. If you use it too early you're screwed either way, and it's cost is appropriate for what it does. Poly/Fireball is 5 for example...

again... poly and fireball is 5 with silence
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]