Top Ranked Hearthstone Players - Pre-Wipe

(Locked)

HAHAH yes Trump and Kripp exposed as not that great, hope all the stream fan boys notice!

How is that the case? They didn't play constructed and this list is about constructed. I'm starting to think you guys think this is arena ranking which it isn't.

Yeah I don't know why Dobby is so excited that Kripp and Trump aren't high on this list here. They barely play constructed.

I also don't know why someone would get so excited (Like Dobby here) at the idea of someone they don't even know playing badly. It's a little sad from my point of view, but whatever.

Oh wow I see Spoh is on this list. I wonder if it's the same Spoh from WoW?! The druid one from Dark Iron <Everlasting Vendetta> back in the day.

It is, he has been streaming quite frequently :)

Oh snap really? Thanks for letting me know =D
Edited by Drain on 10/2/2013 2:54 PM PDT
Spoh got into the finals of the last streamer tournament, can't remember who won though.
He seemed a very good player, beat trump on his way through.
10/02/2013 12:48 PMPosted by Piu
Gratz to Sylas at 34th. He's a great player.

Smoked me the other day in like 4 turns.
10/02/2013 01:00 PMPosted by jotto
I don't see the point of this, most of us didn't play ranked that much and just did friend list deck testing.

Right, but blizzard is giving you an incentive to play rank now :)
10/02/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Dobby
Arena is easy you don't have the game, done talking to ignorant people. Like I said I watched Trump play seen absolutely not one single move that wasn't obvious and a chat full of people who don't have the game yelling stupid plays(who probably consisted of you) which is why I love this list.

How is Arena easier than Ranked?
In ranked, you can play a single, highly-developed flavour of the month deck, and get yourself a good rank with it while ignoring every other class.

In arena you are forced into playing classes you're not necessarily familiar with, and have to invent plays on the fly based on what you were given, rather than a deck that synergises easily.

It's pretty clear that arena requires a wider and more thorough understanding of the game than ranked. Well, it's clear to most people, Dobby. Seems to have slipped past you though. But then again, you are on this forum mocking the skills of Trump, who is in the Top 50, even though he barely plays ranked, while you're not on the list at all. Hardly the actions of a person with a penetrating, logical mind.
I wish I knew they were coming up with the list before I tried a bunch of random "for fun decks" on the last day.
10/02/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Wubwub
Arena is easy you don't have the game, done talking to ignorant people. Like I said I watched Trump play seen absolutely not one single move that wasn't obvious and a chat full of people who don't have the game yelling stupid plays(who probably consisted of you) which is why I love this list.

In ranked, you can play a single, highly-developed flavour of the month deck, and get yourself a good rank with it while ignoring every other class.

In arena you are forced into playing classes you're not necessarily familiar with, and have to invent plays on the fly based on what you were given, rather than a deck that synergises easily.

It's pretty clear that arena requires a wider and more thorough understanding of the game than ranked. Well, it's clear to most people, Dobby. Seems to have slipped past you though. But then again, you are on this forum mocking the skills of Trump, who is in the Top 50, even though he barely plays ranked, while you're not on the list at all. Hardly the actions of a person with a penetrating, logical mind.

Arena is easier than constructed, as arena is almost all luck based.

Trump and Kripp are pretty good players, but they do get beat like everyone else. I had Kripp cry on his stream for 20 minutes straight after beatting him. "He totally topped deck that, he should of killed this instead of attacking into me, blahblahblah"

No, I didn't stream snipe him either. Someone let me know he was crying about it so I went to his stream to listen afterwards. Was funny.

Alot of these players play rogue/druid exclusively too, which are insanely powerful (or was prior patch). jotto for example plays rogue, Sylas and spoh play druid.
I must be number 51 ;)
10/02/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Drain
I also don't know why someone would get so excited (Like Dobby here) at the idea of someone they don't even know playing badly. It's a little sad from my point of view, but whatever.

So sick of people getting false proclaimed titles when there is none. Just like how DeMuslim isn't the best SC2 player in the world and the Leafs didn't win the Stanley Cup, Trump and Kripp aren't the best but their fan boys time and time again proclaimed them 1 and 2 on the leaderboards. Also saying they don't play constructed is a not an excuse(I didn't play enough constructed or else i'd be #1) because you have no valid evidence of that, also judging by how much they do play and how MMR completely relied on how much you play if anything it shows that you are indeed wrong. 10% of time of someone who spend 15hours a day is more than someone who plays a couple times a week.

10/02/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Wubwub

Arena is largely based on what choices you get thus making it RNG, where as constructed is using your skill to put together an actual deck to determine your luck. Lol you must not play the game i'm pretty sure if you any person who played the game had to choose between mana wraith stonetusk boar and Flamestrike would go Flamestrike, the choices are very easy.
Edited by Dobby on 10/2/2013 3:48 PM PDT
Played almost all arena, will after the wipe aswell. Have dueled almost all of these players in arena or constructed at some point in time good people. Looking forward to the gates opening soon and we can go out and play :p
Yay! I made the list!
I bet 50% + played rogue mainly
Well, 50% of the Master 3 players are rogue so...yes! :p

I made the list (35 EU, gotta start somewhere!) as a Pal mid-range mainly. Other than myself I only know Dots who mains Rogue.
IMO I think arena shows more of the better players compare to a constructed deck... I'm sure alot of these guys are very good players but if you have all or most of the cards, play the same deck over and over, that really doesn't show how great of a player you overall it shows you have a very good built deck and really good with that class... I actually seen a streamer who was terrible, buy a ton of cards, construct a mage deck and in 4-5 days he was winning alot with it. When he attempted to play other decks he didn't win much.

Arena you have to pick cards on the fly, different classes and use different strategies. I really wish they would change arena though to a certain number of cards per class like

x- number of common
x- number of rares
x- number of epics
x- number of legendary

so you don't run into people with 5-6 more epics than you have and it would bring more skill in to compare to luck of the draw.
10/02/2013 01:52 PMPosted by Dobby
Trump made the list and he plays constructed 1% of his games.

Trump made the list and he plays constructed 1% of his games. However his 1% of the 15hours he plays everyday is more than the 90% of constructed players, since we're making up stats here.

They are absolutely not even near the best players, I love how simply stupid you people are that you watch a stream and instantly believe that person is good because you watch them. I watch him and see nothing special at all, not a single move that wasn't obvious.

Where's the top Arena list? Now THAT takes skill. Anyone with some scratch and an internet connection can copy a successful constructed deck.

Lol a random draw of random cards with obvious picks, Arena is easy...but it's widely known as the play mode with less skill than constructed, and that is obvious to anyone who plays the game.

Someone need to deflate before they burst with ego. Widely known by you then? I understand you think arena require less skill then constructed, sadly for you this is not true. Sure you can have bad luck and get a !@#$ deck from time to time or a godly one to steamroll into 9 wins. Yet if it was like you say "Lol a random draw of random cards with obvious picks, Arena is easy..." then why do people think it takes skill to go 80%++ wins in arena(obviously not you tho..)? If it's no skill involved then surly by your logic everyone should obtain that right?They don't...
I know your ego is too huge to understand most of whats been said in this thread but I'm sure they'll have your name on top if they did show a top 50 arena like we did in the top 50 play list..oh wait...
met almost 80% of eu players :) can confirm they were good players maybe that's why i remember their name :)
Gratz buddies
10/02/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Dobby

So sick of people getting false proclaimed titles when there is none. Just like how DeMuslim isn't the best SC2 player in the world and the Leafs didn't win the Stanley Cup, Trump and Kripp aren't the best but their fan boys time and time again proclaimed them 1 and 2 on the leaderboards. Also saying they don't play constructed is a not an excuse(I didn't play enough constructed or else i'd be #1) because you have no valid evidence of that, also judging by how much they do play and how MMR completely relied on how much you play if anything it shows that you are indeed wrong. 10% of time of someone who spend 15hours a day is more than someone who plays a couple times a week.

Trump has 80% win percentage even when he plays priest in Arena. You are right this doesn't make him the #1 player in the world, but it means he is very good. He also happens to probably be one of the best streamers in Hearthstone in terms of skill and content (both of which are important in different ways). Being that he is the community image of what it's like to play hearthstone and at the moment the only real high level player most people are watching.

Is it really that hard to understand?

Honestly you are wrong to overreact by insinuating he sucks, and the "fan boys" are also wrong in giving him a crown as best player to ever have walked the Earth. However, I don't think the fan boys are really saying that (it is instead your perception of them exaggerating the truth).
Cool 8th Place and i barely even play this game. Lolz
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]