EU Maintenance is ongoing as of 9:15AM CEST

Producer
Please be patient while we work through some critical issues.

We will need couple more hours to get through this.
Reply Quote
Enough time to fill us in on those Major-Opt-ins which will "make the people who got inside the closed beta the new majority"?
Reply Quote
expected to be available at 08:00 CEST and ongoing even a couple more hours at 09:15...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
10/03/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Ralpha
expected to be available at 08:00 CEST and ongoing even a couple more hours at 09:15...

It's beta for a reason mate. ;)
Reply Quote
It is available in the US. That is also Beta. How come they get theirs working in time and we don't?
Reply Quote
Leave the man be folks. Being involved in tech myself the complexities of server backends doesn't escape me and bearing in mind that this is more than just a little code update. They are doing some significant hardware changes in order to support more closed beta players in the near future and setting up brand new servers with beta quality code can sometimes be a bit nightmarish....
Reply Quote
@Ralpha

They didn't. They had extended maintenance too.
Edited by Rysiek66 on 10/3/2013 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
10/03/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Ralpha
It is available in the US. That is also Beta. How come they get theirs working in time and we don't?

Because they are adding physical servers to change the game to bigger better hardware so more people can join beta and then live in time.

Such things can have issues pop up unexpectedly and it has for EU.

P.S US was late as well actually ;)
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 12:24 AMPosted by Ralpha

They are completely different servers that are being used and there is probably only one maintenance team that can deploy the changes ( I stand to be corrected), especially since the game is still only beta. Therefore one region had to be first and the other second. Unfortunate but there we go.

Also, for those of us who have beta access, this is expected. We have the privilege of getting beta access and we must be willing to put up with extended outages of the service.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't even mind if I was to get the beta access too.
Reply Quote
thanks for the update
Reply Quote
I love how people feel so entitled that they actually think Mr Woo just keeps the servers down just to piss you off. Something came up, they are working on it. That's all you need to know, and there is 0 reason to be upset.
Reply Quote
Except that he keeps saying stuff like "Yey Key waves are coming :)" just to put everyone down half an hour later with "Naah no key waves tonight, thats for sure."
Reply Quote
One thing would be nice, if the people at hearthstone can prod the people who do the battlenet client. Add a maintenance feed window to it, so then random people who don't come to the forum on a daily basis know what is going on and know when hearthstone is down for whatever reason.

Please?
Reply Quote
Waraila, check the Battle.net client, this is already in as we speak.
"Breaking news, maintenance, bla bla bla."
Reply Quote
Waraila, check the Battle.net client, this is already in as we speak.
"Breaking news, maintenance, bla bla bla."

Not quite true. The client does not, at least for me, say anything about the fact that the EU servers are down. I can still click "Play" and still load the game just get a big Error message when I do.
Reply Quote
The same Here
Reply Quote
Same, I want to play :( had an hour off for classes now so sucks kinda
Reply Quote
US had some issues too, learn from them? Communicate? Or just set later time to begin if it takes this much time. 4hours over ,50% more is a lot..

Since like, those couple of hours you mentioned is over..
Edited by Faladrath on 10/3/2013 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
US had some issues too, learn from them? Communicate? Or just set later time to begin if it takes this much time. 4hours over ,50% more is a lot..

Since like, those couple of hours you mentioned is over..

You can't learn from something that is different.

EU has different servers to US, from the fact they have to support a lot of languages/timezones/everything plus the actual server setups would be different as well.

Unfortunately there isn't universal datacentres around the world, they have different set ups and connections.

Not to mention the fact this is a beta.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]