Hearthstone hangs before loading

I just installed the 3890 Beta client and it will not load anything. The program immediately hangs with no explanation, no error. Nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, made sure I had the right client, attempted to load from Battle.net as well as Applications (iMac - Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz, 8 GB Memory, Radeon 6770M 512MB, OSX 10.7.5). Nothing is working. I have also run Scan and Repair
Edited by ladyaurora on 10/3/2013 7:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm having what sounds like much the same issue. Having gotten my beta invite last night, let it install overnight. This morning the Play button is active, but only spawns a non-responsive application I must then force quit. Able to use the Battlenet beta to get into my WoW account without apparent issues. Attempting to launch Hearthstone via it's launcher or directly also fail.

Hardware specs and OS is different than original poster, OS is at 10.8.5, 16gig ram in a Retina MacBookPro, more details avail if required.
Reply Quote
Having the same problems as above using a 2012 iMac 3.2 GHz, 8GB RAM using OSX 10.8.3. Play button loading a non-responsive application.
Reply Quote
Also having this issue on a 2010 iMac 3.6 GHz, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.8.5.
Reply Quote
Same issue. Never been able to access the game. Had the invite since the second week.

No help, no response, no luck.

Running min requirements (extra memory and HD space).
Reply Quote
Same issue as Greymulkin. 15" MacBook Pro Retina. Hitting PLAY launches the Hearthstone app which just sits in the dock and does nothing. Can only right-click and force quit.
Reply Quote
Has anyone seen a blue post in response to this?

I have yet to see a response....is Blizzard listening?
Reply Quote
Updated to 3937. Same problem encountered. I'm still unable to play.
Reply Quote
same problem here
Reply Quote
Upgraded to OS X Mavericks. Still responds the same way.
Reply Quote
I have the same issue with my macbook pro.Intel Core i5 2.4G,8G memory,OS X Mavericks.
It kills me!!
Reply Quote
Same issue here
Reply Quote
I'm having same issues as well, non-responding play buttons
Reply Quote
Same problem. I managed to play normally the last couple of days. Issue started this morning.

MacBook Pro, Mid 2010. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB Memory, NVIDIA GeForce 30M 256MB, OS X 10.8.5).
Reply Quote
Played without problems for a week, now I have the same issue since this morning. Anything to do with maintenance?
Reply Quote
I'm having a similar problem. I got my key today. Hearthstone asks for "Click to start" at the home page and once i click, the music goes silent as though it is loading, but nothing happens on the screen. The box does not open, or there is no movement on the screen.
Reply Quote
same here i think i hit click to play and it just spins and i can still hit settings and friends weird
Reply Quote
Same problem here!
Reply Quote
Is there any progress?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]