Hearthstone hangs before loading

Same problem here.
Reply Quote
Just realized there is a mac-specific support forum, but I just posted a thread about exactly this in the general forum. I got the beta key last night and was able to play. Now it all of a sudden hangs up on the loading screen. Kinda frustrating, since I know it will play, and I got a taste of it.
Reply Quote
Same problem here .. I SPENT $30 on this yesterday and today its not working .
Reply Quote
I'm running the min requirements on my iMac, MacBook Pro, and Mac Pro, except for my memory and HD space. Same problem on every machine.

This has been a problem since I got the beta invite week 2. Have never seen a blue post, haven't gotten any answer.

Very frustrating.
Edited by Sonicross on 11/14/2013 2:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just posted on the general tech support forum too.

Same thing here. I have a Mac and it crashes upon start up.

I hope if enough of us post, they might respond.

Good luck all.
Reply Quote
I was able to get it to work by running the Hearthstone Launcher in /Applications/Heathstone instead of the Battle.net laucher. Doing this caused another instance of the Battle.net beta launcher to load, which was then able to boot up Hearthstone properly.

This is most definitely a bug, but hopefully this workaround fixes it for now.
Reply Quote
@Diesel, I had attempted that and it didn't work for me.
Reply Quote
@ladyaurora, check where the location of this secondary launcher is? For me it is in /Applications/Battle.net.app/Contents/Battle.net.3891
Reply Quote
@Diesel, same thing, not working. Thanks though.
Reply Quote
I am having the same issue. Jumped on to play for the first time today and all I get is a "not responding" application.

I tried the alternate route mentioned above (through applications/hearthstone). Still did not work.
Reply Quote
I'm getting the same problem. Using OS X 10.9 on a MacBookPro11,3 (no secondary display), when clicking the Play button for Hearthstone on the Battle.net launcher, the Hearthstone application icon appears in the Dock but no game window appears. The menu bar changes to show a Hearthstone menu and a Window menu, but they are not clickable and the spinning pinwheel appears when mousing over them. In Activity Monitor, it shows that "Hearthstone (Not Responding)" is taking a constant 53.5% of CPU.

I just got the beta key yesterday and installed, so I'm on the latest version of the game. I'm also up-to-date with system updates, etc. I tried to delete the "/Users/Shared/Battle.net" folder and try launching the game again, but encountered the same problem. I also tried deleting some of the files in the Hearthstone directory (the ones ending in .csv, .mfil, and .tfil) but again got the same problem. I also tried selecting on the Battle.net launcher the "Scan & Repair" and "Reset Game Settings" for Hearthstone.

Is there any log file that I can post here? I couldn't find any when looking through the various directories.
Edited by Jon on 11/22/2013 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
Had the same problem and got the game to load finally by editing the options.txt file.
Open the options.txt file and paste this and save. Also make sure you load the game from the Battle.net client.

sound:b=False
music:b=False
hasseencinematic:b=True
graphicsfullscreen:b=False
graphicswidth:i=1024
graphicsheight:i=768
graphicsquality:i=0
Reply Quote
I don't seem to have an options.txt file. :\
Where is yours located? In the Hearthstone folder?
Reply Quote
I just found the logs folder. It's in ~/Library/Application Support/Battle.net/Logs/
In the folder I have a bunch of files, some starting with battle.net and some starting with libcef.
All of the libcef files have the same contents:
[1121/233749:ERROR:cef_context.cc(535)] No data resource available for id 4740
Reply Quote
Same problem here
Reply Quote
The Options.txt file is at /Users/{your username}/Documents/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/Hearthstone. But it doesn't work at all.... at least in my case. Maybe you can try. Still looking forward another solution....
Edited by memorize on 11/25/2013 8:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
This error message happened anyway. I had a Mac Pro computer shows the same message. However, the game can be executed in that machine but cannot be done in my Macbook Pro. BTW, the OS system should not be an issue here. Because I upgraded all of them to Maverick....It should be mac specific issue but still can not be recognised....There is another way that you guys can take it a try....If you are using secondary monitor, try to disconnect it and reboot your machine and then execute the application again. It works in some cases.....but not for me :(
Edited by memorize on 11/25/2013 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Tried the options.txt fix but didn't work.

The game does work on my MacBook Air though. You're right, the message is still displayed in the logs.

Which MacBook Pro model do you have? Does it have a discrete graphics card?
Reply Quote
The graphic card in my Macbook Pro is Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 320M. It is supported by this game.
Reply Quote
Any progress for this issue? Quite annoying.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]